Did the Pope Slander Islam?

daddyhominum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean this one?

"I will inspire terror in the hearts of the unbelievers; you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them."

-Koran 8:2

No I mean those who actually did blow up entire cities. They (BinLadens) still have a long way to go to catch up though.

It's gotta be this then! Bin Laden's been said to spout off verses from the Koran.

"The “Kharijis”, who had no comprehension whatsoever of the essence of Islam or of the virtues and the values of the Qur’an, waged war against all other Muslims and based this war on a few Qur’anic verses about which they made distorted interpretations. Furthermore, they carried out “acts of terrorism”. Ali, who was one of the closest companions of the Prophet and was described as the “gate of the city of knowledge”, was assassinated by a Kharijite.

In latter periods, “Hashashis”, another brutal organisation, emerged; this was a “terrorist organisation” made up of ignorant and fanatical militants bereft of a profound understanding of the essence of Islam and thus who could be readily influenced by simple slogans and promises.

The Actual Source of Terrorism: The Third World Fanaticism

These examples from history are enlightening for a better understanding of the phenomenon, the so-called “Islamic terror”, which is nowadays on the top of the international agenda. That is because those who emerge and carry out acts of terrorism in the name of Islam or those who back such acts –these people, no doubt, represent a minority in the world of Islam- stem from this “character peculiar to Bedouins”, not from Islam. Failing to understand the essence of Islam, they try to make Islam, essentially a religion of peace and justice, a tool of barbarism, which is simply an outcome of their social and cultural structure. The origin of this barbarism, which may well be called the “Third World Fanaticism”, is the benighted initiatives of people who are devoid of love for humans."

http://www.yementimes.com/article.shtml?i=...culture&a=1

You mean this one?

"I will inspire terror in the hearts of the unbelievers; you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them."

-Koran 8:2

No I mean those who actually did blow up entire cities. They (BinLadens) still have a long way to go to catch up though.

"In latter periods, “Hashashis”, another brutal organisation, emerged; this was a “terrorist organisation” made up of ignorant and fanatical militants bereft of a profound understanding of the essence of Islam and thus who could be readily influenced by simple slogans and promises."

http://www.yementimes.com/article.shtml?i=...culture&a=1

Suicide bombers are said to be motivated by promises!

Promises such as....the 70 virgins awaiting in the afterlife. :D

Sheez, I thought it was 72 virgins...do the females get that too ?

The Pope said nothing he need apologize for, unless he should apologize for suggesting there be a reasoned dialogue between faiths. To paraphrase Michael Coren:

I'm waiting for an apology for the firebombing of churches after the speech; for threats against the Pope's life (and others) e.g. Hassan Malin who urged Muslims to "hunt down" Benedict and kill him "on the spot."

I would like to see an apology for Islamist attacks on priests in Turkey and the the murder of a priest.

I would like to see an apology for the Indonesian schoolgirls who were beheaded

I would like to see an apology for the aggresive and Muslim expansionism many years ago similar to Pope Paul when he apologized for the 'Crusades'.

Apologize for the sermons in some mosques that compare Jews to monkeys and pigs and call for the Jewish people to be slaughtered.

Apologize for those Muslim countries that make television dramas claiming Jews kill gentile babies so as to drink their blood.

Apologize for the murder of three of the translators of Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses, for the murder of Dutch film director Theo Van Gogh and for the murder of Daniel Pearl.

Sheez, I thought it was 72 virgins...do the females get that too ?

It's 72? I wasn't sure how many...hope they don't run out of them! :D

Anyway back to the Pope...he only QUOTED a historical event...........a quote which now seems to be supported by the article I just linked above.

The Pope's quote referred to being "inhuman"......

and the Yemen article said:

"The origin of this barbarism, which may well be called the “Third World Fanaticism”, is the benighted initiatives of people who are devoid of love for humans."