'Only 50 years left' for sea fish

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6108414.stm

There's only 50 years worth of fish left in the oceans. Harper has clearly dropped the ball since the Clean Air Act has done nothing to help breed fish in the oceans. While he's dithering about global warming, which is a fact and needs to be addressed 30 years ago, our oceans are being emptied. This will have major ramifications for the economy in Canada. What does Stephen Harper plan on doing TODAY to help bring the population of fish in the seas up to par? This government needs to stop messing around with 50 year environmental goals...by then it'll be too late for the fish.

There's only 50 years worth of fish left in the oceans. Harper has clearly dropped the ball since the Clean Air Act has done nothing to help breed fish in the oceans. While he's dithering about global warming, which is a fact and needs to be addressed 30 years ago, our oceans are being emptied. This will have major ramifications for the economy in Canada. What does Stephen Harper plan on doing TODAY to help bring the population of fish in the seas up to par? This government needs to stop messing around with 50 year environmental goals...by then it'll be too late for the fish.

Plenty of fish in the sea. No worries.

Are you saying there's bigger fish to fry?

PS: You don't actually think I of all people am worried, do you?

Of course not. I think you are probably going to advocate opening cod fishing and drift nets. After all, there's no problem.

Holy smokes. It is a CLEAN AIR ACT. It has nothing to do with the oceans.

I do agree the Oceans need to be looked at. But you are citing the wrong thig here.

Also, the clean air act will do more to stop toxic pollutants in our air than anything under Kyoto.

What does Stephen Harper plan on doing TODAY to help bring the population of fish in the seas up to par? This government needs to stop messing around with 50 year environmental goals...by then it'll be too late for the fish.

Declare war on every country that doesn't practice conservation and fishes where they want, how they want, when they want. Build the biggest damn navy in the world, get a bunch of long range bombers and blow their fishermen out of the water. What would you suggest?

I do agree the Oceans need to be looked at. But you are citing the wrong thig here.

Also, the clean air act will do more to stop toxic pollutants in our air than anything under Kyoto.

I was being facetious my friend.

Although we don't agree on much, I must say... I like you as a poster. I'd love to go to Japan, the culture and cuisine seem to be quite interesting.

I lived there for many years. Often Japanese won't tell you what you've eaten until after you have eaten it.

On one occasion it was: "You just ate horse!" Ack!

I've had many Conservative, NDP and Liberal friends over the years. Manitoba has every single political party except represented the Bloq so you really get to know different political views.

I have no problems with you as a poster. I know that certain point of views differ.

I know one thing though and that the catch in the Atlantic is down in a variety of species. The size is down. Canada and the provinces have done quite a bit but it is hard to see if there has been any recovery. Canada may have to go beyond the 200 mile economic zone to enforce conservation.

I was being facetious my friend.

oops.

my mistake.

I've had many Conservative, NDP and Liberal friends over the years. Manitoba has every single political party except represented the Bloq so you really get to know different political views.

No doubt, pretty well every party has a representative from Winnipeg.

The story is just not as interesting if it doesn't involve Stephen Harper creating a seedy Fish Motel to promote fish "love."

I'm waiting for the fish on steroids story.

Don't worry genetic altering will solve everything.

Fish cross-bred with Liberals, we'll have a schools of fish running in circles.

Now its Harper's fault that years of llegal fishing and bottom-trawling in deep waters are depleting the stocks- what's next, blame Harper cos your socks are dirty.