Why does Fleabag fondle himself?

Argus

I thought those little descriptions under the member names - ie, new member, the big leagues, were standard, based on length of time or number of posts.

So just what do you have to post to get the wierd ones? Is this new or did I never notice?

Dear Argus,

I only noticed this feature recently myself. It may have always been an option, or it may have only become available with the 'new format' to which Greg has recently changed the forum. I noticed August1991, BHS and Black Dog all had recently changed theirs, so I 'dicked around' with mine.

As to

"Why does Fleabag fondle himself?"
I can only assume this is a rhetorical question. Indeed, why would anyone fondle themselves? ;)

Ok, now Argus's user status line boasts of his multitude of extra eyes. How did that happen? (the user status line, not the extra eyes. well, come to think of it, the extra eyes too.)

-k

edit: nevermind. found it. :lol:

I'm stumped. How do you edit your 'member status'?

First, go to "My Controls"

Then, along the left side, look for the link that says "Edit Profile Information"

Click that, and the first line you can edit is called "Custom Member Title" and that is where you can write your own witty slogan!

However, if you don't see the "Custom Member Title" option available, it might mean you aren't allowed to enter a custom member title until you've attained the rank of "Swollen Member."

-kimmy

{I figured there must still be a few dick-jokes left in this thread, right?}

However, if you don't see the "Custom Member Title" option available, it might mean you aren't allowed to enter a custom member title until you've attained the rank of "Swollen Member."

Oh dang, that must be the case. It doesn't look like it's available to me yet. How many posts do you need before you get to that rank?

Dear ClearWest,

-kimmy

How many posts do you need before you get to that rank?
I am not sure, but I found that fondling it can help you attain 'Rigid' or 'Swollen Member'.

It doesn't look like it's available to me yet.
Me neither. That is why I often cut into threads with snappy answers and smart-aleck one-liners -- without even thinking.

Everybody just figures that I am being a stupid anarchist but actually I am just trying to increase my posting score. You can do the same!

...I am just trying to increase my posting score....
How are we supposed to interpret that phrase?

And as to rigid or swollen, I think the key notion is rather sensitivity. In that, I'd say we have too many insensitive members poking around here.

[Thelonious, what hath thou wrought?]

Dear August1991,

And as to rigid or swollen, I think the key notion is rather sensitivity. In that, I'd say we have too many insensitive members poking around here.

[Thelonious, what hath thou wrought?]

Tee hee.

I agree, sensitivity is important, lest one be easily compared to an inanimate object. The meat of the matter is moreso about what gratification one can accomplish with one's membership, not how often one uses it or how big it is.

Penetrating to the heart of an issue, thrusting to reveal the main point, is most often a 'labour of love', and should not be simply an exercise of unfocused verbal ejaculation.