Should the Liberals respond to the attack ads?

hiti

"If we do respond, it would be with something positive, introducing Canadians to Dion," said one party official.

Tony Clement, now Harper's health minister, had this to say about the boss in February 2004, when the two were rivals for the leadership of the newly merged Conservative party.

"Stephen ... you've been on the record as a wall-builder. I want to be on the record as a bridge-builder," Clement said during a leadership debate broadcast on CBC Newsworld.

Clement expressed this fear about a party led by Harper: "We cannot be an extreme party. We cannot be a party that is speaking to one part of the country."

Calgary MP Diane Ablonczy remains excluded from Harper's cabinet, though most observers expected Harper to lean on her for experience and female representation. Could it be that Harper remembers snippets like this from the 2001-2002 leadership for the old Canadian Alliance?

"I believe where he would take us is back to the NDP of the right," Ablonczy said in a February 2002 leadership debate.

To Harper directly, Ablonczy chided him on his personality: "You are not going to be able to work constructively with people with that kind of attitude," she said at that same debate.

Stockwell Day was also at that debate, fighting to keep his job as Alliance leader against the Harper challenge. He lost, but he's now public safety minister. Back in 2002, he had some worries about Harper's attitude, too – specifically, his reputation for walking away when things got tough in the old Reform party.

He told Harper at that debate that many MPs "still wonder why you quit and left the caucus in the lurch and left (former Reform party leader) Preston Manning very vulnerable and left the separatists to be the Official Opposition."

Then there's Marjory LeBreton, now the Harper government's Senate leader, once a fierce opponent of the merger that her current boss pushed on her old Progressive Conservative party back in 2003.

LeBreton wasn't reticent then about voicing her objections to the man who now is in charge. "I think if Stephen Harper is the leader, it'll be perceived as a takeover and that could be detrimental to the party." -end quote

Karma, you know. LOL

CTV is reporting that Dion has suggested Harper is fat.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Here we go.....

Too bad. So much for the Liberals taking the high road. I think they lost those directions a few decades ago anyway.

Although truth be told, Harper does have a bit of a belly. Actually the photo on the website beside the article is about the worst one of him I have seen. Dropping 20lbs would sure make him look better in photo ops.

CTV is reporting that Dion has suggested Harper is fat.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Here is the quote.

The Liberal leader joked that the exercise room at Stornaway -- the official residence of the leader of the Opposition -- had been refurbished.

And he said the new workout room would benefit his successor.

"Maybe Mr. Harper will have the opportunity to lose his (extra) weight now because we have this exercise room,'' Dion said.

Wow, in one swift stroke Dion has proved three faults.

1. Still has the classic Liberal arrogance.

2. Yet another example of the classic Liberal double-standard. Personal attacks about skin colour or physical appearance are abhorrent unless it is a Liberal making the joke.

3. He is a huge loose cannon/lacking in political instincts.

Yet another anecdote to add to the book to be written on Stéphanie as the first Liberal leader in 100 years to not become PM. :lol:

Here we go.....

Too bad. So much for the Liberals taking the high road. I think they lost those directions a few decades ago anyway.

Although truth be told, Harper does have a bit of a belly. Actually the photo on the website beside the article is about the worst one of him I have seen. Dropping 20lbs would sure make him look better in photo ops.

It was a dumb mistake and something that need not have been said.

Yet another anecdote to add to the book to be written on Stéphanie as the first Liberal leader in 100 years to not become PM.

I thought you were vehemently opposed to personal insults? At first I thought perhaps it was a simple spelling mistake, but seeing as how you've done it more than once I can only assume that's not the case...especially for someone who is so critical of everyone else's spelling.

I thought you were vehemently opposed to personal insults? At first I thought perhaps it was a simple spelling mistake, but seeing as how you've done it more than once I can only assume that's not the case...especially for someone who is so critical of everyone else's spelling.

What about all the people who refer to our Prime Minister as Stevie? Is turnaround not fair play?

Any questions about my posts PM me. They are of no concern to anybody else here.

Apparently he lives in a bubble that is not subject to his own perception of what's right and wrong for others.

Reply with humour. I would love to see humourous political ads, person that uses them could perhaps win. Everbody loves a good laugh:).

I am no Dion fan, but if I was he, I would say, "Yes, looked kinda goofy didn't I. Had a good laugh at myself. Now, lets get back to work"......

Reply with humour. I would love to see humourous political ads, person that uses them could perhaps win. Everbody loves a good laugh:).

I am no Dion fan, but if I was he, I would say, "Yes, looked kinda goofy didn't I. Had a good laugh at myself. Now, lets get back to work"......

Problem is even on a good day he still looks "kinda goofy". :D

Also why crawl into the mud pit with Steve.

Something tells me they can't afford to run response ads.

I suggest the following ad:

Harper is eating your children

• At 24 Sussex Drive;
  • In Ottawa;
  • In Ontario;
  • In Canada;
  • In North America

We're not making this up. We can't make this up. We're not allowed to make this up.

Choose Your Canada!!!