Stockwell Day

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the status of this issue?

Has Day stepped aside, or is he corruptlly purporting to oversee the investigation of himself?

How much do the Liberals pay you to clutter this board with your never-ending false choices about the Conservatives? Choices that can only lead to the Conservatives looking bad or worse? :lol:

What's the status of this issue?

Has Day stepped aside, or is he corruptlly purporting to oversee the investigation of himself?

How much do the Liberals pay you to clutter this board with your never-ending false choices about the Conservatives? Choices that can only lead to the Conservatives looking bad or worse? :lol:

You're hilarious. You think it's okay for Day to be boss of the police force that is investigating him? Please say you do. That would prove your opinions are sketchy at best.

You're hilarious. You think it's okay for Day to be boss of the police force that is investigating him? Please say you do. That would prove your opinions are sketchy at best.

Please say there is an investigation going on. I haven't heard of one.

The incriminating documents have been provided to the RCMP, have they not?

He isn't directly overseeing the investigation into his own actions.

Even if your unfounded allegations were correct, it wouldn't be corruption on Day's part. It would be an apparent conflict of interest at best.

He isn't directly overseeing the investigation into his own actions.

What a pathetic prevarication. He's the minister responsible for the police force. The precedents in this kind of thing are set. He must step aside, or he'll never really be cleared.

Even if your unfounded allegations were correct'

What sort of lie is that now? What unfounded allegation have I made? None.

Apparently documents have been provided. It is up to the police and prosecutors to decide if they are incriminating. That's the way our system works.

Apparently documents have been provided. It is up to the police and prosecutors to decide if they are incriminating. That's the way our system works.

And how will they decide that? Maybe they'll INVESTIGATE, d'you think?

What do you think they are going to do with the documents, wipe their noses?

They may just do that, or give it back to Holland and tell him he should wipe his ass with it.

Until there is an investigation announced, nothing will change.

I suggest you stop drooling over the prospects of a scandal until a investigation is announced, and hope that they find something worthy of investigating.

You may require the documents yourself to wipe the disappointment off your face,if nothing is found.

What do you think they are going to do with the documents, wipe their noses?

They may just do that, or give it back to Holland and tell him he should wipe his ass with it.

Until there is an investigation announced, nothing will change.

The RCMP have documents that on their face suggest a criminal offence may have occured. A person who may be involved in that possible offence cannot stay as the minister over them while they look into that. Announcement or not.

The RCMP have documents that on their face suggest a criminal offence may have occured. A person who may be involved in that possible offence cannot stay as the minister over them while they look into that. Announcement or not.

On their face?

That's quite the stretch.

So what is the test for a document to "on it's face" suggest a criminal offence "may" have occurred.

Seems like all it would take to force a Minister to resign under such a light burden is to conjure a document fo some kind...

On their face?

No stretch at all. All the elements of the offense are discernible in the documents and the actions that they related to.

No stretch at all. All the elements of the offense are discernible in the documents and the actions that they related to.

Do make the legal case.

What is the statute involved? What are the elements of the offence? Show us how each of those elements are met.

Why should I recite the obvious?

If you want to make the effort -- The statute involved is the criminal code. It's available on the internet. Check out ss.119-123 or so. Read what the discovered documents say.

Why should I recite the obvious?

If you want to make the effort -- The statute involved is the criminal code. It's available on the internet. Check out ss.119-123 or so. Read what the discovered documents say.

OK.

Yet again, proving you are full of hot air and blather but very little in the way of facts.

Thanks Figleaf. Your honest and insightful contribution is appreciated as usual. :lol:

Recite the obvious :rolleyes:

On their face?

Listen Columbo,or is it Perry Mason? Anyway, the proper thing for you to do is offer your services to the RCMP and go and hang the guy right now.

You say he's guilty and you should know(must be intuition,being a Liberal, or is it esp?) Save the taxpayer a bundle ,do away with the proper proceedures, and just hang the guy.

I know this is all very exciting for you and I'm sure you've got a rope long enough.

Listen Columbo,or is it Perry Mason? Anyway, the proper thing for you to do is offer your services to the RCMP and go and hang the guy right now. You say he's guilty and you should know(must be intuition,being a Liberal, or is it esp?) Save the taxpayer a bundle ,do away with the proper proceedures, and just hang the guy.

I know this is all very exciting for you and I'm sure you've got a rope long enough.

It's *obvious* that Day should step down as Minister.

Seems like magically finding documents is all that is needed to force somebody a Minister to retire.

How unstable would our Government be if events in the real world behaved how they *obviously* should? :lol:

Fair enough. But that's a big *if*. Do you think he shoud step aside here and now because of those documents?

I suppose I'd have to see the documents first.

If this much is true: "My resignation was contingent upon this negotiation," he allegedly wrote....

...then it is clear that he broke the law.

You say he's guilty

You should learn to read. I never said anyone was guilty. I'm saying that Stockwell Day has to step aside while the RCMP look into the situation.

being a Liberal

I'm not.

do away with the proper proceedures

The proper procedure is for a person interested in the outcome of an investigation to not be in charge of the investigators.