How Old Are You?

Remiel

His use of English is not bad, since English is only a minor language in Canada, from what I understand from my trip to the Conservative convention in 2005.

Reminds me of the time I went to New York. Seemed like everyone I met was Jewish lawyer. Bizarre, don't you think?

How much in the way of English signage do you think I saw in Montreal outside the airport?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my year of birth right in my screen name, but I have a feeling no one cares.

I don't trust anyone born after the beatles disbanded....... :ph34r:

Yah! Beatles Rock! I'm 19, but I wish I was 60, so I could have grown up in the 60's and witness all that amazing 60's stuff, like Beatles, Hippy's, free love...I thought I could find the 60's at a Bob Dylan concert I was at last week, but the world even modernized him! Modern times are depressing...I envy you :mellow:

19 years old. I've always been interested in politics, first volunteered for a political campaign when I was 13.

Hmm... child labour in campaigns. Did you work for Volpe?

No, Alberta Progressive Conservatives going door to door. It was great, first year I was interested in politics too, got to meet Ralph Klein due to my involvement.

I remember the start of the 2nd world war. I remember what it was like to have no health care. I remeber no hospitals except private ones. I remember taking years to pay off doctors bills and doing without other things.

I remember working for $25 a week and a good suit cost $30.

I remember good communities where people cared about others.

I put my year of birth right in my screen name, but I have a feeling no one cares.

Yah! Beatles Rock! I'm 19, but I wish I was 60, so I could have grown up in the 60's and witness all that amazing 60's stuff, like Beatles, Hippy's, free love...I thought I could find the 60's at a Bob Dylan concert I was at last week, but the world even modernized him! Modern times are depressing...I envy you :mellow:

Frankie - I remember watching a "Hard Days Night" at a drive in movie with my girlfriends, screaming our heads off in the car.

I remember having a great big poster of Paul McCartney on my bedroom wall.

I remember getting the Beatles Twist & Shout album for my 17th birthday.

I remember, I remember. Oh those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end! La La La La...

Now you do the math!

I'm 15.

a 15 year old? i'm not the youngest?! a small part of me just died inside... i think i'm going to cry.

just joking, a young one! yay! one day you'll be better then all of us if you keep learning! and disagree with us it's healthy, disagree with that! well that was fun, and... whats the point of this conversation? i'm 17 but i feel 3, or 50, or 9... i acualy don't know my age, mentally at least. mabye you all could tell me how old i am!! how fun! slow children at play, pick your number and i'll role the dice! bet your years and earn more! if you bet right your really old! if not your to right, and so you'll lose 2years in a week! place your bids!

Frankie - I remember watching a "Hard Days Night" at a drive in movie with my girlfriends, screaming our heads off in the car.

I remember having a great big poster of Paul McCartney on my bedroom wall.

I remember getting the Beatles Twist & Shout album for my 17th birthday.

I remember, I remember. Oh those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end! La La La La...

Now you do the math!

There are places you remember..... I'm sure you know how the rest of that goes ;)

I was never good in Math, but I'll give it a shot...If you were talking about the original Twist And Shout album released in Canada, you should be turning 60 sometime after this upcoming January. But for now your 59 years young.

There are places you remember..... I'm sure you know how the rest of that goes ;)

I was never good in Math, but I'll give it a shot...If you were talking about the original Twist And Shout album released in Canada, you should be turning 60 sometime after this upcoming January. But for now your 59 years young.

Song goes (link):

There are places I remember

All my life though some have changed

Some forever not for better

Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments

With lovers and friends I still can recall

Some are dead and some are living

In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers

There is no one compares with you

And these memories lose their meaning

When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection

For people and things that went before

I know I'll often stop and think about them

In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection

For people and things that went before

I know I'll often stop and think about them

Beatles are highly over-rated. Musical genius my butt. Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak.......this is music.

i would tend to agree, but music has grown and evolved, im into the new musics of rock, metal, techno, new age, piano, celtic, and hell, i like some hip-hop too! but my fav. of beethoven was Moonlight Sonata, very epic, even sad, but most of all it tells a diffrent play to every listener. but if you want crazy go for: nine inch nails, blue october, perfect circle, tool, mudvaine, seether, korn, my chemical romance, and most of all, system of a down, very crazy! almost past insane! then again insanity is the closest point to reality a human can stand, who wants some, i got plenty!!!

(NONE FOR YOU!!)

I love classical music and spend many hours listening to Dvorak, Beethoven and Mozart. But you can't underestimate the genius of the Beatles just because it's rock & roll. Or Queen, or Supertramp, or Abba or many, many others who were so incredibly talented.

I love classical music and spend many hours listening to Dvorak, Beethoven and Mozart. But you can't underestimate the genius of the Beatles just because it's rock & roll. Or Queen, or Supertramp, or Abba or many, many others who were so incredibly talented.
46,argh just saying that makes me feel old. :( I do not feel my age,yet, i still feel about 10 years younger and that's where i going to stay ;)

No I dont dislike the Beatles because they are rock and roll. I think there are some really really talented rock musicians out there. Queen was a pretty good example, Supertramp as well, Rush. I like the Beatles too, I just think they are quite overrated as musical geniuses.