Does Bush hate Jews?

Why is the present Ukrainian regime a darling with Bush? By lifting Jakson-Vanik amendment relating Ukraine he actually granted ‘orange power’ there Ukthe status of most favored nation. This means he improves of all those abnormalities relating Jewish population of the Ukraine. Let’s put it plain. There is wild outburst of antsemitism in the Ukraine in recent times. President of the Ukraine Yuschenko is supported by PORA youth movement and UNA-UNSO nationalists hateful of Jews. Bush somehow has been staying ignorant of the fact. Presently those anti-Semitic elements have come from words to deeds attacking and killing prominent Jews. In the most recent attack mass media tycoon Vladimir Kazman was savagely beaten up in Kyiv. The background for Jews in the Ukraine is not friendly as it is. What if nationalists Yuschenko and Timoshenko really form a ruling coalition? The pressure on Jews is going to double then!

Our ‘constructive engagement’ in the Ukraine is to improve and not worsen it for Jews there I think. Bush can’t turn his back on this challenge in the Ukraine or he may face a new challenge in America.

Those unflattering parallels to Hitler have already downgraded Bush’s rate far as know….

• 1 month later...
Why is the present Ukrainian regime a darling with Bush? By lifting Jakson-Vanik amendment relating Ukraine he actually granted ‘orange power’ there Ukthe status of most favored nation. This means he improves of all those abnormalities relating Jewish population of the Ukraine. Let’s put it plain. There is wild outburst of antsemitism in the Ukraine in recent times. President of the Ukraine Yuschenko is supported by PORA youth movement and UNA-UNSO nationalists hateful of Jews. Bush somehow has been staying ignorant of the fact. Presently those anti-Semitic elements have come from words to deeds attacking and killing prominent Jews. In the most recent attack mass media tycoon Vladimir Kazman was savagely beaten up in Kyiv. The background for Jews in the Ukraine is not friendly as it is. What if nationalists Yuschenko and Timoshenko really form a ruling coalition? The pressure on Jews is going to double then!

Our ‘constructive engagement’ in the Ukraine is to improve and not worsen it for Jews there I think. Bush can’t turn his back on this challenge in the Ukraine or he may face a new challenge in America.

Those unflattering parallels to Hitler have already downgraded Bush’s rate far as know….

The answer: "No, Bush does not hate Jews." A better question might be: what is the intention of the above author - Mark F. - in writing this article? A reasonable argument can be made that Mark F. has an issue specifically with Ukraine. Mark F.'s reasoning is: Bush likes Ukraine; Ukrainians hate Jews; therefore, Bush hates Jews? Let's try this with, say... Cheney is a Republican; Republicans hate homosexuals; therefore, Cheney hates homosexuals (his daughter, too)? Not only is this flawed reasoning, but Mark F. generalizes to augment his incorrect position.

Let's sort out a couple of Mark F.'s points:

-- "Most favored" status is simply a legal expression which means that a given counry has normal relations with the U.S.; the status bestows no moral claim whatsoever.

-- Ukraine was singled out on purpose and wrongly labeled flat out anti-semitic and Jew-hating. Conveniently, Russia was left out of picture. If Ukraine is anti-semitic, Russia is ultra-anti-semitic/xenophobic. At least Ukraine affords some kind of a democratic process, Russia is a country ruled by KGB cronies w/ skinheads frolicking unrestrained. See below newspaper article:

*Israel Voices Concern at Anti-Semitism in Russia, Calls Officials “Drunks”

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/01/20/israeldrunks.shtml

*Today, anti-Semitic pronouncements, speeches and articles are common in Russia, and there are a large number of anti-Semitic neo-Nazi groups in the republics of the former Soviet Union, leading Pravda to declare in 2002 that "Anti-semitism is booming in Russia."[40] Over the past few years there have also been bombs attached to anti-Semitic signs, apparently aimed at Jews, and other violent incidents, including stabbings, have been recorded.

*Though the government of Vladimir Putin takes an official stand against anti-semitism, some political parties and groups are explicitly anti-Semitic, in spite of a Russian law (Art. 282) against fomenting racial, ethnic or religious hatred. In 2005, a group of 15 Duma members demanded that Judaism and Jewish organizations be banned from Russia. In June, 500 prominent Russians, including some 20 members of the nationalist Rodina party, demanded that the state prosecutor investigate ancient Jewish texts as "anti-Russian" and ban Judaism — the investigation was actually launched, but halted amid international outcry. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Semitism...he_Soviet_Union

--A coalition between Yushchenko and Tymoshenko will not double pressure on Jews. Both Yushchenko and Tymoshenko are seasoned and MODERATE! politicians. They both have many, many friends and advisers who are Jews. It is true that Ukraine has a small segment of population who does not like Jews (to put it mildly), however that is a small, politically insignificant group without any political clout (under 3%).

Here is a finding by Euro-Asian Jewish Congress:

"In a comparison of anti-Semitism in Russia and Ukraine, researchers have concluded that the situation in Ukraine is noticeably calmer. Manifestations of interethnic conflicts in Ukraine are not as acute as in Russia. The level of Jewish phobia in particular and xenophobia in general is lower among Ukrainians than among Russians, and Ukrainian political groups employ anti-Semitic tactics less than Russia’s politicians."

ANTI-SEMITISM IN UKRAINE

Vyacheslav Likhachev

Source: http://www.eajc.org/program_art_e.php?id=10

So in conclusion, we can be rather confident of the following:

1. Bush does not hate Jews

2. Ukraine is not an anti-semitic country like Russia, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia; although it has its own intolerance issues, Ukraine is no different from any other democratic state where radical views exist.

3. A Yushchenko-Tymoshenko/pro-Western coalition is better, not worse for all people living in Ukraine including the Jewish people

It is unfortunate that such flawed understanding of ethnic relations in Ukraine fills the internet. I hope this refutation contributes critically to the discussion on the net.

Regards,

Matt A.

Yep. While I think Bush would sell out any ethic or group for political purpose (just like his Democratic predecessor), I don't think he hates Jews. After all, he's trying to make them an exclusively Republican constituency. Normalizing Ukrainian relations WOULD have been a statement about morality a few decades ago, but such niceties are no longer observed.

I don't think Bush hates Jews, but I don't think he loves them, either. He is a politician and as such, views all ethnic groups as potential voters and supporters or as potential opponents.

The problem the GOP has with Jews is that there are a significant number within the GOP who are courting Jews and taking a very pro-Israel stand because they see the establishment of the state of Israel and growing its strength in the region as a sign that the Second Coming approaches, kind of an "end of days" scenario. These Christo-fascists have, as their ultimate goal, the eventual converting of Jews to Christianity. I'm not saying that that is Bush's aim or those of mainstream Republicans, but while there is a hardline Christian spine holding up the GOP skeleton, I think many Jews remain rightfully skeptical.

I don't think Bush hates Jews, but I don't think he loves them, either. He is a politician and as such, views all ethnic groups as potential voters and supporters or as potential opponents.

The problem the GOP has with Jews is that there are a significant number within the GOP who are courting Jews and taking a very pro-Israel stand because they see the establishment of the state of Israel and growing its strength in the region as a sign that the Second Coming approaches, kind of an "end of days" scenario. These Christo-fascists have, as their ultimate goal, the eventual converting of Jews to Christianity. I'm not saying that that is Bush's aim or those of mainstream Republicans, but while there is a hardline Christian spine holding up the GOP skeleton, I think many Jews remain rightfully skeptical.

Uh, I think you are mixing up parts of different christian theories. The second coming scenario happens after Israel is wiped off the map. I haven't heard of any groups wanting to bring about the second coming by strengthening Israel. Defending it against her enemies is not part of some conspiracy, it's just a result of Hitler's extermination.

Also, the bible refers to Israelis realizing that Jesus was the son of God, which isn't exactly conversion to Christianity, but I could see how some missionaries might be in Israel with this teaching.

Uh, I think you are mixing up parts of different christian theories. The second coming scenario happens after Israel is wiped off the map. I haven't heard of any groups wanting to bring about the second coming by strengthening Israel. Defending it against her enemies is not part of some conspiracy, it's just a result of Hitler's extermination.

Also, the bible refers to Israelis realizing that Jesus was the son of God, which isn't exactly conversion to Christianity, but I could see how some missionaries might be in Israel with this teaching.

This thread has so many inflammatory posts I have to shake my monitor to see if it is real.

Bush hates the press, not Jews.

Bush is also an 'end of days' leader - same with Iran and Israel.

Also, he is a pro-Israel leader who sides with Israel on most issues regarding the Palestinian conflict.

This thread has so many inflammatory posts I have to shake my monitor to see if it is real.

Also, he is a pro-Israel leader who sides with Israel on most issues regarding the Palestinian conflict.

Maybe try a few more shakes! Iran does not believe in the second coming or 'end of days' and neither does Israel. Bush may, but he hasn't send any troops to Israel yet as far as I know.

Maybe try a few more shakes! Iran does not believe in the second coming or 'end of days' and neither does Israel. Bush may, but he hasn't send any troops to Israel yet as far as I know.

Check your facts - Iran's leader (I haven't the time to copy and paste his name, nor can I spell it) has spoken several times about the apocalypse. He also believes the Mohammed speaks through him. Bush has made similiar statements.

And Israel, or at least Zionism, believes that the chosen people will soon be chosen, which is why there has been somewhat of an Exodus back to Jerusalem in the last 7 years or so.

Your original statement was that Iran and Israel were 'end of days' proponents. I disagreed with this since this is a Christian thing (Second coming) and neither of those 2 countries are Christian. Iran's leader is crazy like a fox, I wouldn't believe anything he says, but would look to see what the effects of his words have. That might be closer to why he says them.

Now, what specific groups within those countries might believe, that is another thing altogether.