Why is Toronto such a mean city?

Trolls don't bother answering.

http://ocap.ca/police/calloff

We need more money for Communities NOT for Police

March and Demonstration at the Police Services Board

On Prisoners Justice Day- Thursday August 10, 2006

12noon

All Saints Church (corner of Sherbourne and Dundas)

Lunch will be Served

Across the City of Toronto poor communities are feeling the full weight of the Toronto Police. They have gunned down Jeffrey Reodica, they have launched para-millitary assaults in the North End of the City, they have kicked in the windows of Alexandra Park, they have brutally assaulted people in east-end parks and all the while the Mayor of our City has given them a pat on the back.

60 Richmond drop-in has been shutdown, community programs have been cut, City bureaucrats are cutting families off welfare and we hear that there is no new money for housing.

David Miller sitting in the mayors chair and on the Police Services Board is the person ultimately responsible for the brutality carried out and for the cuts slammed down peoples throats. August 10 is Prisoners Justice Day and we say: Call off your dogs and put the money where it's needed.

Housing not jails and services not cops.

For More information or to get involved in the Campaign Contact OCAP.

What I learned since moving to Toronto from the burbs.

1) People in the suburbs are completely fĂșcking naive about how life works.

2) The canadian government is a cruel and sadistic force. liberal, conservative, they're both fuckwits who have no fucking clue what they're doing.

3) canada's corporate culture is based on relativism. I.E. "What's the us doing", and so is the government. Even if the government has the money to implement good programs, they WONT. Why? because mike the kike bloomberg (it's ok I'm jewish), is being a despotic nazi criminal who should be shot, so we have to be like that too.

4) The shelter system in Toronto is packed to the brim. In my experience, the first night arriving to any given shelter, you will be given a shitty bed that somebody else switched from (I.E near the lights, high traffic area, problem with the bed)

5) Incidentally, the same thing happened to me in a different institution which was sadistic whereas I was stuck with an apneatic snorer. I'd rather not talk about this experience.

6) sadistically fucked up cruel minissotians and detroitniks are very glad to come here to work as government oppression forces. A large chunk of the toronto doughnut depleters are these and the majority of prison personnel are from the states. Apparently they needed 100 years of american oppression in a very short time here.

...I'll add to the list.

I've been to almost every shelter in Toronto. I've been turned away by a few because they were full. The youth shelters are mainly 50%-80% black youth who are hostile and aggressive and ruin it for everyone else including Africans. Youth shelter staff are idiots. Youth shelters aren't working.

If anyone has ever heard of Seaton house or Satan House. There are several shelters run officially by the slobberment of hungtario. Seaton house is one of the prized products of the "Ministry of Community and Social Services."

Ok apparently sandra puppatello may her dirty italian soul rot in a thousand piles of dogshit, thought that keeping people like me off welfare which if you would look at my previous posts (Check for dribgnikcom, mockingbird.... I was banned several times for voicing a very taboo opinion) is cheaper than the hostel system ($536/month thank you very much mcguinty you intelligent irishman for your $11 increase vs $2100 a month which is assuming a night's stay at a hostel is $70 - the average between $60-$80 which is what it costs. And you might be thinking that these are official government quotes so it actually cost them a lot less but they just anounce an inflated price like everything else. No. I know for sure that shelters which are not owned by the slobberment - which are the majority DEMAND this money and receive it as they'd close without it.

Now counting the nights I've not slept outside, I've stayed in shelters for at least 5 months if not more. Total cost to the government:

$10,500

What I cost the government when I was on welfare for around 9 months in the year 2004 until my house burnt down due to living with wicked idiots:

Community startup: Requested full amount, got $500. Thanks to the dirty italian whore, community startup is now only granted once every 2 years as oppsed to 1.

Workboots: $50 (Had to provide a receipt for em, got the cheapest pair from payless)

9 months of meager allowance: $525 x 9 = $4725

Total 9 months on welfare:$5275

Total 9 months in shelters:$19,040

This is the canadian version of....

****drumroll*****

CAPITALISM

Why you ask?

In the shelter system I provide a myriad of jobs to fat white evil canadian bitches. The evil psychologically abusive nazism works workers, the other fat white canadian bitches who are supposed to find people housing in the shelters, the ridiculously bloated ego narcissistic senior-assaulting workers of the christian hostels, and who else not...

Someone on this forum asked in a previous thread about canadian slavery and displacement, and it appears to me that he is an immigrant. Kudos to you my friend. You have observed the "secret" of this country and what they have been doing for the past few decades. Canada systematically DISPLACES its people. Don't feel offended, they do it to their own too. Their are tons of white people in the shelters.

Canada is not a technologically innovative country, and canadians are not smart. But they have stolen land, lots of land. And they have been accepted into an empire. They will be forgotten.

... Sorry about the off topic direction my post has gone. I slept very poorly last night.

Thanks.

The last few weeks my mind has been deeply tied up over the Middle East because I spent years in a peace network trying to build peace between Muslims, Jews and Christians and have watched yet again, terrorists hijack the process.

Now back to Canada and your comments. Clearly you are an angry person lashing out making generalizations and ethnic slurs.

I think I would be right to say you sound like someone who feels they have no power to control their destiny and situation in life. So you externalize your feelings of helplessness and lack of power and look for people to blame.

I can tell you this. We all struggle. There is no difference between you and me although if youw alked by me on the street you probably would only see what you want to see -someone better off then you and who you resent for being better off.

The point is you only see that. Some of us are on the street desperate and broke, others are a fine line away from it and hide it through the massive accumulation of debt.

But here is the crux of it all..your anger...your lashing out...your generalizations....your anger because you think people have what you don't, and you want the same things so feel its unfair...that...that is as much a capitalist attitude held by you as anyone else...your preoccupation as to what others have or what you think they have and your envy of not having it...that is what is killing you and rotting your soul....

You will never change unless you let go of the anger and stop looking to what you think others have, and refocus your attention back to yourself and examine your own self.

You think you have no control? B.S. To have control you must let go of everything and accept nopt being in control. You have to let go of this illusion once and for all that you were in control and then lost your control.

That is b.s.

None of us own anything. None of us are in control of anything. Its an illusion and you Sir have bought into this materialistic illusion worse then all the people you think you hate.

Want to find your way back...its simple...let go....give it all up...try this;

find a place to shower and clean off your dirt, shave....and strip yourself of everything you were carrying, symbolically start again by putting on a different set of clothes and at least showering and shaving-yes that is a start.

Then walk away.

Walk away from where-ever you were and go some place where you have not been. Go into a different community centre and eat something and drink a coffee.

Then walk into a public library and ask someone to show you how to use the internet. Learn to use the internet. You can do it. It is not hard.

Then simply go on the internet and find a job any friggin job and do not worry about what kind of job it is and just do it. Work at anything. Work does not define you. But work at anything simply to prove to yourself you are not any different then anyone who works.

These are all small steps but its part of dumping the anger and starting from scratch. As long as you are angry nothing will change. You may think you are angry at the world but you are simply turning the anger outworld when you really are angry and hate yourself.

You have to forgive yourself and let go of all the anger that you should be something you are not.

You are not intended to be anything other then to be whatever it is you can be at the moment and that means not being fueled by anger, booze, drugs and resentment.

I only say this because I am you...its an illusion to think we are any different you and me.

Good luck and believe in yourself and I believe in you. You have a right to be angry, tired and fed up but its not anything but an anchor you have to dump.

I can only agree with Rue. Society nor the government owes no person their individual peace of mind and happiness.

You really need to get a job to get out of your despair and live a comfortable, and dependant free life.

So if you are in Toronto you can pm me and I will support you in finding even a general opportunity until you can get yourself together and find better opportunities (by yourself) that suit your skills, competencies and abilities.

The offer expires by the end of July as I am going to be too busy with work and school.

There are lots of good folks around here, if you have a direction, you ask the right questions, you get to make those small steps that results in big changes for you.

Total 9 months on welfare:$5275

Total 9 months in shelters:$19,040

You seem surprised that we choose crappy, expensive option A to achieve a goal when better, cheaper option B exists. It's certainly an interesting riddle.

As for the rest of your post, I'll let Argus deal with some of the howlers you've placed here and there.

What are your own personal aspirations for yourself?

I guess you are addressing myself?

(esp. women) I think there is a compromise with the professional and personal lives and striking the right balance to make it work is challenging. What I mean is there is always trade offs and cost burden of what you obviously or implicitly intend to give up in order to get some bits of benefits. So, in general most professional women their personal lives "suck".

Are you able to escape the conditions you live and work under?

It’s a very funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it (William Somerset )

I guess you are addressing myself?

(esp. women) I think there is a compromise with the professional and personal lives and striking the right balance to make it work is challenging. What I mean is there is always trade offs and cost burden of what you obviously or implicitly intend to give up in order to get some bits of benefits. So, in general most professional women their personal lives "suck".

It’s a very funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it (William Somerset )

I was referring to the person who started the thread but thanks for answering. They originally wrote so much that I was curious what they wanted for themselves at the end of this. At some point, people break free to pull themselves out of their condition but only if they have a personal goal. It is part of the trade offs, as you say. You sacrifice personally in hopes of a better life.

This reminds me of the thread I once started on the benefits of slavery. If we could bring back slavery, those people who find it wildly traumatic trying to make their own decisions, and who, like the palestinians, never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, could find productive work with someone making sure they do it, and making all the hard decisions they are incapable of making.

Yes, I know that's a run-on sentence, but what the hell.

Slavery. Come on. Get all the bums off the street, all the useless mouths out of the shelters, and put em to work picking tobacco or something. They could cut weeds, sweep the sidewalks, and such, and the great thing is that no matter how unenthusiastic for work one is, the sting of a whip really tends to focus the scattered brain cells into an organizational structure capable of getting some labour done.

This reminds me of the thread I once started on the benefits of slavery. If we could bring back slavery, those people who find it wildly traumatic trying to make their own decisions, and who, like the palestinians, never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, could find productive work with someone making sure they do it, and making all the hard decisions they are incapable of making.

Yes, I know that's a run-on sentence, but what the hell.

Slavery. Come on. Get all the bums off the street, all the useless mouths out of the shelters, and put em to work picking tobacco or something. They could cut weeds, sweep the sidewalks, and such, and the great thing is that no matter how unenthusiastic for work one is, the sting of a whip really tends to focus the scattered brain cells into an organizational structure capable of getting some labour done.

Why going wussy when you could do what Brazil used to do in 1980s? Kill the street people.

Why is Toronto such a mean city?,Rhetorical question...

Why are hitting yourself over the head with a hammer by living in Toronto?

There are hundreds of places to go to in Canada where you're head won't hurt so much, and your hammer will earn you a decent living.

Yes I hear there are some nice places in say Alberta that blow Toronto away, what with Toronto being the seat of all that is evil.... :rolleyes:

Why are you westerners so jealous? :lol:

(I assume you're a Westerner Canuck) ;)

There are hundreds of places to go to in Canada where you're head won't hurt so much, and your hammer will earn you a decent living.

Yes I hear there are some nice places in say Alberta that blow Toronto away, what with Toronto being the seat of all that is evil.... :rolleyes:

I'm Canadian first,last and forever.

No one said Toronto was evil.

I've lived in Toronto for some time and Toronto is not the centre of the universe or even the center of Canada.

Head in any direction outside of Toronto and you will see Canada as most Canadians live it.

We have a great country with opportunities everywhere.

All one has to do is move on down the road and explore the possibilities. :)

For some the headache disappears when they leave a bad situation.

I'm Canadian first,last and forever.

No one said Toronto was evil.

I've lived in Toronto for some time and Toronto is not the centre of the universe or even the center of Canada. Head in any direction outside of Toronto and you will see Canada as most Canadians live it.

We have a great country with opportunities everywhere.

All one has to do is move on down the road and explore the possibilities. :)

For some the headache disappears when they leave a bad situation.

Oh I agree, but the bolded line above gives you away. I must say I agree with the rest though, especially your first point, I believe most of us think that way.

Shakey, what do we have to be jealous off in Eastern Canada? Just remember we are the richest region in the world... and have the best parkland... and the best beef... and we pay little tax on all of it!!

Muwahaha.... <_<:blink:

I come from Ontario, GTA-ish too. I'd never go back, Calgary has just too much opportunity to ever leave, and it's not even just oil and gas anymore. We're stealing your head offices!!

Shakey, what do we have to be jealous off in Eastern Canada? Just remember we are the richest region in the world... and have the best parkland... and the best beef... and we pay little tax on all of it!!

I come from Ontario, GTA-ish too. I'd never go back, Calgary has just too much opportunity to ever leave, and it's not even just oil and gas anymore. We're stealing your head offices!!

You could use an extra hospital in Calgary though. Letting pregnant women bleed out on the floor is pretty poor.

You could use an extra hospital in Calgary though. Letting pregnant women bleed out on the floor is pretty poor.

Agreed, we're building one now down at my end of the city... takes some time though...

It's actually faster to just go out to Black Diamond or High River and use their hospitals, it's all about the small towns.

The problem with Toronto. They think the rest of Canada is jealous of them. Wrong. The rest of Canada finds their posturing ridiculous. They are not sophisticated, or stylish, they are not well educated in Political or Economics. Toronto is a secular little wasteland that most of Canada ignores.

In 2006 Vancouver was voted the third best city to live in by the international people who do "the poll". I only looked at the top 5 and didnt see Toronto. (not that I recall)

Why are so many people from Toronto moving "out west"? Beautiful nature, oportunities, nicer people, cleaner, more of everything.

Why are to many people staying in Toronto? Beats the hell out of me. Why would they want to?

The problem with Toronto. They think the rest of Canada is jealous of them. Wrong. The rest of Canada finds their posturing ridiculous. They are not sophisticated, or stylish, they are not well educated in Political or Economics. Toronto is a secular little wasteland that most of Canada ignores.

In 2006 Vancouver was voted the third best city to live in by the international people who do "the poll". I only looked at the top 5 and didn't see Toronto. (not that I recall)

Why are so many people from Toronto moving "out west"? Beautiful nature, opportunities, nicer people, cleaner, more of everything.

Why are to many people staying in Toronto? Beats the hell out of me. Why would they want to?

What is this

These are our boosts:

- Toronto is the largest city in Canada

- Financial capital of Canada

- Toronto's economy is 8th in the world with a GDP comparable to other global metropolises

- we have CN tower, tallest free standing building in the world, a modern wonder

- we have Niagara Falls

- we have Yonge Street longest street in the world

- we have little Italy, little India, little Portugal, 3 Chinatowns, Greek town

- we have Church Street

- gay parade

- largest university in Canada found in UofT

- Frederick Banting - 1923 Nobel Prize in Medicine

- John Charles Polanyi - 1986 Nobel Prize in Chemistry

- Glenn Gould - pianist

- we have the best hospital in the world - Sick Kids

- we are the entertainment district, and fashion leaders for Canada

- be gracious, we expect you to leave us 15% gratitude

- NO Smoking

- Toronto is a meeting place for all

Ok that's it plus I live here!!

Toronto is not the fashion capital or the fashion setters for Canada. Most of the rest of Canada think their "fashion" is mundane and plebeian.

In terms of home fashions Linda Reeves is awful, which is why her show has been bumped to late late night in the west.

Montreal has better designers. :P But thats a matter of opinion, so cant really be debated can it?

The west has too many waterfalls to name, Helmcken Falls plunging 141 metres in a straight drop, this waterfall is about three times higher than Niagara Falls.

The Della Falls Trail near Port Alberni leads hikers from the head of Great Central Lake to the base of the highest waterfall in Canada (440 metres high, 1443 feet), a cascade from Della Lake.

Takkakwaw Falls 254 Metres. Hunlen 253 Metres.

At 57 Metres Niagra is pretty piddly. :P Way way down on the list :P

Saskatchewan has produced so many recording artists that I wont even list them.

Pamela Anderson was born in B.C. :P From the West, James Taylor, Jason Priestley, Paul Gross, Brent Carver, Hayden Christensen, Michael J Fox , Leslie Nielsen, Jillian Hennessy, Jann Arden, Kim Cattrall, Burton Cummings, Joni Mitchell, all from the West, and this is just a SMALL representation, there are too many to list.

The west has Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese, East Indian, Russian, Scandanavian etc. , cultures , restaurants and enclaves.

Saskatchewan developed Fiber Optics and Medical Care. I'm too tired to look up more.

Vancouver has the Pacific Ocean, no need to say more. Cathedral Grove. Stanley Park. Vancouver Island. Long Beach. Whale watching. The Inside Passage.

Toronto is way over there and almost everyone who is anyone comes to Vancouver.

The West has Jasper, Banff, the Pacific Rim, tons of parks and natural wilderness.

CNN tower, Younge Street, Church Street concrete and more concrete.

Western Canada savages rule. :P