Stockwell Day SHOULD Resign

Hardly guys. I've posted before that both should be investigated if thats what the RCMP wants to do but the digression that Day is accused of is the much more disturbing one. no?

There are some on here that would let anything pass as long as it was the Cons that do it. Never mind openness and honesty for ALL and ANY government. Their mantra is "the Liberals were worse". So it's ok if the Cons are crooked, just let them be not as crooked as what the Liberals were. That's some ethics.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has ever worked on the hill knows all about those labels,...

1. What do they know about them?

2. How do you know they know?

3. Do they know what 332-2 means?

4. What proof do you have to support your contention?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

ANYWAY, the point remains that the abandoned box itself may easily have gone unnoticed for quite a long time.

AND, none of this nonsense about the box changes the import of the terribly incriminating fax suggesting someone paid off MP Hart to vacate his seat for Stockwell Day.

Anyone who has ever worked on the hill knows all about those labels,...

1. What do they know about them?

2. How do you know they know?

3. Do they know what 332-2 means?

4. What proof do you have to support your contention?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

ANYWAY, the point remains that the abandoned box itself may easily have gone unnoticed for quite a long time.

You're just being silly. I worked there. My IQ is over 10. Ergo I know exactly what the sticker says, what it means, and why I shouldn't open it. I assume that they also fullfill those criteria, even being Liberals, so they ought also know it. What "proof" do you require?

Scott, can you agree that if a payment was made to an MP to step aside so that another person could run in that riding that that would constitute an act contrary to the CCofC?

assuming yes, can you also agree that an MP should step aside temporarily if an investigation of said MP is in charge of the investigating body?

It seems pretty simple to me. Spinning this in to only a Mark holland issue is disingenuous at best.

I will agree that Mark Holland should also be investigated if the Crown feels that something contrary to the CCofC has taken place.

Spinning this in to only a Mark holland issue is disingenuous at best.

I will agree that Mark Holland should also be investigated if the Crown feels that something contrary to the CCofC has taken place.

It's not a matter of spinning this into a Mark Holland only issue.

However, it shouldn't be a Stockwell Day only issue either.

Take a look at Figleaf's posts. That is how he feels.

So, you think Stockwell should be investigated as well?

I think the documents turned over by Holland should be investigated to determine authenticity. If the documents are found to be authentic the authorities should continue their investigation.

Holland's actions do need to be examined more closely as well. Including the circumstances by which he found the documents.

I think the documents turned over by Holland should be investigated to determine authenticity. If the documents are found to be authentic the authorities should continue their investigation.

Holland's actions do need to be examined more closely as well. Including the circumstances by which he found the documents.

Believe it or not, I agree.

My IQ is over 10.

Hyperbole!

Ergo I know exactly what the sticker says, what it means, and why I shouldn't open it. I assume that they also fullfill those criteria, even being Liberals, so they ought also know it. What "proof" do you require?

When and how did you first learn that 323-022 means the PMO? What was the context and the source of your absorption of this knowledge, specifically?

Kudos to you.

Interesting how the next post after yours was Figleaf arguing *again* in defence of Holland's actions. :rolleyes:

Kudos to you.

Interesting how the next post after yours was Figleaf arguing *again* in defence of Holland's actions. :rolleyes:

I can see where he is coming from. Fact is (and I hope everyone can agree with this), we don't know whether Holland is guilty or not. Personally, I don't see how Holland would know what 320-3 would mean, but if the RCMP investigates and decides that he did know what "320-3" means I'll respect their decision. My biggest criticism would be how many files did he go through before he found the one in question? Again, we don't know the answer to that. For all we know it could have been right there on the top...or it could have been on the bottom under a stack of papers with CPC letter head...who knows. We can argue until the cows come home whether he is innocent or not, but I don't think anyone on this board has the authority to say for certain (though some think they do). I don't see a problem with an investigation to clear things up.

As for stockwell, we have what basically amounts to a confession. It's hard to imagine how he could be innocent, unless of course Jim Hart is in on the conspiracy.

Kudos to you.

I'm arguing that we don't know Holland's actions in the way some of you have insinuated.

It's great to see you concede that Hartgate needs to be investigated.

Let them take a look at Holland if they like. Here's the likely questioning:

RCMP: When did you find the box?

H: Oh, about three days before the announcement I made.

RCMP: Did you see the moving label on the box?

H: I didn't notice it.

RCMP: Do you know where 30-101 is?

H: What?

RCMP: 320-23. Where is it?

H: Is that a zip code?

RCMP: Thank you Mr. Holland, I think we're done here. Good day.

Here's the likely questioning:

RCMP: There are no zip codes in Canada. Do you think this is a game?

H: No sir.

RCMP: Between your time as a Hill Staffer and MP how long have you worked on Parliament Hill?

H: Oh about five years.

RCMP: How many times did you move to new offices in those five years.

H: Four or five times.

RCMP: To your knowledge were the Parliament Hill moving labels the same for each move.

H: Uhh, yeah I guess so.

RCMP: Have you ever been to the Prime Minister's Office?

H: Uhh, yeah.

RCMP: Do you remember what floor it is on?

H: Third floor.

RCMP: Do you remember the office number?

H: Stephen Harper is *scary* *scary* *scary*. :lol:

Here's the likely questioning:

RCMP: There are no zip codes in Canada. Do you think this is a game?

H: Yes indeed. This is a bullshit effort by the Conservative party to distract people from the serious allegations I made. It is a sad and disgusting effort to intimidate and silence a critic of the government.

H: Yes indeed. This is a bullshit effort by the Conservative party to distract people from the serious allegations I made. It is a sad and disgusting effort to intimidate and silence a critic of the government.

I can believe Holland would react in such a disrespectful and childish way to an RCMP investigation.

I can believe Holland would react in such a disrespectful and childish way to an RCMP investigation.

What's disrespectful about telling it like it is? What's childish about disrespecting bullshit?

Looks like and Holland were both shooting in the dark, just like I had insisted:

National Post Story

But in a letter to Day released by his office Thursday, the RCMP said it already had the documents in its possession when the original investigation was conducted in 2001.

“As a result, the RCMP’s investigation of this matter remains concluded,” the letter states.

Looks like Holland ends up as the only one with pie on this face. When will Dion get control of these renegade MPs? It's bad for the party.

So the RCMP has investigated Stockwell Day's actions and the case is now closed.

When does the investigation of Mark Holland begin?

Maybe it was all an elaborate ploy by the Conservatives. Leave one clearly marked box in the OLO. Leave a document that a dumbass misinformed Liberal hack would have to break the law to discover. Ensure that it is a document that this dumbass misinformed individual would see as a smoking gun, despite their illegal actions to discover it.

Now that it has been revealed there was no Conservative Government this individual has admitted breaking the law with no higher authority to appeal to.

WHITEWASH!

With Day in charge of the investigation, what else could we expect? His staff probably drafted the letter.

This is sooooo dirty I can barely imagine it.

The RCMP gets a fax that pretty much declares someone paid Hart and they can't figure out that a benefit was paid?!?!?

This is ridiculous. No wonder they can't keep track of their own pension money.

WHITEWASH!

With Day in charge of the investigation, what else could we expect? His staff probably drafted the letter.

This is sooooo dirty I can barely imagine it.

The RCMP gets a fax that pretty much declares someone paid Hart and they can't figure out that a benefit was paid?!?!?

This is ridiculous. No wonder they can't keep track of their own pension money.

name='Canuck E Stan' date='Apr 22 2007, 07:18 PM' post='211102']

Somehow I feel if they decide to NOT investigate and if they do investigate, and DO NOT find him at fault we will not hear the end from you.

Stan,

You forgot Figleaf's response.

Somehow I feel if they decide to NOT investigate and if they do investigate, and DO NOT find him at fault we will not hear the end from you.
Pure blathershite.

So does blathershite mean that we would hear the end from Figleaf on this issue? Oh please yes. But really what are the odds?

Kinda like *scary* *scary* *scary* all over again.

Looks like and Holland were both shooting in the dark, just like I had insisted:

National Post Story

But in a letter to Day released by his office Thursday, the RCMP said it already had the documents in its possession when the original investigation was conducted in 2001.

“As a result, the RCMP’s investigation of this matter remains concluded,” the letter states.

Looks like Holland ends up as the only one with pie on this face. When will Dion get control of these renegade MPs? It's bad for the party.

This line is rich.

Day on Thursday called on Liberal MP Mark Holland, who demanded that Day resign last month over the allegations, to apologize for “wrongly attacking somebody else’s reputation.”

This situation is a true disgrace.

The content of the fax could scarcely be more clear:

'My resignation was contigent upon this negotiation'

IF the RCMP had this fax originally, how on Earth could they conclude that there was no cause for action???

NOW we have the RCMP, led by Stockwell Day, coming out and deciding not to investigate a serious allegation involving Stockwell Day!

What is this, a fucking banana republic?