Party Sections

What would the point? We don't have a means of keeping a sub-forum separate by political party.

The result would be Conservative supporters interrupting discussions on the Liberal board, Liberal supporters interrupting discussions on the Conservative board (moths and crickets dominating the NDP board...) and the party sections would wind up being about the same as mini versions of the Federal Politics board anyway.

If you do wish to discuss issues with others who are members and supporters of just one party, I'm sure there are better places than here. For Liberals, perhaps Jason Cherniak's blog has a message board, that might be a good place to start looking.

-k

{btw, you might enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcD0Mmyp3f4 :) }

Just wondering if you would consider creating a section for supporters of parties to chat with other supporters. (i.e. a section for Liberals to talk with each other, a section for Conservatives to talk with each other, etc.)

What the fuck for? A section for like-minded people to pat each other on the back? If a poster with dissenting views (or relevant but contrary information other than the accepted 'party line') comes along, what will you say? "Hey, you're not allowed here, just our viewpoints may be discussed!" Partisanship is discouraged here, yet you seem to be proposing an entire section for it!

The result would be Conservative supporters interrupting discussions on the Liberal board, Liberal supporters interrupting discussions on the Conservative board (moths and crickets dominating the NDP board...)
Hey! You forgot the Smart Ass supporters sitting on the fence and firing pot-shots in all directions!

Dear Charles Anthony,

Hey! You forgot the Smart Ass supporters sitting on the fence and firing pot-shots in all directions!
We're the biggest party of all! I can see you're bucking for a spot on the team yourself. ;)

(time for my daily pot-shot at anarchy...) I find it shocking that an Anarchist would believe anything could be made better with moderation! :P

Dear Flea,

I can see you're bucking for a spot on the team yourself. ;)
Would you vote for me if there was such a contest?

Not only will I "reduce taxes" but I promise to "clean up government" and "work for justice" and "renew leadership" and "bring people together" and "move the country forward" and "ensure prosperity for the future" and "together we can" build "a kinder, gentler nation" with "no child left behind" and "a chicken in every pot" while I promise to "speak softly and carry a big stick" at all times. "Vote For Change!"

I find it shocking that an Anarchist would believe anything could be made better with moderation! :P
The act of "firing pot-shots in all directions" is NOT moderation.

This is not the first time that your confused misperception of anarchy or anarchists gets the best of you. I doubt it will be your last.

Yours trolly,

Ch. A.

Dear Charles Anthony,

QUOTE(theloniusfleabag @ Jan 27 2007, 08:43 PM)

I find it shocking that an Anarchist would believe anything could be made better with moderation!

The act of "firing pot-shots in all directions" is NOT moderation.

This is not the first time that your confused misperception of anarchy or anarchists gets the best of you. I doubt it will be your last.

Not a misunderstanding actually, just a poor attempt at humour. You are the 'forum facilitator' (and doing a fine job, I might add), not really the 'moderator', but my joke was meant to imply that as an anarchist, you would naturally be against 'moderation', or a 'moderator', as resembling a 'state', or control over the freedom of others.

As to the rest of your post, you'd make a fine politician. Don't forget your chapstick for the obligatory butt/baby kissing!

Dear Flea,

Not a misunderstanding actually, just a poor attempt at humour.
I figured that. I was trying to sardonically roll with it.

Methinks that dry StevenWrightian humor is probably the worst thing to print.... you really have to experience it live....

but my joke was meant to imply that as an anarchist, you would naturally be against 'moderation', or a 'moderator', as resembling a 'state', or control over the freedom of others.
We all have a leash.
Don't forget your chapstick for the obligatory butt/baby kissing!
Excellent advice!

Yours trolly,

Ch. A.

• 2 weeks later...