Islamophobia

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

What is Islamophobia?

Well if you go back to the beginning of this thread (at least the one I started, not the merged mess Charles created) and it was trying to start that discussion. Now it seems we are more interested in the cost of cigarettes at the local reserve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seraphim said:

Nothing wrong with being who you are... the only thing wrong is people that use other people for the own gain.

Oh don't worry. I'm not 'Native enough' by far to enjoy any perks. But I'm Italian enough looking for folks to ask what part of the boot I'm from, Paisan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Well if you go back to the beginning of this thread (at least the one I started, not the merged mess Charles created) and it was trying to start that discussion. Now it seems we are more interested in the cost of cigarettes at the local reserve.

So you have no clue what Islamophobia is: all we do know is that Islam must be shown proper respect.

What would be proper respect, I wonder?

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So you have no clue what Islamophobia is: all we do know is that Islam must be shown proper respect.

What would be proper respect, I wonder?

SUBMIT to ISLAM... LOL that is sure what it looks like.

1 minute ago, seraphim said:

SUBMIT to ISLAM... LOL that is sure what it looks like.

That is the end-game here...yes. But the friends of Islam here at MLW would NEVER admit it.

All part of that stealth Jihad thang. The ends justify any means...and Islam is good, Islam is peace...did I mention that yet?

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

That is the end-game here...yes. But the friends of Islam here at MLW would NEVER admit it.

All part of that stealth Jihad thang. The ends justify any means...and Islam is good, Islam is peace...did I mention that yet?

It is not peace, it states right in their quran-bible that it is ok to lie in order to promote their religion.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:46 PM, ?Impact said:

It seems that every other topic has gone back to definition of Islamophobe, and a simple motion (M-103) has become the topic de jour everywhere. Maybe we can have a clearinghouse here about Islamophobe, or a better term if you prefer. I will start with the issue, not specifically a definition but at least some context. It might also be helpful to cite what others have defined Islamophobe as.

There continues to be a dramatic increase in recorded Islamophobic hate crimes and attacks targeting Muslim persons and property, and Islamic religious, educational and communal institutions.

Cite to prove this 'dramatic increase' in hate crimes and attacks?

On 2/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, ?Impact said:

No. But there are a lot of hate crimes, and yes most of them are other crimes as well. Scrawling anti-Muslim graffiti on a Mosque, and then lighting it on fire is a good description of a hate crime. What is a terrorism offence, and why do we need it? Are not the acts of terrorism other crimes as well? 

Vandalism is not Islamophobia. I really don't think there is anything that can legitimately be called "Islamophobia", ie, the unreasoning fear of Muslims.

There is boorish behavior and statements based on prejudice and ignorance towards virtually any distinct group; women, fat guys, Jews, Indians, natives, disabled people, people with glasses, short people, blacks, browns, yellows, Sikhs, Hindus, and probably hare krishnas and Jehovas witnesses. Why must we worry overmuch about it if it doesn't come to actual contact, ie, violence?

And if it does, then punish it with the appropriate law.

Edited by Argus