More Gays bad for society

Leafless

Give me a call when the Catholic Church cares as much for gays as they do for pedophile priests.

The church did initially offer Gays a chance in the clergy.

The rest unfortunately is history.

Morals and the Catholic Church.....now that is funny.

Beats political correctness and guysers empirical reasoning.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The church did initially offer Gays a chance in the clergy.

The rest unfortunately is history.

Right...what did they offer them? Fire and brimstone soup?

Beats political correctness and guysers empirical reasoning.

PC trumps ignorance any day. And as for empirical, thats okay , it was merely shown that what was posted is not true everywhere.

Small town thinking....sheesh. How sad

Beats political correctness ...

I thought political correctness just meant being considerate, which is a christian virtue. Is there an alternative meaning I'm unfamiliar with?

Alternative meaning, sure.

It's called 'Social Tyranny'.

Did you ever hear of the 'Law of Reverse Civilization':

When a civilization declines it has stopped getting stronger and cleverer, but has started to become sillier and weaker; it has gone into reverse. This waning is the result of a reversal in the nature of authority; instead of authority ruling its charges, its charges rule authority.

This thread illustrates this perfectly. Namecalling and assumptive mudflinging, but very little in content. This is a well known leftist tactic, like the morons who swarm rallies to drown out speakers, so it's no surprise I guess, but I didn't think it would be so prevalent here.

It also should be noted 'freedom of religion' is a constitutional right and the blasphemy some posters direct at the Catholic religion is unacceptable and should be picked up by the moderator.

I also notice little criticism from (heathens), supporters of the Gay crowd relating to controversial Islam.

It is always or mostly Christianity.

This thread illustrates this perfectly. Namecalling and assumptive mudflinging, but very little in content. This is a well known leftist tactic, like the morons who swarm rallies to drown out speakers, so it's no surprise I guess, but I didn't think it would be so prevalent here.

It also should be noted 'freedom of religion' is a constitutional right and the blasphemy some posters direct at the Catholic religion is unacceptable and should be picked up by the moderator.

I also notice little criticism from (heathens), supporters of the Gay crowd relating to controversial Islam.

The treatment of homosexuals by all religions is despicable. Who cares which one treats gays the worst, since it's a matter of fact that they're treated horribly everywhere. We're just getting out of the age where women were treated horribly for centuries by the religious (and still are in some parts of the world), but I don't see anyone suggesting that we'll go back to those ways. There's absolutely no reason to think that it'll be the same for homosexuality. Condemning people and telling them that you wish eternal suffering on them because they found love (just so happens to be with the same sex) is patently absurd. There's just no point in having a rational discussion on homosexuality when there's a group of people that, through myths, are going to treat gays and lesbians as being inferior in some way. Freedom of religion is not an excuse for treating people like animals, simply because they've found love with someone of the same gender. This is nothing more than ignorance and intolerance that people have been coerced into by being raised from infancy under a certain religious flag.

Freedom of Religion, my foot. It should be written as Freedom from Religion, meaning people have the right to choose what religion, if any, to believe.

The treatment of homosexuals by all religions is despicable. Who cares which one treats gays the worst, since it's a matter of fact that they're treated horribly everywhere. We're just getting out of the age where women were treated horribly for centuries by the religious (and still are in some parts of the world), but I don't see anyone suggesting that we'll go back to those ways. There's absolutely no reason to think that it'll be the same for homosexuality. Condemning people and telling them that you wish eternal suffering on them because they found love (just so happens to be with the same sex) is patently absurd. There's just no point in having a rational discussion on homosexuality when there's a group of people that, through myths, are going to treat gays and lesbians as being inferior in some way. Freedom of religion is not an excuse for treating people like animals, simply because they've found love with someone of the same gender. This is nothing more than ignorance and intolerance that people have been coerced into by being raised from infancy under a certain religious flag.

Freedom of Religion, my foot. It should be written as Freedom from Religion, meaning people have the right to choose what religion, if any, to believe.

Show me where Christianity treat gays judgementally. There might be wackos who don't understand that God loves gays too, but the idea is Gays are sinners and are in the same boat as all sinners, not below them.

Christianity does not wish eternal suffering on them. To state that is what's absurd. I know you have a chip on your shoulder against religion, but your hatred of it really is harmful to your perspective.

We DO live in a nation where you can choose no religion. You have made your choice, don't force it on the rest of us please.

Christianity does not wish eternal suffering on them. To state that is what's absurd. I know you have a chip on your shoulder against religion, but your hatred of it really is harmful to your perspective.

We DO live in a nation where you can choose no religion. You have made your choice, don't force it on the rest of us please.

I love it! :lol:

You're right Christians are non-judgmental of homosexuals. They just teach their children that if they have feelings for someone of the same sex, they're going to be sinners and therefore suffer horrifically for all of eternity in the fires of hell.

Not judgmental at all, and perfectly reasonable to scare the shit out of children this way.

As far as forcing you to choose no religion, all I'm forcing you to do is justify this exact type of irrational behaviour and dare I say, child abuse. All I'm saying is there likely is no God, I'm not tossing my chips in and saying anything with certainty. It is the religious who say with certainty that anyone who finds love with another person and it just so happens to be of the same sex, is going to be tortured for all of eternity after they die.

These are terrible beliefs and abusive things to teach children before they can even have a rational understanding of what they're being taught. I don't need to justify anything, because I'm not making the wild claims, it is you who should be made to justify your belief in these superstitions.

You're right Christians are non-judgmental of homosexuals. They just teach their children that if they have feelings for someone of the same sex, they're going to be sinners and therefore suffer horrifically for all of eternity in the fires of hell.

No that was God who said that before there were Christians.

Not judgmental at all, and perfectly reasonable to scare the shit out of children this way.

As far as forcing you to choose no religion, all I'm forcing you to do is justify this exact type of irrational behaviour and dare I say, child abuse. All I'm saying is there likely is no God, I'm not tossing my chips in and saying anything with certainty. It is the religious who say with certainty that anyone who finds love with another person and it just so happens to be of the same sex, is going to be tortured for all of eternity after they die.

These are terrible beliefs and abusive things to teach children before they can even have a rational understanding of what they're being taught. I don't need to justify anything, because I'm not making the wild claims, it is you who should be made to justify your belief in these superstitions.

Well you seem to be zeroing in on gays for some reason. Christianity teaches that every single person is going to hell without accepting God's way of escape, because of what Lucifer did way back when, not just gays. How's that for terrible? Perhaps it's just easier to chuck it all in and say there is no God. But children know so little and if their parents don't love them enough to instruct them, who will?

I had a friend who was gay. He was a member of my church and would sing for the congregation occasionally. He once told me about his gay problem and how he had struggled with it his whole life. It began for him when he was a child. He was a foster kid and would be moved around from home to home. In one home, the mother started doing sexual things to him repeatedly, and he says this is what turned him away from straight relationships with women. This was well before he became a Christian.

He was a very strong Christian in our church, and raised a family of 3 girls. A man to respect. He lived with this issue and decided to believe his heart that it was wrong. He lived his whole life this way, and when I knew him, he was an older man. A doctor had recently prescribed meds that negated the gay feelings. I know sounds weird, but it's what happened to him.

Is there right and wrong? You seem to believe so, that it's wrong to teach children that gayness is wrong. But what if gayness IS wrong? What if there IS a God, and he's decided to let us live our lives having the choice to choose Him or not? What if He doesn't force us to do anything, because then we would have a slave relationship with Him, and He didn't want to create slaves? And the result is the world as you see it, with all the pain and hurt that inevitably comes with mankind's failings - greed, fear, lust, envy hatred and what those things reap - murder, war, slavery, rape and the like.

I'm not going to justify my belief in God, and you are free to choose what you will of course. I suppose I've rambled, and this will appear to be quite a bunch of religious gobbleygook. But Christians who have a relationship with God that influences their lives do not hate Gays nor anyone.

"Morons who swarm rallies...so it's no surprise I guess" ? in a post about namecalling. I guess not.

Your constitutional right is and has been observed. No one is trying to restrict your right to religion.Just to confirm for you.

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(B) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

© freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

Blasphemy? Oh without a doubt . Occurs here all the time. Christianity, Islam , Judaism for starters . For one to support your "unacceptable" premise, one would have to rail against all forms......not just those that are convenient for you.

The I suspect you have not been paying attention. "Radical Islam " is not treated with kid gloves around here.

It is that some are willing to try and educate us that all 2+ billion Muslims are bad, and they get called on it.

Show me where Christianity treat gays judgementally. There might be wackos who don't understand that God loves gays too, but the idea is Gays are sinners and are in the same boat as all sinners, not below them.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_hate2.htm

To be fair, a good number of the sites contained within are from whacko christian sites, ie Fred Phelps, but just the same there are christian groups that do want gays eradicated. Not all Christians, not all religions are

espousing that line.

There are plenty of good christian groups doing plenty of good work for this country. But my original position remains the same.

Explain to me how fags are being "oppressed" by not being accepted as normal people.

By using the term "fag" in a derogatory way.

Restriction of rights , restriction of jobs, restriction of opportunities. While it is changing, IMO for the better, there is still roam to grow.

Are incestuous couples also "oppressed"?

Incestuous couples are for the most part keeping their mouth shut. Cant be oppressed if no one knows.

As for inbreeding , medical evidence shows the rise in homozygosity causes serious genetic defects.

I suspect neither incestuous nor inbreeders consider themselves oppressed. If they are , I havent heard.

Explain to me how fags are being "oppressed" by not being accepted as normal people. Are incestuous couples also "oppressed"?

I believe this derogatory language is what the moderator said he wouldn't tolerate.

I'll criticize and blaspheme any authority in the Catholic church that I want. It's my right. I left the church because of pervert priests that directly impacted on me. And I'll forever call down this organization until it cleans up its act. Your ball.

I'll criticize and blaspheme any authority in the Catholic church that I want. It's my right. I left the church because of pervert priests that directly impacted on me. And I'll forever call down this organization until it cleans up its act. Your ball.
I thought you thought homosexuality was just peachy. No pun intended.

Yes, there are no doubt homosexual priests in the Catholic church. But I am talking about pedophilia. Huge difference.

Yes, there are no doubt homosexual priests in the Catholic church. But I am talking about pedophilia. Huge difference.

Odd that homosexuals make up from 1% to 5% or the population, but 33% of the pedophile population, eh wot? I wonder why?

Odd that homosexuals make up from 1% to 5% or the population, but 33% of the pedophile population, eh wot? I wonder why?

actually, it's about 1.7% of the population in Canada, according to Stats Canada. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the numbers.

I suspect it's even less, but fag activists claims are all over the map, so I thought I'd be generous.