Is Global Warming a Leftist Urban Legend?

oh my... what about the judicial ruling... are you also saying the judiciary has also succumbed to, as you state, "anti-Semites and racists"?

They did NOT succumb. They were Liberals to begin with.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your are debating an irrelevant point. Even if we knew with 100% certainty that the recent warming was caused by CO2 it does not automatically follow that policies to reduce CO2 emission the most sensible response.

Ok, well Pliny asked the question so I only responded. The policy question is more a topic for the "Assuming AGW is real..." thread.

Only if you don't count bigotry against Christians, Jews, Americans....

I was responding to "anti-semites and racists"...not my formlation, but Saipan's.

Oh...and most leftists are not anti-semites. In fact, the most serious and virulent antisemitism comes from the most arch-conservative forces on Earth.

Oh sure, we have a radical and extremist Israeli settler on this board, who explicitly has told me that criticism of Israel is inherently anti-semitic. But since such is historically always the opinion of the Commissar, I think we can safely deride it.

Bigotry against Christians? Is that the same as my bigotry towards Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Wicca, and the Roman pantheon?

Why yes, it is precisely the same. No difference whatsoever. And it's not bigotry.

As for Americans: the only genuine bigotry towards Americans is that of selective, sanctimonious disgust for social matters, say "American ignorance" or "American triviality." These might arguably be seen as bigotries, since, in so far as the qualities are real, they are unquestionably shared by the human beings of every country. Americans are as smart and profound as is everybody else, obviously.

But what is often referred to as "bigotry" against Americans is the harsh criticism of American foreign policy. And that's not bigotry. At all. And such a response reeks of servility-to-power, and little more. For example, when I point out the factual record--American, Canadian, Australian, and UK support for one of the worst acts of State Terrorism in the last half of the 20th century...I'm accused of "anti-Americanism"!

:)

Leaving aside that it would be nonsense even if I was focussed solely on America's well-established and irrefutable crimes against humanity in this case...no one was accusing me of "anti-Canadianism" or "anti-Britishism" or what have you.

The selectivity itself is interesting to me.

Edited by bloodyminded

But what is often referred to as "bigotry" against Americans is the harsh criticism of American foreign policy.

Which policy specifically it is? Sending too much aid to poor countries? Helping Europeans with their troubles?

For example, when I point out the factual record--American, Canadian, Australian, and UK support for one of the worst acts of State Terrorism in the last half of the 20th century...

Which one? Attack in the Balkans?

Which policy specifically it is? Sending too much aid to poor countries? Helping Europeans with their troubles?

Your eyes get very big when they tear up in servile, ideological gratitude.

Which one? Attack in the Balkans?

The material support for Indonesian State terror and mass slaughters of the East Timorese. Makes Hamas look like peaceniks in comparison.

Your eyes get very big when they tear up in servile, ideological gratitude.

It's my eyes now the problem :)

The material support for Indonesian State terror and mass slaughters of the East Timorese. Makes Hamas look like peaceniks in comparison.

Yes, we should let the Islamists deal with the Tsunami their own way. There's lot of oil money.

Chretien and his friend Suharto, eh.

And the APEC.

Yes, we should let the Islamists deal with the Tsunami their own way. There's lot of oil money.

????

Chretien and his friend Suharto, eh.

And the APEC.

And Trudeau. And Mulroney. And Clinton. And Bush Senior. And Reagan. And Carter. And Ford. And Blair. And Thatcher.

And so on. That's just for starters.

Intentional and material support for State Terror, mass murder, torture, and decades of violent oppression.

Nice, eh? Freedom rings.

????

Forgot Americans were first and main help in Tsunami?

And Trudeau. And Mulroney. And Clinton. And Bush Senior. And Reagan. And Carter. And Ford. And Blair. And Thatcher.

And so on. That's just for starters.

Intentional and material support for State Terror, mass murder, torture, and decades of violent oppression.

And you have the evidence, right?