Nazi Germany vs. Israel

Which military is stronger and why???

Dony worry, I think I understand your question.

I think it would be a draw. They use the same tactics and propaganda. It seems as though Israeles hold the same chip on their shoulder as the Germans did back then; that is, they are deserving by their birthright to do whatever they want and everyone around them can join "the party" or f' off.

Dear geoffrey,

Try as I might, the only question what might be applied might be "Too little, for too much, too soon'? (that is a lot of 'o's) However, in most every regard, they are not reallly comparable. Let's see Israel take on the UK (and all it's traditional colonies allies), the US and Russia. (Perhaps add in some 50-100 countries, who declared sides against the Axis powers)

The Jews have displayed a far more 'honourable code of conduct' before and during WWII that they have displayed since then to the present.

The Germans were an absolute military goliath. Israel spends no more than Canada.

Ha. The Germans WERE a military goliath. Most advanced tanks in the world at the time - most advanced tactics. Highly coordinated lighting strikes with airstrikes followed by a ground blitz.

However, you are completely wrong in your second assertion. Israel has the fourth most powerful military in the world, placing it behind the United States, Russia and China. It also has nuclear weapons. Canada, by comparaison, is somewhere in the 100's.

Edit: Poor troll bait title, btw.

Dear geoffrey,

However, you are completely wrong in your second assertion. Israel has the fourth most powerful military in the world, placing it behind the United States, Russia and China. It also has nuclear weapons. Canada, by comparaison, is somewhere in the 100's.
Seems you actually are right, both Canada and Israel spend aroung 9-10 billion/yr on the military. However, that represents 1.1% of the GDP for Canada, while it is 7.7% for Israel, whom are certainly not '4th'.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904504.html

The sate of affairs as it is right now, I can see Israel making the same fatal mistake the Germans did....Pissing way too many people off way too fast.

I don't agree with the Israeli invasion in any way....but it just seems to me that they are going about this totally wrong. I think this whole middle east thing could be settled with a massive pay per view Risk tournament.

MANDATORY 3 DRINK MINIMUM

Dear Moron-X,

I can see Israel making the same fatal mistake the Germans did....Pissing way too many people off way too fast.
So the secret is to piss them off slowly? While whispering 'sweet nothings' in their ear?
I think this whole middle east thing could be settled with a massive pay per view Risk tournament.
I personally could kick anyone's ass in any military strategy game....
MANDATORY 3 DRINK MINIMUM
and this is my personal daily motto....

Which military is stronger and why???

Dony worry, I think I understand your question.

I think it would be a draw. They use the same tactics and propaganda.

You have any evidence of this? Anything? Compared how the Germans attacked towns and how the Israelis attack towns? Compared casualty counts? Propaganda? Do the Israelis put out posters of evil Arabs slavering over blonde girls too?

It seems as though Israeles hold the same chip on their shoulder as the Germans did back then;
Horse shit. The Germans wanted to conquer the world. The Israelis merely want people to stop firing missiles into their cities.

The Germans were an absolute military goliath. Israel spends no more than Canada.

Ha. The Germans WERE a military goliath. Most advanced tanks in the world at the time - most advanced tactics. Highly coordinated lighting strikes with airstrikes followed by a ground blitz.

However, you are completely wrong in your second assertion. Israel has the fourth most powerful military in the world, placing it behind the United States, Russia and China

No it doesn't.

However, you are completely wrong in your second assertion. Israel has the fourth most powerful military in the world, placing it behind the United States, Russia and China

No it doesn't.

As usual, no facts to back up your blather, Argus. To put this matter to rest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...rael/index.html

From the quoted sources:

In 1996, the military budget reached 10.6% of GDP and represented about 21.5% of the total 1996 budget.

Other than your childish 'No, it doesn't' - do you have any cites to back up your ridiculous position? As usual, the answer is no.

No it doesn't.

As usual, no facts to back up your blather, Argus. To put this matter to rest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...rael/index.html

From the quoted sources:

In 1996, the military budget reached 10.6% of GDP and represented about 21.5% of the total 1996 budget.

Other than your childish 'No, it doesn't' - do you have any cites to back up your ridiculous position? As usual, the answer is no.

You want quoted sources that DON 'T say Israel is the fourth most powerful military in the world?? We've been over this before. Your cites DO NOT say what you seem to think they say. You have ZERO evidence to support you, and no one here believes this nonsense. The IDF is only about 160k strong, which is a fraction of the size of many other world militaries. North Korea, for example, has 1.1 million with 4.7 million reservists. India has 1.3 million with 3 million reserves and paramilitary, South Korea has 700k with 4.5 million reservists. That's without even getting into western militaries.

I'm not sure about the credibility of these sources since I've never heard of them before, but maybe this can help:

In an Op-Ed yesterday, Ha'aretz's Nehemia Shtrasler erroneously refers to

the IDF as "the world's fifth largest" army ("The two civilians snapped to

attention"). The Israeli army is not even the fifth largest in the Middle

East, never mind the world. Egypt, Syria, Iran, Morocco and Turkey all have

larger armies than Israel's (Anthony H. Cordesman, "The Military Balance in

the Middle East, p. 11). And the armies of China, the United States, India,

Russia, North Korea, South Korea, Pakistan, Vietnam, France and Germany are

all larger than Israel's

link

Error (International Herald Tribune, Saeb Erekat, Op-Ed, 11/26/05): Israel is a nuclear power boasting the fifth-largest military in the world. . . .

Correction (1/3/06): An opinion article on Nov. 26 about the opening of the Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt referred to the Israeli military as "the fifth largest military in the world." While there are various ways to measure military strength, in terms of manpower alone and counting both active service members and reservists, Israel's miltary ranks 18th globally, according to data in the latest edition of "The Military Balance," a reference by the International Institute for Strategic Studies.

link

This topic is both sick and irrelevant. Israel is fighting for survival while surrounded by millions of people that follow leaders that say that they will destroy it.

Germany invaded her neighbours. Unprovoked. Israle will do what is has to simply to survive. Don't forget who started this last war.