Dinning leading...

Outstanding results so far.

If that stays the same, Stelmach will win because nobody from the Morton camp will have Dinning as second choice. All Stelmach has to do is finish first or second and he is in. It will be refreshing to have a Premier from somewhere other than Calgary.

And Morton would have been a disaster in several ways.

This is playing out exactly as I predicted here a few days ago.

I also predicted Dion would win for the last three months.

Yippee for me.

The only major problem I have with Eddie is that he plans on giving the teachers unions the unfunded portion of the teachers pension (that they somehow forgot to pay) to the tune of several billion of my tax dollars. Other than that, I wouldn't mind having a Ukrainian premier that sounds like he just parked his uncle's tractor. Would definitely be a change, and that would be good. I can only hope that his cabinet shuts him down on the motion. Of course, my 9 year old could probably push Eddie around.

I'm actually glad that Stelmach won, either way Dinning would have probably lost. Stelmach seems to represent your average Albertan, he doesn't seem to have many corporate ties, nor is he driven by ideology.

However, I think Morton has won himself a position in cabinet either way.

I'm actually glad that Stelmach won, either way Dinning would have probably lost. Stelmach seems to represent your average Albertan, he doesn't seem to have many corporate ties, nor is he driven by ideology.

However, I think Morton has won himself a position in cabinet either way.

Or at the head of a autonomy focused party. 30%ish is a huge following. There is definitely enough movement towards Morton to warrant a focused attempt at really setting up a more autonomous Alberta.

Thats true, but lets wait to see what Stelmach does. It's refreshing to see a politician who embodies the average Albertan who is hardworking and dedicated to family. Morton could lead his own party and probably be successful, however I would prefer he stay in cabinet and become a good influence on government that way.

PS: I'm living in Manitoba, but born and raised in Alberta which is my only true home.

So the guy no one actually really wanted as Premier is poised to take it all? What a fucking system.

All we know for sure right now (it's 2 a.m. Alberta time) is Morton ain't it. Whew.

Or at the head of a autonomy focused party. 30%ish is a huge following. There is definitely enough movement towards Morton to warrant a focused attempt at really setting up a more autonomous Alberta.

Huge following? Dude, we're talkin' 30% of the small minority (150,000 out of a province of 3 million?) who voted. Which is nuthin'.

Morton could lead his own party and probably be successful, however I would prefer he stay in cabinet and become a good influence on government that way.

To hell with him. And goddamn every hick who voted to keep this provionce the Beverly Hillbillies of confederation. Ignorant, backward-looking yokels blessed with extraordinary wealth and lacking any sense of what to do with it.

Oh look. I'm drunk again.

Sorry, that is a complete misread of what has happened.

Morton mobilized the God Squad and not many others. The second ballot comfirmed that completely.

He'd have more luck organizing a new church than a new political party.

Fantastic BD, your intolerance of everything not politically correct Ontario style liberal is showing.

Hmm. I'm suppossed to, what, embrace my small-minded, reactionary bretheren? Why should I tolerate attempts by people driven almost soley by anger and fear to impose their vision on the rest of us? I have about as much tolerance for them as I do for carptebaggers who come to this province to turn a quick buck and feel this entitles them to lecture people like me (a natural-born son of this soil) on all things Alberta. I'm tired of it and I'm tired of Albertans consistently reaffirming-even embracing!-every tired, trite stereotype and redneck cliche in the book as a means of asserting an identity, and then bitching and crying when the rest of the country looks at their silly hats, obnoxious trucks and bumper-sticker politics with scorn. I'm tired of these same Albertans complaining about their lack of representation in Ottawa, yet who turn a blind eye to the gross power imbalances and undemocratic practices in their own backyard. I'm tired of Alberta politicians like Morton shamelessley exploting yesterday's greivances for their own advancement, despite the damage it does to Alberta and its relations with the rest of the country. I'm tired of apocalyptic visions of marauding Quebecers and of being told to be paralyzed by fear of some nefarious and as yet intangible raid on our swelling coffers, even as our own province crumbles around our ears. Intolerant? Yeah, I'm intolerant of stupidity, which in this province, makes me a very intolerant man.