I just joined this forum to get a Canadian view on the "North Ame

First of all, I chose my "username" off the top of my head. Now I'm thinking maybe that wasn't such a good idea. :unsure: I see that there is some discussion going on here regarding the SPP and North American Union plans that are taking shape...with or without the knowledge and/or consent of both of our governmental bodies. There is a growing groundswell of opposition to this in America...as people are slowly waking up to the realization that this is actually going to happen. I got the link to this particular site from one such individual.

As I browsed through some of your topics and posts, it is sort of the same theme I see on our boards here in the US...some see this as a good thing, while others are very afraid for our sovereignty. I have read both pros and cons on your board here regarding the US military force in the world. Think how you would feel if you had a husband, father, brother, or son who had given their lives for the defence of the "American way of life", only to realize it was all for nothing...that soon there will be no United States of America. Thank God I am not one of those, but I can only imagine how incensed I would be.

I also have read, with interest, that when this discussion is happening here, it is mostly (not always) regarding the union of Canada and the US...only a few even mention Mexico. This is where we differ. I suppose it is because you are so unaffected by what is happening in the United States. That is even how I found out about SPP, etc., was from internet discussion boards stemming from my outrage at the illegal immigration situation. Our country (middle class) is being destroyed. Plain and simple. I don't blame the illegals...it is much easier to come to a country that is "fixed and working" than to stay there and try to "fix" their own. At least that is what I think. I blame our government. Not just Bush. The Democrats have sold out to corporate interests as well. There is not an inch of difference between the 2 parties, for the most part. The upcoming election will be a HUGE marker in US history. We will see if we have a democracy or if we have just been deluding ourselves, because there is a THUNDEROUS OUTCRY in our nation to which our elected officals have turned a deaf ear.

But I digress. That is our problem, not yours...at least, not yet. What I really wanted to know is if Canadians see the NAU as a REAL occurence...happening faster than you realize...or if you think it's all a conspiracy theory of some sort. And if you do see it happening, are you for or against it? If anybody wants, I would be happy to supply the links I have come across, as I have been researching for months now.

I have read posts on this forum where some people say, "I don't hate Americans...just Bush and his cronies". Believe me, I can understand THAT! But even if you don't hate us as neighbors, are you willing to have us as "bedfellows". And not only us, don't forget... it is the North American Union. Canada and the US are only a part of that entity.

Thank you for your time. I would appreciate all your HONEST responses, no matter how bitingly honest they may be.

I think there are some things about the Canadian/U.S. relationship that should be maintained.

One of them is the free and easy access we have to one another's country. We are each other's largest trading partners and have the oldest, longest undefended border in the world.

Canada and the U.S. need to work on maintaining each other's continental security. This doesn't necessarily mean integrating all policies on laws, immigration and defence. But it does mean keeping contact on security matters in relation to terrorism and crime.

There are other areas but that should suffice for a start.

First of all, I chose my "username" off the top of my head.
Hmm....

Why start a new thread???

I wondered if I would get this reaction after I did so...

Please forgive me for my arrogrance. Is that how you feel I was acting by starting a new thread? I guess I am not starting off on the right foot.

First of all, I chose my "username" off the top of my head.
Hmm....

Why start a new thread???

I wondered if I would get this reaction after I did so...

Please forgive me for my arrogrance. Is that how you feel I was acting by starting a new thread? I guess I am not starting off on the right foot.

I don't have any opinion on a new forum but it certainly seems resonable for Canadians and Americans to be learning about each other instead of trading insults. I, like you, want to keep my country as it is. But I can understand Europe doing what they did because of the size of some of their countries.

Good to hear from you.

I am concerned about the economic power that the European Communtiy has. Also, China will become the world's largest economy. Both of those will eclipse North America and unless we do something, the playing field will indeed become unlevel.

Will they actually eclipse the North American economy? I don't what the stats on that are.

I am more worried about rising U.S. debt levels being a problem.

I am concerned about the economic power that the European Communtiy has. Also, China will become the world's largest economy. Both of those will eclipse North America and unless we do something, the playing field will indeed become unlevel.
Unlevel is a curious word. The late 20th century was a aberration in human history where one country had overwhelming dominance over the world. The 21th century will return to the world where there are many competing and equal powers. The US can do nothing to stop this trend.

I don't have any opinion on a new forum but it certainly seems resonable for Canadians and Americans to be learning about each other instead of trading insults. I, like you, want to keep my country as it is. But I can understand Europe doing what they did because of the size of some of their countries.

Good to hear from you.

Thank you! I wonder what you think about this: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...605240307/1008

Do you see this as a bad thing? A lot of people on several US forums see this as an outrage. It may seem like a small thing, but several small things can add up to big ones. A penny is not worth much, but 100 pennies does turn into one dollar (which isn't worth too much, either, come to think of it... :huh: )

Or what about this one: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16283

If I may, here is a quote taken from a forum regarding this article, written by Steve Osborn. I agree with it.

There are at least two major Globalist or New World Order benefits to the illegal immigration problem that I see. First, with the amounts of money the states are spending on the problems associated with illegal immigrants, they could be forced to seek assistance from the world banking community to rescue them. This has the further weakening of individual states’ sovereignty written all over it. Unfortunately, by the time we see/realize this en masse, it will be quite late in the process.

Secondly, the Globalists desperately want us to have a national ID card. As we are faced with masses of illegal immigrants voting in our elections, a national ID card begins to make sense to us out of desperation.

Writers on both the left and the right have tried to warn us of these groups working for the Globalist agendas, Phyllis Schlafly (quoted in the thread) having done so for many years (I have her 1964 book, A Choice Not an Echo).

If we decided as a nation to pursue the Globalist agenda, I would think how sad that would be, but at least we’d have a say in how far was to be our support. As it stands now, I think most of us would stand aghast if we knew the true agendas and goals these elitists have for the world (supported in large measure by our tax-dollars). There are undesired consequences for us regardless if you consider yourself on the left or right side of the political spectrum, and this could truly be a politically uniting issue on the side of freedom and liberty if we’d just wake up to what is happening.

And just in case my reporter friend is snooping, it is not conspiracy theory. The information is out there for anyone to find that wants to take the time to research it, even if only a little to become better informed. If there is a conspiracy, “We the People” are part of it because of our lack of action.

Unlevel is a curious word. The late 20th century was a aberration in human history where one country had overwhelming dominance over the world. The 21th century will return to the world where there are many competing and equal powers. The US can do nothing to stop this trend.

The US does not want to stop this trend. It encourages it in the full knowledge that it has set the trading restrictions in the first place to be its winning benefactor.

You say "the 21st century will return to the world where there are many competing and equal powers . . .''

competing implies winners and losers. You cannot 'compete' when all end up in equal place :blink:

I wouldn't really say an abhoration in history. The 19th century also had a prevelent power:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Britannica

I wouldn't really say an abhoration in history. The 19th century also had a prevelent power:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Britannica

Britain didn't have to surrender the leadership. The US, G-d willing, won't.

Hello US Citizen! Welcome to our little forum, your input is valued here. To answer you original question from my perspective North American Union is a no brainer. I advocate a superstate to preserve and protect what we already have. Actually I would prefer just Canada and the United States but can see the value of including Mexico into the deal. My greatest concern is that the milkitary industrial complex and corporate governance are effectively destroying our freedom and liberty. In my country we have become a nanny state where an over the top welfare society has run amok which has caused our national debt . In yours the defense industry is a huge employer and is the cause of your national debt.

I am sure the citizens of both countries can see the reality if merely pointed in the right direction, which is why I would like to see some sort of grounded grass roots movement toward a direct democracy which could truely empower the people and actually set a precendent in human history that makes the Swiss example look like a mere political exercise.