Israelis Are Hostages of Netanyahu

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I heard that a lot of their rockets are built using repurposed water pipes for fuselages. 

They can build sophisticated murder machines from scraps, but they can't use their billions of dollars in aid to make one of the nicest regions of the planet fit for humans to live comfortably.

I think we can all agree that it was tragic that those food aid workers were killed.  

But… why did those people need to be there?  I mean… I mean… if Gaza is their frigging “ancestral home,” why can’t they figure out how to distribute food and prepare meals by themselves?  Why are they so pathetic that they need people to come in and cook food for them?  Yes, many building have been destroyed, but not all of them.  

Maybe the reason is the aid workers knew if they turned the food over to Hamas, they’d keep it for the terrorists and none of it would get to the civilians.  

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

I think we can all agree that it was tragic that those food aid workers were killed.  

But… why did those people need to be there?  I mean… I mean… if Gaza is their frigging “ancestral home,” why can’t they figure out how to distribute food and prepare meals by themselves?  Why are they so pathetic that they need people to come in and cook food for them?  Yes, many building have been destroyed, but not all of them.  

Maybe the reason is the aid workers knew if they turned the food over to Hamas, they’d keep it for the terrorists and none of it would get to the civilians.  

It's tragic that anyone had to be killed at all, going right back to 1948 and beyond, but it's a war zone now and mistakes happen everywhere. Especially in the fog of war. 

If there was a war happening in Washington State, I think everyone here (even the harsh pro-Hamas types) would agree 1,000% that Canada would let the women and children cross our southern border. Especially if the population of Wash State was only 2M people, like Gaza. That would only be 1M women and kids... We could find room for that many women and children in the Fraser Valley, no one would have to go as far as Kamloops.  

Canadians: "Hmmmm, should we let the women and children of Wash State come to Canada, or leave them there to dodge rockets and bombs, while going hungry and living in the dark...?"

FFS, we'd even let the men come up here (until the war is completely over. No back-and-forth)

Why didn't Egypt let the Palestinians come?

Better yet, why didn't Hamas let them go?

Can you ask the pro-Hamas folks that question? Robo and EF might answer you, but not me. 

And remind those guys that Gaza is only 25 miles long and 2 miles wide... a lot of women could do 25 miles on foot, in one day, and everyone under 50 could do it in 3. There'd be some elderly to be evacuated by car or whatever, but that's easily doable in 1 day, and Oct 7th was over 6 months ago. 

The women and children are there in Gaza for one reason, and one reason alone: hamas, islamic jihad, Iran, and all the other Khartoum resolution jack-offs need women and children to die for the publicity. Dead kids are huge sellers for the hate/religious bigotry/pro-ethnic-cleansing mongers, like Iranian mullahs and hamas. They're popular for the hate-mongers on campus as well. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Yeah.. from reading some on the issue.. it appears that the OP is exaggerating a bit. Most Israelis support the war. 

Support the war is a pretty broad brush. 

Sometimes there are people - like Trump and the 2nd Iran war, famously - who aren't in favour of a certain war starting, but once it does, fully support their country and want them to 'win'. 

There are people in favour of the war but not the current level of destruction. 

Or even ok with the destruction but who want more action on the hostage front. 

"Support the war" basically includes anyone who isn't enamoured with being bombarded by rocket barrages

"Saul, are you in favour of this war?"

"No way, Benjamin. I miss the rocket barrages from Gaza. We have a great view of all the rockets and the falling bombs from our deck. It's way better than watching it on TV."