This is Hard For Me to Say... But I Am Sorry

So here I sit with my tinfoil hat and string of garlic around my neck, begging for forgiveness. Ok, I'm not really begging, but I do apologize if my sarcasm has offended anyone. That was never my intention.

I've only been here a short time but really like this forum. If I skim past profanities and insults, I always find bits of information that help to make me a more informed voter.

If you haven't already guessed, my politics are left of centre, and I am not a big fan of Stephen Harper, mainly because I have no idea who he is. The last election I tried reaching out to his supporters, but if I dared ask about his beliefs or former involvement in the National Citizens' Coalition and how big a role it played in his idealogy, I was met with abuse and called everything from a communist to a 'Liberal Hugging Radical' , despite the fact that I am not a Liberal supporter. I only voted Liberal in the last election because I wasn't yet ready to accept the Reform Party platform.

In the past, I voted mostly Tory, (though I admit to liking Ed Broadbent), but when my party was dissolved I began shopping around. I always exercise my right to vote, even if I find it difficult at times to actually like anyone who is running.

Oh, and I almost forgot.....I love a good conspiracy theory.

However, I realize that there are many here who passionately support Mr. Harper; so while I won't always agree with you; I will try to be more objective, and again if I offended anyone, I am deeply sorry.

This guy reaks of a former poster trying to not get banned again!

OR

People have begun to set him to ignore, so he is trying to find his way in.

NOt all lefties are shunned here as you may assume. There are many objective posters from both sides of the spectrum and not all righties will flame you. We do have some abusive righties, but for the most part, it is a well-balanced forum with opinions from both sides.

This post is a good start if you truly want to be different, if it is just a ploy, it will get you nowhere.

This guy reaks of a former poster trying to not get banned again!

OR

People have begun to set him to ignore, so he is trying to find his way in.

NOt all lefties are shunned here as you may assume. There are many objective posters from both sides of the spectrum and not all righties will flame you. We do have some abusive righties, but for the most part, it is a well-balanced forum with opinions from both sides.

This post is a good start if you truly want to be different, if it is just a ploy, it will get you nowhere.

Actually, I've never been on this board before and am not a guy. I'm just a grandmother who thinks about the Canada she grew up in and the one she want to see her grandson grow up in, so am naturally concerned about where we're headed. I've never used profanity here, nor have I called anyone names...at least I hope not. Just thought I could bring a different perspective.

My sarcasm is always meant to be tongue in cheek and find that looking at situations with a little humour (very little obviously) can keep you from taking life too seriously.

Have been married to the same guy for almost 34 years, but it is a mixed marriage.....he's NDP.

I wouldn't take what people say here to seriously (when they are poking the fire). The internet is a faceless beast. Much like the NDP (ha ha!). People will throw junk comments your way at times, but that is because they are fearless behind their mighty computers, and make death threats to the ISP company when it goes down. Keep posting here, and if someone gets offended, tuff luck...it's something we call free speech and if they don't like it they can pack their bags and find another country to live in.

I wouldn't take what people say here to seriously (when they are poking the fire). The internet is a faceless beast. Much like the NDP (ha ha!). People will throw junk comments your way at times, but that is because they are fearless behind their mighty computers, and make death threats to the ISP company when it goes down. Keep posting here, and if someone gets offended, tuff luck...it's something we call free speech and if they don't like it they can pack their bags and find another country to live in.

Thank you.

So here I sit with my tinfoil hat and string of garlic around my neck, begging for forgiveness. Ok, I'm not really begging, but I do apologize if my sarcasm has offended anyone. That was never my intention.

I've only been here a short time but really like this forum. If I skim past profanities and insults, I always find bits of information that help to make me a more informed voter.

If you haven't already guessed, my politics are left of centre, and I am not a big fan of Stephen Harper, mainly because I have no idea who he is. The last election I tried reaching out to his supporters, but if I dared ask about his beliefs or former involvement in the National Citizens' Coalition and how big a role it played in his idealogy, I was met with abuse and called everything from a communist to a 'Liberal Hugging Radical' , despite the fact that I am not a Liberal supporter. I only voted Liberal in the last election because I wasn't yet ready to accept the Reform Party platform.

In the past, I voted mostly Tory, (though I admit to liking Ed Broadbent), but when my party was dissolved I began shopping around. I always exercise my right to vote, even if I find it difficult at times to actually like anyone who is running.

Oh, and I almost forgot.....I love a good conspiracy theory.

However, I realize that there are many here who passionately support Mr. Harper; so while I won't always agree with you; I will try to be more objective, and again if I offended anyone, I am deeply sorry.

Barf all this appologizing is making me want to hurl, go ahead chuck shit it is just a damn forum to throw around ideas that a lot of times you would not dare say to a complete stranger.

PS does anyone really know any politician?

After the replies I see here, you had no need to apologize in the first place.

Your sympathy has made you weak.

Two inane replies in such a short time!

There is nothing wrong with apologising. I generally accept apologies. I've even been known to make them - like to you, as I recall, and that was only for a mistaken impression I left.

Hello Nocrap; Not a grandma but old enough to be one. Don't know what you are apologizing for but admire the fact that you felt you had to and did so. In the case of postings as you see some people do not have the vocabulary necessary to maintain a sedate form of posting, don't let it get to you.

I am a Conservative and yet I will jump all over them when I don't agree with what they are doing. I don't believe in blindly following the party line and always reserve the right to criticise my own party as well as others. It is a free society and debate helps keep it that way. Post on Nocrap, I will be reading you. Mowich

After the replies I see here, you had no need to apologize in the first place.

Your sympathy has made you weak.

Two inane replies in such a short time!

There is nothing wrong with apologising. I generally accept apologies. I've even been known to make them - like to you, as I recall, and that was only for a mistaken impression I left.

Argus.. he was joking... and it was funny...

See.. calling him out has made you weak!

I'm just a grandmother who thinks about the Canada she grew up in and the one she want to see her grandson grow up in, so am naturally concerned about where we're headed.

This is why I will never vote Liberal: http://www.liberalvalues.ca/

So the question is - which party will bring back the morals & values I grew up in? For future generations...

Thank you Gord. I'm now an orphan, politically speaking, since there is no longer a Tory party in Canada, and am shopping around. In some ways it's good, because it gives me a chance to look deeper into what each have to offer, without simply following party line.

The Liberals have far too much baggage in the scandal department, and unless they can pull a leader out of their hat that sincerely wants to clean up their party, I'm afraid they are on a downward spiral. The CPC, since taking office, have only shown just how 'Liberal' they can be, and so long as Jack Layton keeps referring to himself as the 'third' choice, and not the 'best' choice; I'm not ready to take that leap either.

For now I'm content to watch Mr. Harper like a hawk, and hope that next election Canada will be offered better choices in the ethics and accountability department.