Who's great in 2008

Dear GOP: please select this man to be your candidate 2008. Thanks.

-the Democratic Party

See my thread on liberal racism, and the hypocrisy associated with it.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=4852

"You CANNOT go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent ... I'm not joking."

- Sen. Joe Biden (D)

YouTube

"He (Gandhi) ran a gas station down in St. Louis."

- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D)

CNN

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

- Howard Dean (D Chairman)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lets compare out-of-context gaffes with actual racial slurs.
Yes, when it's a liberal, it's an "out-of-context gaffe", when it's a conservative, it's a racial slur. I couldn't have said it better myself. :lol:

Again, see my thread on liberal racial hypocrisy, although, you've already illustrated it perfectly. :)

Im writing this before iv read your thread so im hoping not to get it out of context. But im certain im going to agree with you. I think that often academia makes things worse here by promoting a cultural relativism they seek to make static and thus to frown upon any movement it may make within the modern world. Original cultures within a newer nation are subject to racist slurs endeavouring to keep them antiquated, a kind of national souvineer (some latin american indigenous peoples for example). Racism seems to manifest itself both cruely and kindly. The latter though is still as dangerous as the former since it does somewhat seek to 'preserve' thereby forbidding or blackading the roads to freedom and choice.

Yes, when it's a liberal, it's an "out-of-context gaffe", when it's a conservative, it's a racial slur. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Whatever, Shady. I shudder to think of the kind of person who can draw equivilance between a quip like:

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

and Allen's use of a racial slur on par with "nigger". With projection abilities like yours, you should change your name to IMAX.

and Allen's use of a racial slur on par with "nigger". With projection abilities like yours, you should change your name to IMAX
Don't forget, there's also "white niggers", according to Democrat Senator Robert Byrd.

Anyways, stating that Allen's use of a racial slur is on par with "nigger" is ridiculous. And one would have to believe, that Allen, would knowingly use a racial slur, while knowingly being video taped by a member of the opponent's campaign. That's truely ridiculous. :blink::rolleyes:

Whatever, Shady. I shudder to think of the kind of person who can draw equivilance between a quip like:

Still got to love the Dems reliance on token people of colour though. The novelty factor is huge apparently to Dean.

Anyways, stating that Allen's use of a racial slur is on par with "nigger" is ridiculous. And one would have to believe, that Allen, would knowingly use a racial slur, while knowingly being video taped by a member of the opponent's campaign. That's truely ridiculous

It is ridiculous that he would say it. But he did. And there it is. On tape.

In any case, when Dems make stupid statements about race, they deserve to be eiscerated. But a Dem saying a stupid thing about race doesn't prove anything about liberal racism, just as George Allen's comments don't say anything about conservative racism. What it does say something about is George Alen's racism. It's interesting, thouh, that in this case, you try to deflect from the issue ("see my thread on liberal racism...") and then deny that what happened actually happened. If you're going to demand Democtrats and liberals hold their numbers accountable for racial or racist remarks, you should be willing to display the strength of your convictions and do the same to your George Allens.

Still got to love the Dems reliance on token people of colour though. The novelty factor is huge apparently to Dean.

Riiight. Democrats of colour are token. republicans of colour are evidence of that party's racial tolerance. :rolleyes: