Never Forget

cybercoma

I do not consider Argus to be a racist. I think he's telling it like it is, more bluntly than you like. The truth hurts.

Oh, come on. It's true that he used to be funny with his racism, but these days he seems to be phoning it in. Or copying and pasting. His heart isn't in it anymore. The eating people comment was just silly.

But really, I think if a civilization has been conquered, that doesn't necessarily reflect badly on them. There is no people who have failed or been conquered more than the Jews, and I wouldn't hold it against them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing racist about it. You fling that word around all the time because of your astounding ignorance and inability to discuss anything or even THINK about anything in a coherent, logical fashion. The natives are a conquered people, and they amounted to nothing. They never even developed the wheel. While Europeans were sailing the seven seas they were still sitting in their own muck cowering from the eclipses. Sorry if the truth hurts.

I don't know how old you are Argus, but in my day manners, tact and respect counted for something. And what does your rant have to do with respecting the victims of 911?

Nothing racist about it. You fling that word around all the time because of your astounding ignorance and inability to discuss anything or even THINK about anything in a coherent, logical fashion. The natives are a conquered people, and they amounted to nothing. They never even developed the wheel. While Europeans were sailing the seven seas they were still sitting in their own muck cowering from the eclipses. Sorry if the truth hurts.

I don't know how old you are Argus, but in my day manners, tact and respect counted for something. And what does your rant have to do with respecting the victims of 911?

I find it hard to fault Argus for how this thread played out, blame that "thing" whose name I cannot pronounce.(Not that I would want to anyway). I think that "thing" needs to be shot with a ball of it's own shit.

It started as a thread reminding us of the horrible things of 5 years ago, but as always, the ignorant left, changed it to blame it on the capitalists among us! Whoever brainwashed these idiots has been effective, because there seems to be support for such stupidity as I have seen in this thread.

Hey Newb,

You have issues with people who prefer to tell the truth? Ah right, you vote Liberal, forget I asked.

I like what Argus said & do not find it racist, but truthful. Some people need to be told the truth, maybe they would become more useful in society if they weren't protected by the brainwashed lefties!!

It is truly humbling to read those names and see all the families affected by an act of terrorism. It makes me support what our troops are doing in the middle east so much more. If more people here took the time to see how families were ripped apart, maybe they would have more respect for what our armed forces are trying to do over there?

. . . .

besides the issue of racist bias in who you want to participate in these threads, or rather who you dont you never answered the question: A question that any self reflecting human being would ask. It would be expected in a university and it would be expected to be debated. Afterall, it was the twin towers that were targeted. Now why do you THINK that was? The question asked by Tsi was extremely pertinent and to the point. However:

You simply dont like it that a "native" asked it. You dont like it when they are smarter than you - do you. SO

What about all the victims of poverty that have died due to US imposed corporations?

Why are they not remembered and listed?

Look at how soldiers are treated as pensioners for a start. Is that respect? At most they might get a tin medal that cost less than $1.00 to make in some swet shop in Taiwan.

Look at how the soldiers were treated in the Vietnam war. They were experimented upon with drugs/steroids etc to 'improve' there combative techniques!!

They were treated like rats and rabbits that are experimented upon for the use of makeup and you talk of respect!!

Your sort can be bought so easily - two a penny - look at your minimum wage for a clue :lol::lol::lol:

It is truly humbling to read those names and see all the families affected by an act of terrorism. It makes me support what our troops are doing in the middle east so much more. If more people here took the time to see how families were ripped apart, maybe they would have more respect for what our armed forces are trying to do over there?

Why would I appreciate creating new terrorists and having more families ripped apart? It's a tragedy that those 3000 innocent people died on 9/11; so too is the hundred thousand or so who have died as a result of warmongers on both sides taking advantage of that day.

Why would I appreciate creating new terrorists and having more families ripped apart? It's a tragedy that those 3000 innocent people died on 9/11; so too is the hundred thousand or so who have died as a result of warmongers on both sides taking advantage of that day.

And what would your learned response to that day have been? Get everyone together in a circle of friends to hold hands and think about the unity of man?

I do not consider Argus to be a racist. I think he's telling it like it is, more bluntly than you like. The truth hurts.

Oh, come on. It's true that he used to be funny with his racism, but these days he seems to be phoning it in. Or copying and pasting. His heart isn't in it anymore. The eating people comment was just silly.

But really, I think if a civilization has been conquered, that doesn't necessarily reflect badly on them. There is no people who have failed or been conquered more than the Jews, and I wouldn't hold it against them.

At least the Jews have developed a civilization unlike the ancient one you refer to as a civilization.

Argus is see seen as a racist by mostly twisted vengeful Canadian minorities whose self-righteous hate for the White perpetually dominates the space normally reserved for the brain.

On the contrary, Europeans kill - Europeans are a violent race. Their cemeteries are full of war dead. Napoleon, Hitler, Kitchener, Stalin, Churchill. Murderers.

No question about it, 1000 years of war leading up to 1945. But I wouldn't put Churchill in that group. That was defensive.

That would depend if you only thought of Churchill as a WWII leader....He had a long history before WWII....he was for instance, a leading instigator in the west's interference in the Russia revolution.

Why? The Mohawk, in particular, are rather noted for ritual cannibalism. The fact people are too polite to mention such things doesn't render it racist to do so.

But really, I think if a civilization has been conquered, that doesn't necessarily reflect badly on them.

Well, in life there are winners and there are losers. They were losers. I suppose in your odd little notions of equality they are the same, but reality is somewhat different.

There is no people who have failed or been conquered more than the Jews, and I wouldn't hold it against them.

Probably some of your best friends are Jews, eh?

And what would your learned response to that day have been? Get everyone together in a circle of friends to hold hands and think about the unity of man?
Not using 9/11 as an excuse to invade countries that had absolutely nothing to do with the attacks would have been a good start....

Ah yes, borders are sacred - SACRED! An idea developed by lawyers. And with as much substance.

I don't regard any nation whose people are ruled against their will by armed force as being legitimately governed, and so I don't regard any such borders as having any moral effect.

Manners, tact and respect are not owed to those who have none for others. They get the back of my hand, figuritively speaking. And as much as the truth might be offensive it's still the truth.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

It's funny when you think about doing it with guys who believe that putting a bullet into a girl's head because she was seen walking with a boy unchaperoned is honourable.

"Hi! I just murdered three thousand people! Give me a hug and maybe I won't do it again!"

She:kon!

It conflicts with people like Argus' violent thinking and since they are opposite concepts it must be unbelievable.

Funny how the questioning of their myths leads to all kinds of violent and argumentative replies.....eh?

O:nen

Oh if only we could learn from the peaceful natives! Why native tribes lived together in brotherhood and sharing, where violence was unknown and peace everlasting!

Well, you know, except for when they were caving each others' heads in with clubs and eating each other's hearts. But that doesn't really count, right?

Only a fool or a psychopath would agree that reacting exactly how the 9/11 terrorists wanted the west to react is the only reasonable course of action. They obviously expected a response from the west, and they couldn't have dreamed of a better reaction than the invasion of Iraq. To them, those 3000 deaths were worth it just by what has resulted in the last five years. And you foolishly play along, thinking you're the clever one.

Only a fool or a psychopath would agree that reacting exactly how the 9/11 terrorists wanted the west to react is the only reasonable course of action.

They wanted the West to go into Afghanistan and tear down all their bases, thus forcing them into caves? I don't think that was really the plan.

They obviously expected a response from the west, and they couldn't have dreamed of a better reaction than the invasion of Iraq. To them, those 3000 deaths were worth it just by what has resulted in the last five years. And you foolishly play along, thinking you're the clever one.

I supported the attack on Iraq not because of Al Quaeda, and I defy you to find a single post of mine which says I did. I supported the attack to relieve the people of an evil dictator, and because I felt that Iraq, if it could be moderately westernized, moderately democratized, would present an appealing alternative to young, hopeless Arab men who think the only alternative to their present vicious, brutal governments are Islam and a brutal theocracy. I think that could have worked and could still work. We already saw some eaffect in the early going, where Lebanese protested that if Iraqis could vote then so could they. But as always, the weak-kneed are trying to force a premature conclusion to a long-term project.

And yes, I believe the US carried out the plan poorly, that Rumsfeld is a moron, that the US needed more troops, both then and now. I'm astonished they didn't have a plan for taking over, but just winged it. I'm amazed they didn't count on neighbouring dictatorships like Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia, all of whom would be directly threatened by a moderately democratic and successful Iraq, to do their level best to sabotage things, to allow all manner of terrorists and religious adventurers to pour across their borders, and to help fund and support the attacks against the Americans.

. . . .

besides the issue of racist bias in who you want to participate in these threads, or rather who you dont you never answered the question: A question that any self reflecting human being would ask. It would be expected in a university and it would be expected to be debated. Afterall, it was the twin towers that were targeted. Now why do you THINK that was? The question asked by Tsi was extremely pertinent and to the point. However:

You simply dont like it that a "native" asked it. You dont like it when they are smarter than you - do you. SO

You know you're losing an argument when you start flailing away with the name calling.

What about all the victims of poverty that have died due to US imposed corporations?

Why are they not remembered and listed?

Corporations are chartered under the authority of one of the fifthy states, or a foreign entity. The US government doesn't "impose" corporations. Corporations are fictitious legal entities created, usually, to operate a business. Most often, the corporate book resides on a shelf at a lawyer's office. Corporations normally don't make themselves into flesh and blood people and impose poverty and death on others. Unless you believe everything Numb Chimpsky writes.

As praiseworthy as it is, the Taliban and Saddam Hussein mock it. They understand one thing; death. As an Al Quaeda tape message left behind for the Spanish train attack said: "You love life, we love death". I say give them what they want; in spades.

Dear Argus,

And yes, I believe the US carried out the plan poorly, that Rumsfeld is a moron, that the US needed more troops, both then and now. I'm astonished they didn't have a plan for taking over, but just winged it. I'm amazed they didn't count on neighbouring dictatorships like Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia, all of whom would be directly threatened by a moderately democratic and successful Iraq, to do their level best to sabotage things, to allow all manner of terrorists and religious adventurers to pour across their borders, and to help fund and support the attacks against the Americans.
Well said. I have a similar reason for not wanting Canadian troops in Afghanistan. Lack of foresight is a killer. The Canadian troops would do more for the country by becoming the gov't than believing that they are ready to have 'freedom and democracy' tomorrow.

If you are going to rule with an unpopular gov't, you'd better make make sure it's well armed.

Corporations are chartered under the authority of one of the fifthy states, or a foreign entity. The US government doesn't "impose" corporations. Corporations are fictitious legal entities created, usually, to operate a business. Most often, the corporate book resides on a shelf at a lawyer's office. Corporations normally don't make themselves into flesh and blood people and impose poverty and death on others. Unless you believe everything Numb Chimpsky writes.

I believe he meant imposing the will of corporate bodies allied with the US government and/or military and in this context it is rather a factual statement.