Stockwell Day SHOULD Resign

Ummm if you read Figleaf's post, you'll see he says "There's no evidence they knew the boxes were even there for that long". There's a big difference between the boxes being there, and Holland knowing the boxes were there. Before you insult someone else's intelligence, you might want to read Figleaf's post again.

I was actually mocking Rita's kneejerk response to the term equally plausible without having read the post.

Guess Rita isn't the only real smart one here. :lol:

Any other semantic hairsplitting.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm if you read Figleaf's post, you'll see he says "There's no evidence they knew the boxes were even there for that long". There's a big difference between the boxes being there, and Holland knowing the boxes were there. Before you insult someone else's intelligence, you might want to read Figleaf's post again.

Better send in the Health Department, 14 months without cleaning out the office....phew!

Whoa! There's no evidence they knew the boxes were even there for that long. There's no evidence they formed an intention to hold onto them at any specific point in time. There is no evidence that they even attempted 'conversion' at that is defined. It is POSSIBLE that they did, and so, maybe an investigation might be applicable, but it's totally without basis to reach conclusions at this point.

That's right. There's no evidence that the boxes left in the OLO by the Conservatives 14 months after they left the office were there the entire time.

Are you deliberately misrepresenting my point, or do you suffer from some deficiency that excuses your misrepresentation of my point.

" :lol: "

Who is the poster you took me to task for questioning their intelligence?

That poster would be Rita. I'll leave the rest for you to figure out ... if you can.

Well, I'm a bit confused. On the one hand, you quoted Fortunata's post when you made that comment. On the other hand, you suggested the Conservative must have snuck in and placed the boxes there 14 months later (as if it was not possible for them to be there the whole time without being noticed) before Fortunata's post. Either you posted after reading Fortunata's post but still somehow managed to have your post show up first....or you are referring to figleaf, and accidentally quoted the wrong post. So, which is it?

The RCMP is not the only investigative body in the country.

Fair point. If another investigative body were appropriate and capable, it might be okay for Stock to stay in his portfolio. Yet, the situation is really pretty clearly within the criminal code arena rather than any other; if it were misuse of funds, the Auditor could look into it.

I suppose the Ethics Commissioner could look into it -- OOOPS, Harper extirpated the Ethics Commisioner.

Maybe the BC provincial police could look into it ... OOOPS that's the RCMP.

Are you deliberately misrepresenting my point, or do you suffer from some deficiency that excuses your misrepresentation of my point.

You failed to mention the fact that the boxes were clearly marked to be moved to the PMO and Holland, or one of his minions, opened them anyways. So your point, as poorly constructed as it was, proves your inability to tell the truth. Are you Fortunata now?

Suffer from a deficiency? Boy that isn't very politically correct of you. I thought that only big bad conservatives made fun of mental retardation?

Hypocrisy gotta love it. :lol:

You failed to mention the fact that the boxes were clearly marked ...

Why would I mention the abject falsehoods that you've been trying to perpetrate, rather disgracefully. The markings were anything but clear.

Anyway, nice try on the diversion, but the markings have absolutely nothing to do with the point we are discussing which is whether the boxes were noticed at all.

You misrepresented my point and I'm still waiting for your explanation.

Confirm or deny, Ricki: the payor of your paychecks is the Conservative Party of Canada.

Why would I mention the abject falsehoods that you've been trying to perpetrate, rather disgracefully. The markings were anything but clear.

Confirm or deny: the payor of your paychecks is the Conservative Party of Canada.

You are the disgrace. It was clear to anybody who works, or has worked, on Parliament Hill.

Deny. Never have worked for the CPC. Don't think I ever will.

Confirm or deny, Figleaf: your hatred for Stephen Harper is Freudian in nature. :lol:

It was clear to anybody who works, or has worked, on Parliament Hill.

Nonsense. It was black scrawl on a yellow and black printed label. It contain no markers other than a movers' code 332-0. It's ridiculous for you to suggest that this was a clear label.

ANYWAY, nice second attempt at diversion. The the we are discussing is whether the boxes would be noticed at all, and your misrepresentation of my point. I await your reply.

Confirm or deny, Figleaf: your hatred for Stephen Harper is Freudian in nature. :lol:

Figleaf doesn't hate anyone. :lol:

Nonsense. It was black scrawl on a yellow and black printed label.

On a yellow and black Parliament of Canada moving label.

YES! My God, Bluth spoke the truth! I'm going to bookmark this post for posterity.

MEANWHILE, you misrepresented the point we were discussing ... that its entirely likely that the Liberals didn't even notice the box, let alone the label, for a long while.

Who did you think you were posting as this time?

I'm secretly Ricki Bobbi -- can't you tell by how fuc*ing stupid I am? :lol:

It was clear to anybody who works, or has worked, on Parliament Hill.

Nonsense. It was black scrawl on a yellow and black printed label. It contain no markers other than a movers' code 332-0. It's ridiculous for you to suggest that this was a clear label.

This is what makes your argument so weak.

It was extremely clear. I've been in similar circumstances when I moved office buildings.

Since you're so wrong about this, it makes it hard to take your other posts seriously.

It was extremely clear.

You simply coming along and SAYING it was clear won't change the facts.

The label was yellow printed with black lettering. A scrawl on it in black marker indicated nothing but a short string of numbers in the destination area. It takes a fantastical or notably biased imagination to construe that as 'clear'.

It was extremely clear.

You simply coming along and SAYING it was clear won't change the facts.

The label was yellow printed with black lettering. A scrawl on it in black marker indicated nothing but a short string of numbers in the destination area. It takes a fantastical or notably biased imagination to construe that as 'clear'.

Anyone who has ever worked on the hill knows all about those labels, since they show up after every election everywhere through the halls. Anyone who doesn't know what they mean is too stupid to be there.