Tory MP accused of emailing 'denigrating' joke

Anybody ever hear of the phrase "fuddle duddle".

I think Pierre Trudeau said it best:

Pierre Trudeau: I moved my lips and I used my hands in a gesture of derision yes. But I didn't say anything. If these guys want to read lips and they want to see something into it, you know that's their problem. I think they're very sensitive. They come in the House and they make all kinds of accusations, and because I smile at them in derision they come stomping out and what, go crying to momma or to television that they've been insulted or something?

I guess Pierre Trudeau should have resigned as well when some sensitive MP goes crying to momma as well.

An MP is not comedians or comic TV big difference. I cannot even believe some would compare the them.

He used our email system to spread his racism. If this had been the Liberals people would've been screaming, suporting racism and his actions says much about the CPC and their supporters.

Indian is not an acceptable term, nor is referring to FN's as Tonto, or Chief.

That some of you do not see a correlation between failure/inaction/disrespect on these issues list and the chair of the First Nations Committee thinking a racist-FN joke being funny is simply unbelievable.

Anyone who finds no racism in the joke meets the definition of a racist.

If you think greeting FN peoples as 'Tonto or Chief' is alright just try it sometime with someone of FN extraction and see just how many laughs you get in return.

As someone else who responded to this joke said:

Sorry, some of us have a sense of humour. I'm pretty sure you're white, and it amazes me how you seem to get so offended, yet most natives probably don't even care. Hell, most natives make jokes about themselves all the time.

Get off you're high horse, and get a sense of humour.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is just the problem. This is a man sending this? Too many times I have heard stuff like this excused by men because it is just a joke. I was at a conference in Ontario on the problem of abused women. We were talking to the Attorney General of the time, not the present one, and a gentleman came up and asked how his wife was and where she was. His reply was At home where she should be. Shocked silence from the group.

Men just don't get it, I guess it is in their genes.

I guess having a sense of humor is something that can get someone removed from office or sued. Too bad that people have lost the ability to smile and "roll with the punches".

Nothing in that e-mail could be more offensive to Canada's Aboriginal community than the treatment of Aboriginals when the Liberals were in power.

I had always thought that the Liberal legacy was to make INAC efficient and effective, and to bring First Nations' to decent, middle class life styles.

I think people need to get a little "thicker skin" here. It's not that bad a joke, I have heard much worse. This is not rascism. This was a silly joke, there are far more important things to worry about.. like will the Leafs win tonight????

It will be interesting to see how much if any outrage comes from the native community. So far all I have seen is non natives being outraged for them. Or is it outraged civil servants. I notice the media didn't think it offensive enough not to repeat it.

Even if they are outraged, I'm a little tired of hearing about how "angry" so-called "victim groups" (link) are. This "anger" tends to be an excuse for violence, and refusal to integrate.

Islam's extremely violent start is also well known. Their virtually unhindered spread from the Mecca area to the Atlantic and to the borders of modern India occurred largely at the point of a sword.

*snip*

After the Holocaust, an undisputed atrocity, its victims picked themselves up, and are now valuable contributors to the world wherever they live. Did (do) they have cause to be "angry" with the butchers that killed 6,000,000 of them? Where are their suicide bombers? Where are the Americans attacking bazaars in Araby after September 11? Where's the anger of the non-Muslim world against Muslims? Instead of anger, you see the Michael Moores of the world prattling about "negotiations".

Nothing in that e-mail could be more offensive to Canada's Aboriginal community than the treatment of Aboriginals when the Liberals were in power.

I had always thought that the Liberal legacy was to make INAC efficient and effective, and to bring First Nations' to decent, middle class life styles.

That may have been the legacy but it was not always the reality.

That may have been the legacy but it was not always the reality.

I should have put a < sarcasm> tag there.

Well seeing as it is all the white guys that think nothing is wrong with it, I find it laughable that I am accused of being white and thinking it was wrong. And how nice of all the white people to say FN's don';t mind they 've heard worse.

A fuddle duddle to you catchme ;)

I'm just wondering, do you also think Pierre Trudeau should have stepped down as well???

Honest to god, stop being so self righteous and grow a sense of humour.

I think this video has the ability to speak to you catchme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chB7ifrYBnE

"Well, I guess I'll just have to develop a sense of humour." :lol:

Well seeing as it is all the white guys that think nothing is wrong with it, I find it laughable that I am accused of being white and thinking it was wrong. And how nice of all the white people to say FN's don';t mind they 've heard worse. :rolleyes:

Are you an FN person?

No, WASP, my husband is Miq' mah, as is my daughter. And we do belong to the Assembly of First Nations.

Well Pierre Trudeau said something that's offensive, so shouldn't he have stepped down as well.

Or do you only get offended by people from opposing side because of you're partisan hackery.

Well now, that's quite the strawman isn't it. Put up an false compare example and then kick it down! Good job! LOLOLOL

No, I'm just pointing out the utter stupidity shown by accusing anyone of being a racist who has a sense of humour.

Plus the fact that you get offended over everything is just abit over the top.

Well now, that's quite the strawman isn't it. Put up an false compare example and then kick it down! Good job! LOLOLOL

No, because people got offended over stupid shit back then, and luckily people weren't stupid enough to resign over nothing.

Now THAT's funny!

Well seeing as it is all the white guys that think nothing is wrong with it, I find it laughable that I am accused of being white and thinking it was wrong. And how nice of all the white people to say FN's don';t mind they 've heard worse. :rolleyes:

How do you know everyone is white or a guy? Are you making racist, sexist assumptions?

Now THAT's funny!

Thanks. I try to inject some humor (not humour) every once in a while.