For all the Harper haters

"All of May's employment increase was in full-time positions, as about 151,000 new full-time jobs were created. That monthly increase was the largest on record."

WOW! Finally *FULL TIME* jobs on an increase!!!! And such a large increase... what could it be???

So much for the 1% GST cut being useless. Canadians feel confident, they are moving forward, and finally there are some new jobs out there.

Don't people feel better having a strong gov't in place?

If we could just lessen the flood of immigration then maybe.. just MAYBE, we start to become less underemployed.

(note: It's really unfortunate that we're still losing manufacturing jobs to service sector jobs. This is not positive).

Oh i know.. lets bring back in the Liberal clowns to make more of machary out of us and our country as a whole. People will see his approval rating sky rocket and hopefully he'll make some perminant changes to our polical system as well as change the system of party memberships.

It is good news for Canada, but what does it have to do with Harper? You can't possibly suggest all of those new jobs are solely because of him. Like GostHacked said the GST cut has not been implemented yet and the budget only came out in may, and only passed very recently.

GST cut has not been implimented yet, so you cannot say that the GST cut helped out.

Otherwise it is good news.

You obviously didn't get what I meant when I brought up the GST.

The GST symbolises the 'big campaign promise'. They came through and since then if they were to call an election, PC would be in majority status.

The market is about confidence and stability. People are showing confidence in our country and marketplace right now. The promise and action on the GST is the 'bigger picture' of why we are seeing this massive influx in jobs.

Understand, these aren't typical part time jobs, these are FULL TIME jobs. I almost still don't believe these numbers and am skeptical to be honest.

I was waching CPAC last ngiht and saw these Bloc/Lib/NDP politians speaking about integration and terrism and such. I was amazed how the lefties all never answered questions directly. They danced and danced around each question. The host had to keep repeating the question to get them to answer and they didn't budge. They douobletalked every answer and it was such a joke to whitness. Even when he told them to answer directly they didn't.

If you listen to Harper in an interview, he answers every question directly and is forthcoming; a real breath of 12 year needed fresh air and people know this and have trust in our system for once.

In turn, this gains confidence from the people, including rich poeple, to move forward and hence the job numbers.

If they would just eliminate refugee claims and family sponsorship, we would be in amazing shape.

It is good news for Canada, but what does it have to do with Harper? You can't possibly suggest all of those new jobs are solely because of him. Like GostHacked said the GST cut has not been implemented yet and the budget only came out in may, and only passed very recently.

You would have to understand economic principles to know why the there's this many jobs. It's directly because of the emotion of confidence in our government. Confidence that was gained through the GST and other announcements.

To be honest, I don't remember any other priminister post 1970 doing this much of a stellar job as harper is doing.

Understand, these aren't typical part time jobs, these are FULL TIME jobs. I almost still don't believe these numbers and am skeptical to be honest.
Almost half of those jobs are gov't jobs (including teachers and healthcare workers). These jobs are only created by gov't direct gov't decisions - they are _not_ created because of trickle down economics.

Almost half of those jobs are gov't jobs (including teachers and healthcare workers). These jobs are only created by gov't direct gov't decisions - they are _not_ created because of trickle down economics.

You are spewing heresay firstly.

And again even 75,000 jobs is amazing considering we've been losing 20-30 thousand full times jobs each quarter.

It's a good sign still.

(of course, we do need lost of healthcare adn teaching jobs because of all the 100's of thousands of immigrants from the porest thirdworld countries coming each year with no job prospects or money).

But those jobs cost us, the tax payers, money.

(of course, we do need lost of healthcare adn teaching jobs because of all the 100's of thousands of immigrants from the porest thirdworld countries coming each year with no job prospects or money).
Once again you demonstrate that you do not really understand the facts. We need more healthcare works because the baby boomers are getting older and are getting sicker. In many cases, immigrants are filling those jobs because the boomer's kids don't want to do those kinds of jobs.

Once again you demonstrate that you do not really understand the facts. We need more healthcare works because the baby boomers are getting older and are getting sicker. In many cases, immigrants are filling those jobs because the boomer's kids don't want to do those kinds of jobs.

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

THEN WHY DO 70% OF CANADIANS FEEL THEY ARE UNDEREMPLOYED????? LOL!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU PUT THE CBC IN YOUR MORNING CEREAL TODAY KIDS?

(funny though, 15 years ago my grandfather was telling me 'there's going to be be baby boomers retiring and all these good things coming'. And it just never happens. It's all CBC and Liberal party hype. The reason why there's justification for immigrants is for policitcal voting and pandering. Every bloc of voters compirsed of over 25% visible minority votes liberal. That's a fact. And that's why we have immigrants.

I ASSURE you, if Harper gets his way and his fixed elections, he WILL do something about our immigration crisis and reform immigration laws.

THEN WHY DO 70% OF CANADIANS FEEL THEY ARE UNDEREMPLOYED?????
I already answered that question in another thread. If people feel they are underemployed it is because they:

1) Don't have the right job skills;

2) Cannot or will not relocate to find a better job.

3) Don't care enough about being under employed to be bothered to anything about it.

The GST cut has already cost me time in preparing for it, as well as about another 3 people in my department working full-time on it. If it's created jobs, its in administrating the tax-cut, and that's just awful.

I like cutting regressive taxes like the GST. But it should have been stricken completely when we could do it to reduce the administrative burden. This is costing industry billions... and remember, corporations don't pay GST so its just in pure extra costs... and remember the next point, who pays for corporate costs?

All in all, I hate government's taking credit for job creation. They really have little influence in it. Many of Ottawa's policies hurt Alberta's economy, even ones from conservatives, and that's the province that's making the jobs right now. So I think Ralph deserves a pat on the back way before Harper does, though I'd argue that neither had much to do with it.

You obviously didn't get what I meant when I brought up the GST.

The GST symbolises the 'big campaign promise'. They came through and since then if they were to call an election, PC would be in majority status.

The market is about confidence and stability. People are showing confidence in our country and marketplace right now. The promise and action on the GST is the 'bigger picture' of why we are seeing this massive influx in jobs.

I was waching CPAC last ngiht and saw these Bloc/Lib/NDP politians speaking about integration and terrism and such. I was amazed how the lefties all never answered questions directly. They danced and danced around each question. The host had to keep repeating the question to get them to answer and they didn't budge. They douobletalked every answer and it was such a joke to whitness. Even when he told them to answer directly they didn't.

If you listen to Harper in an interview, he answers every question directly and is forthcoming; a real breath of 12 year needed fresh air and people know this and have trust in our system for once.

In turn, this gains confidence from the people, including rich poeple, to move forward and hence the job numbers.

If they would just eliminate refugee claims and family sponsorship, we would be in amazing shape.

Since you're such an expert economist, could you please explain this?

http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/...12/markets.html

"All of May's employment increase was in full-time positions, as about 151,000 new full-time jobs were created. That monthly increase was the largest on record."

WOW! Finally *FULL TIME* jobs on an increase!!!! And such a large increase... what could it be???

So much for the 1% GST cut being useless. Canadians feel confident, they are moving forward, and finally there are some new jobs out there.

Don't people feel better having a strong gov't in place?

If we could just lessen the flood of immigration then maybe.. just MAYBE, we start to become less underemployed.

(note: It's really unfortunate that we're still losing manufacturing jobs to service sector jobs. This is not positive).

Oh i know.. lets bring back in the Liberal clowns to make more of machary out of us and our country as a whole. People will see his approval rating sky rocket and hopefully he'll make some perminant changes to our polical system as well as change the system of party memberships.

So exactly what policies implemented by the Harper government have led to this job increase. I suspect all these joobs are in alberta and it has nothing to do with the federal government past or present.

Andrew

The GST cut has already cost me time in preparing for it, as well as about another 3 people in my department working full-time on it. If it's created jobs, its in administrating the tax-cut, and that's just awful.

I like cutting regressive taxes like the GST. But it should have been stricken completely when we could do it to reduce the administrative burden. This is costing industry billions... and remember, corporations don't pay GST so its just in pure extra costs... and remember the next point, who pays for corporate costs?

All in all, I hate government's taking credit for job creation. They really have little influence in it. Many of Ottawa's policies hurt Alberta's economy, even ones from conservatives, and that's the province that's making the jobs right now. So I think Ralph deserves a pat on the back way before Harper does, though I'd argue that neither had much to do with it.

Spot on. Lots of businesses are gonna have to pay out to someone to have the systems recalibrated for this measly 1% drop in a certain tax. NIGHTMARES for small business owners. Some may not be able to afford the change and just .. close shop. So in the end this may not save any money for anyone.