Toronto Mosque vandalized

This confusion is an example of why Greg would like people to learn to use the board's "quote" function properly. :)

-k

SORRY I HAVE BEEN VEY VERY VERY BAD ABOUT IT AND AM TRYING TO CLEAN UP MY ACT!!!! Its driving me crazy too and I am the idiot doing it! Sorry again.

gerryhatrick

You wrote:

"I wouldn't agree that "Muslims were trying to conduct an act of terrorism" though, anymore than I would say my neighbours Catholic daughter got pregnant. He's a practicing Catholic, she's just the daughter of a Catholic."

Well then what do you call them gerry?

Suspects. Criminals (when convicted). Terrorists (if convicted for the crime). Extrmists.

This is owed to the failure of Muslims to leave their political garbage at home and failing to intergrate into a modern democratic society.

Really, how interesting. Tell us more, you're SO wise!

Acts like this don't help because Canada needs the Muslim Communities help in weeding out people like these 17 Terrorist suspects, and acts of violence against Mosques could undermine that help..

Gerry, did you voice out a criticizing opinion when Jews' religious sites (can't remember what they call them) are occasionaly vandalised in Canada? Considering the vandals strike without any prompting events...except for their continuous hatred for all Jews and all things Jewish.

I am not favoring the vandalisation of Muslim mosques, or any retaliatory acts against all muslims.....I'm just saying that these vanadlisations are knee-jerk reactions motivated by the arrests and disclosed plots.

Gerry, did you voice out a criticizing opinion when Jews' religious sites (can't remember what they call them) are occasionaly vandalised in Canada? Considering the vandals strike without any prompting events...except for their continuous hatred for all Jews and all things Jewish.

I am not favoring the vandalisation of Muslim mosques, or any retaliatory acts against all muslims.....I'm just saying that these vanadlisations are knee-jerk reactions motivated by the arrests and disclosed plots.

A an act of vandalism against a synagogue or mosque or church is an act of vandalism against all religions and all peaceful people as far as I am concerned and most leaders of religions and political groups in this city and country have said as much.

We all know there is more of this to come. Polarization and alienation of ethnic communities, distrust, hatred, anger, etc., they are all the inevitable consequences of terrorist behaviour and that is just what these terrorists want - people hating all Muslims and then turning on each other.

I'm just saying that these vanadlisations are knee-jerk reactions motivated by the arrests and disclosed plots.

We all know there is more of this to come.

My guess is that those broken windows were the work of some kid whose family frequents that mosque and whose father is a glazier.

Knowing our government, it will readily pay five times the rate he normally charges. I wish I had a son like that.

• 1 month later...
Oh well then since you are only guessing its o.k. to speculate that the Muslim community did it deliberately.Few. For a second there it sounded like you were spreading malicious unsubstantiated gossip. My mistake I apologize.
Oh well, would you look at this:

Somalia: Islamic Courts Vow to Kill Whoever Fails Daily Prayer

Shabelle Media Network (Mogadishu)

Posted to the web July 5, 2006

Islamic courts Union in Somalia have vowed to practice Sharia Law trough out the country and particularly Mogadishu where they mostly control.

In a speech he suggested at the opening ceremony of an Islamic Sharia Law court at Mogadishu Gubta neighbourhood, Sheik Abdalla Ali one of the Court founders insisted they will start practicing Islamic Sharia Law through out the Capital to handle security.

"When people accept practicing Islamic Sharia Law every body will enjoy life based on peace and prosperity," Sheik Abdalla said.

He also vowed during his speech they will kill any body that fails to practice daily prayer (Salaad).

"He who does not perform prayer will be considered as infidel and our Sharia Law orders that person to be killed" he said.

Muslims ordering to kill other muslims...

Suicide bomb kills 12 pilgrims visiting Shiite shrine in Iraq

By Qassim Abdul-Zahra THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hamid Reza Asefi, denounced the attack as a ‘barbaric terrorist act’ and urged the Iraqi government to find those responsible.

BAGHDAD, Iraq— A suicide car bomber attacked Iranian pilgrims yesterday as they got off tour buses at a Shiite Muslim shrine south of Baghdad, killing 12 people and wounding 39.

The bomber struck about 7:15 a.m. in Kufa, a Shiite holy city 100 miles south of Baghdad, detonating a minivan loaded with explosives behind two buses unloading pilgrims, police said.

Eight of the dead and 22 of the injured were Iranians, said Dr. Munthir al-Athari of the provincial health department. Three of the dead Iranians were women, he said. At least 19 other people were killed yesterday across Iraq, including 11 men whose bullet-riddled bodies were found in several locations across Baghdad, police said. Several showed signs of torture.

Muslims torturing muslims now....

Since "its o.k. to speculate", I speculate that maybe there is a lot more about muslims attacking muslims than we knowledgeable Canadians are willing to admit.

The cops are saying they don't know if it's related to the arrests. I think it quite obviously is.

The cops may think so to but thinking isn't knowing.

Exactly, I'm not in favour of our cops realising blanket statements like 'ooo the vigilantes are out' when there is no evidence of such.

None the less, if your saying 'our' side is worse because 'we' smashed a couple windows... compared to creating a plan and buying explosives to kill hundreds (thousands?) your sadly mistaken.

Probably a few high school kids that thought they'd be tough. Hopefully they get caught. But the hell if I'm going to feel guilty about it.

I"d much rather have someone smash out the windows in my car, than plant a bomb under the hood.

I'm just sayin....