DEATH If you knew exactly when....

The website in the OP is silly, and wrong. (For example, it predicted that my father is already dead.)

If this question interests you (and who isn't interested by death?), then go to this website (if you're a man) and find your currrent age in the left column - in the far right under ex, you'll see the predicted years you have left. (Women can check here.)

[since women live longer than men, the CPP/QPP/OAP amounts to a huge transfer from men to women.]

If you think your province gives you a longer life, check it out here.

----

Someone should create a website in an easy access form with this kind of data and put some advertising on it. The website would be a nice, steady money generator - forever.

The website in the OP is silly, and wrong. (For example, it predicted that my father is already dead.)

Someone should create a website in an easy access form with this kind of data and put some advertising on it. The website would be a nice, steady money generator - forever.

The point of this thread is not to look for a better "Death Clock" or web site.

The question on this thread is:

Death has given you the exact time you are to go.

What now?

Are you going to prepare for the day?

If so, how?

What goes through you head as the day approaches.

If you knew, what then?

If you knew, what then?

In 2009 more like 2010 now, 5 of us (then doctors) head for mt. everest - some of us are helpers to the various camps, the lot of the folks want to attempt the summit. folks don't make it back is a reality.

I think its the little things you do that makes a difference. You are also more appreciative of life and the things and people around you. It might sound selfish but most of a good is also for yourself, even though you convince yourself its for others. There is lots of a soul giving, the goody two shoes you become - for example I grew my hair for a little girl - stuff like that, you are also on some big routine with time. Everything else is Mac, just enjoy life, it feels good to listen to people and their various stories of life.

How do you say, things are quite a bit more important than driving around in a 17 year old swift

The point of this thread is not to look for a better "Death Clock" or web site.

The question on this thread is:

Death has given you the exact time you are to go.

What now?

Are you going to prepare for the day?

If so, how?

What goes through you head as the day approaches.

If you knew, what then?
Good point, Canuck. I was more concerned about the accuracy of the website and I lost sight of the more fundamental question. And I guess that's kind of your point, or the OP's point.

In my defence, I'll note that life expectancy is a random variable and people have a poor grasp of probability or chance. Despite all evidence to the contrary, many people behave as if they'll live forever. So, the expected value of one's years remaining, and its variance, seem good first steps in dealing with life itself.

Existentialism was supposed to be a raw, pragmatic view of life. In hindsight, it's hardly the first attempt. (I found that the best pragmatic view of life was to imagine my internal conversation as I walked down the street after the proverbial malignant diagnosis in the doctor's office.)

For what it's worth, here's my own answer, discovered when I was young: God knows why I have been given this thing called life or conciousness but I figure I might as well enjoy it as best I can.

In the process of enjoying life, I've discovered a few other points but I reckon that my earlier self got the basic principle right.