US Covertly Funding Al Qaeda

how do people feel about people like sharkman, who refues to adress the truth, as defined by facts, and still disagrees with them?

Perhaps you should reread my posts. You will see my original objection had to do with extrapolating this issue into a Canadian government problem in Afghanistan. Since Gost didn't offer any proof of this, as defined by facts, perhaps you could.

how do people feel about people like sharkman, who refues to adress the truth, as defined by facts, and still disagrees with them?

Perhaps you should reread my posts. You will see my original objection had to do with extrapolating this issue into a Canadian government problem in Afghanistan. Since Gost didn't offer any proof of this, as defined by facts, perhaps you could.

Well actually the topic is about the US covertly funding Al-Queda. And if you chose that one thing to debate on then you lost already. For what you want me to 'prove' is another thread altogether. Not to mention that thread would not be under US Politics. I offered no facts about Canadian money helping insurgents.

I will even quote myself.

On that note, I should even care more because Canada is involved in Afghanistan. And I would not doubt that money is missing there as well.

So you took two different sentences and mashed them into one and extrapolated that Canadian money is helping insurgents (ok now I am making an assumption about what you are trying to get at, so please make it clear for me as so I don't get confused). I did not make any assumtion about that at all. Nice try though. You made a total assumption and got off topic and chose to pick on that because the rest of my 'theory' you cannot pick apart at all. I waited 3 days for a response from you on this theory, and all I got was this??

Money IS missing and COULD be helping out insurgents. Unless your reading comprehension is that of a grade schooler, you should be able to follow this simple conversation. Don't put the blame on me to prove something off topic (well kind of off topic) when you cannot even understand the posts I am making. Stop sidetracking and deal with the topic.

You can do better Sharkman. I know you can. I think you are an intelligent person, but you obviously do not want to show it to us.

I think the US generally sides with the Shi'a, I'm suspicious of anyone that claims the US is working the Sunni's on this one.

The US does not side with either group on religious lines. Traditionally the Shiites are the poor repressed people of the ME. Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, and so on.... The invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan removed two sunni strongholds, the Taleban and the Baathists, respectively.

Notice that both these nations border Iran, the shiite rabble rousing nation seemingly permanently at odds with Washington.

Last summer the US was desperately hoping the IDF took out Hezbollah. They failed miserably.

Now they are telling some Sunni militant groups, naturally connected to AQ, to stay tuned for further instructions and funding. Why?

For the impending attack on Iran. Because when that happens, shiite groups will be 'activated' by Iran. Most specifically, hamas and Hezbollah. Adn the Sunni militant groups are then going to attack them.

Dont forget, the US 'assisted' AQ in Kosovo against the serbs. The KLA is and was a radical islamic group associated with AQ.

So while the US is stuck promoting the shiite gov in Iraq, (for reasons that are essentially out of their control, i.e., they talked big about democracy and their is simply more shiites than sunnis in Iraq, so shiites will always come out on top in any 'democracy' in iraq, and the US will have to pretend to support it), they have essentially given their arch-nemesis Iran a chance for region wide shiite revivial. This means region wide conflict, and i think it is something the US wants. They want to make this a real battle that will cause even the most diehard anti war folks in the west to get on board, just like the good ol days in WWII. They are fuckin lunatics, all of 'em.

Andrew

Why then is the USA funding Al Qaeda if they are a bigger threat?

They aren't, there is no real evidence of that. It's actually beyond absurd. The conclusions one can draw when they really want to draw one....

The USA has been violating many more international laws than Iran, and breaking treaties left right and centre, do you suggest something should be done about them?

What are you talking about? Which UN resolutions has the United States been found breaking? Which court has found them guilty of violations of 'international laws' (something I don't believe is a real thing... international suggestions are a better term)???

Who's been prosecuted and found guilty because obviously a nation can't be guilty (as was recently found in the Serbia case)?

Iran has been found in violation of UN resolutions and are currently facing sanctions as a result of their repeated violation.

Your use of terminology suggest you don't really know what you/re talking about. What do you mean 'found in violation of UN resolutions'? Found by who?

Your use of terminology suggest you don't really know what you/re talking about. What do you mean 'found in violation of UN resolutions'? Found by who?

The IAEA. Or the UN security council who recently applied economic sanctions for Iran's refusal to follow resolutions forbidding Iran to increase their Uranium enrichment programs, which they ignore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6122400158.html

You must really live in a cave or something to think that Iran has never violated a UN resolution.

Well actually the topic is about the US covertly funding Al-Queda. And if you chose that one thing to debate on then you lost already. For what you want me to 'prove' is another thread altogether. Not to mention that thread would not be under US Politics. I offered no facts about Canadian money helping insurgents.

I will even quote myself.

On that note, I should even care more because Canada is involved in Afghanistan. And I would not doubt that money is missing there as well.

So you took two different sentences and mashed them into one and extrapolated that Canadian money is helping insurgents (ok now I am making an assumption about what you are trying to get at, so please make it clear for me as so I don't get confused). I did not make any assumtion about that at all. Nice try though. You made a total assumption and got off topic and chose to pick on that because the rest of my 'theory' you cannot pick apart at all. I waited 3 days for a response from you on this theory, and all I got was this??

Money IS missing and COULD be helping out insurgents. Unless your reading comprehension is that of a grade schooler, you should be able to follow this simple conversation. Don't put the blame on me to prove something off topic (well kind of off topic) when you cannot even understand the posts I am making. Stop sidetracking and deal with the topic.

You can do better Sharkman. I know you can. I think you are an intelligent person, but you obviously do not want to show it to us.

Good grief! I haven't been on this forum much lately, but obviously I must have made an enemy by your in between the line snideness.

You haven't represented the above discussion accurately. But I don't care anymore...

Poor Sharkman

You haven't represented the above discussion accurately. But I don't care anymore...

Again at least I am trying. And you Cartman'd it up just as I though you would. I would kindly ask you at this point to not contibute anymore (considering what you have already 'contributed') to this thread.

I may not be representing things accurately for I am not 100% sure. But you are not even doing any representing at all.

Good grief! I haven't been on this forum much lately, but obviously I must have made an enemy by your in between the line snideness.

I doubt you cared in the first place......

Dont forget, the US 'assisted' AQ in Kosovo against the serbs. The KLA is and was a radical islamic group associated with AQ.

Any evidence of that?

Bin Laden and the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA)

The role of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) as a terrorist organization is amply documented by Congressional transcripts. According to Frank Ciluffo of the Globalized Organized Crime Program, in a testimony presented to the House of Representatives Judicial Committee:

"What was largely hidden from public view was the fact that the KLA raise part of their funds from the sale of narcotics. Albania and Kosovo lie at the heart of the "Balkan Route" that links the "Golden Crescent" of Afghanistan and Pakistan to the drug markets of Europe. This route is worth an estimated $400 billion a year and handles 80 percent of heroin destined for Europe." (House Judiciary Committee, 13 December 2000)

The relationship between the KLA and Osama bin Laden is confirmed by Interpol's Criminal Intelligence division:

"The U.S. State Department listed the KLA as a terrorist organization, indicating that it was financing its operations with money from the international heroin trade and loans from Islamic countries and individuals, among them allegedly Usama bin Laden . Another link to bin Laden is the fact that the brother of a leader in an Egyptian Jihad organization and also a military commander of Usama bin Laden, was leading an elite KLA unit during the Kosovo conflict." (US Congress, Testimony of Ralf Mutschke of Interpol's Criminal Intelligence Division, to the House Judicial Committee, 13 December 2000).

The evidence regarding the KLA contained in Congressional transcripts, news reports and intelligence documents directly implicates General Wesley Clark.

During his stint as NATO Supreme commander (1997-2000). Clark had close personal ties with KLA Chief of Staff Commander Brigadier Agim Ceku and KLA Leader Hashim Thaci (see photo below ).

and from the same source:

The development and training of KLA forces was part of NATO planning, directly led by General Wesley Clark. In the words of former Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) secret agent Michael Levine, writing at the height of the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia:

"Ten years ago we were arming and equipping the worst elements of the Mujahideen in Afghanistan - drug traffickers, arms smugglers, anti-American terrorists…Now we're doing the same thing with the KLA, which is tied in with every known middle and far eastern drug cartel. Interpol, Europol, and nearly every European intelligence and counter-narcotics agency has files open on drug syndicates that lead right to the KLA, and right to Albanian gangs in this country." (New American Magazine, May 24, 1999)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO310B.html

I would also suggest reading Inat: Images of Serbia, by Scott Taylor. He is former Canadian intelligence and spent time behind 'enemy' lines in the kosovo conflict for more personal and detailed information about NATOs campaign, the KLA, and the failure (repeated in Iraq) of journalists to report the real story.

http://www.espritdecorps.ca/

Andrew

• 2 months later...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...=la-home-center

Gotta add to this thread here.

Since it has been speculated that money missing from Iraq's coffers are going to Osama and Al-queda. The US flew pallets of money of there to help out in actually being able to pay for people and services at the beginning of the war. And we also found out that a lot of that money in the millions went missing.

Little more than a year ago, Al Qaeda's core command was thought to be in a financial crunch. But U.S. officials said cash shipped from Iraq has eased those troubles.

You can put two and two together and come up with the results.

"Success in Iraq and Afghanistan is the reason people are contributing again, with money and private contributions coming back in from the Gulf," said the senior U.S. counter-terrorism official. He added that Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia also has become an effective criminal enterprise.

Wait wait wait, I thought it was already an effective criminal enterprise in Iraq before the US invaded. Either way Iraq is STILL contributing to Al-Queda, hahahha wait... not funny. But invading Iraq made it more of a problem and now they are getting more contributions to support their efforts.

This could be termed as BLOWBACK.