Islam is dying

theloniusfleabag

You wrote- " What a load of bunk".

Only time will tell the validity of an opinion expressed from a Jewish standpoint rather than the all to common Muslim sentiments we are familar with hearing about from this part of the globe.

Anyways, this simply illustrates the volatility of religion and the never ending problems that are associated with it or perhaps under the guise of religion.

It is evident language and culture would place a close second and are nothing more to the unsettled as excuses to raise the sword rather than declare outright war against another group in man's eternal quest of power and control.

If Islam is dying as a world religion, that's okay by me: granted we still have to deal with Christianity and Judaism, but one load of superstisious claptrap at a time, wot?
All things considered, most Christians and Jews (practicing or not) accept that the Bible is a book of parables at most. They have generally accepted the scientific method into their world view, so to speak.

The same cannot be said of many Muslims.

But seriously: who is this goof and why should we give a crap?
Some poster to a forum such as this one. I found the poster's viewpoint arguable.

Dear August1991,

Far below being arguable, I find this passage: (From Leafless' link...)

Islam is a sick joke. Islam is looking for a gutter to lay down in and die.
objectionable.

This quote here:

And the Jews will inherit the entire Middle East.
this here's the pipe dream.
Israels inevitable economy will be a sphere from the Euprahates to the Nile.
This bit here is the seriously misinformed bit. Israel's economy is already way bigger than that. Their biggest industries are cut diamonds and technology, both for export. They don't want anything to do with the Arabs, (apart from make a profit off of them) and I don't see that changing.

The rest about scientific advancements was arguably true, I'll admit. It is also, and more importantly, moot. Absolutely unimportant, at this time, to shaping the future of Islam. The only way it will die is if it is slain. I don't believe any other religions have ever died, especially not major ones. Of the lesser ones, there still exists; paganism, druidism, wicca, Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, etc. that a certain number of kooks will adhere to no matter what information you place before their eyes.