Too Much American T.V.

JMH

As I've gone through the forum topics and discussions, I'm astounded by the number of comparisons with the U.S. ..............from every "Camp"; blues and reds, radical christian right, bleeding heart liberals and on and on. I wish that it would stop. The "group-think Bullshit" has seemingly made it across the border. WOW.

Apart from being predominently english speaking and having common genetic stock at the births' of our nations', we have very little in common. Our "radical right wing conservatives" make up such a piddley-ass amount of the population, that its laughable. The "radical left" has (of late) shaved their armpits, gotten a haircut and entered the workforce.........and the "Greeners" well..........nobody can figure out where they're at.

So what do we have? Middle of the road people that want to get along, do well and be responsable to our own needs and help others whenever we can.

Summary: we have no radical political debate in this country.......boring is good! The three relevent parties in this election have, essentially, the same platform. Yes, there are some issues added for excitement (Canadians need drama to get to the polls), but its all the same shit. In the global sense, we're doing pretty good.

The real question is: If you could have a two hour martini lunch with any of the leaders, who would it be?

Witch one of these "political animals" would you get along with the best?.............................................................The one that picks up the tab?, or the one that goes "Dutch"?

Food for thought. :)

That's the most sensible thing I've heard during this entire political game. :)

Essentially we won't change much no matter who wins the election. When we wake up Tuesday morning, we'll still do exactly what we did the week before.

Lunch? Probably Martin. I believe we could sit and have a conversation. I think Harper would be condescending. Layton, he'd be my second choice.

Essentially we won't change much no matter who wins the election. When we wake up Tuesday morning, we'll still do exactly what we did the week before.

Lunch? Probably Martin. I believe we could sit and have a conversation. I think Harper would be condescending. Layton, he'd be my second choice.

Thanks Drea, it's rare that someone says a nice thing about my thoughts anymore. They want me for my Nachos. :(

Being serious Drea,

I would have lunch with a different choice but thats me...........and you are........you. Thats what makes this country great in my oppinion; the ability to disagree with one another yet not be too far off base with each other at the same time. It allows refinements to be made, as needed by the people with a minimum of fiscal or cultural impact. We are getting there! Efficiency in Gov.........................weird. :)

I'd have lunch with any of them.

Harper would be interesting to hear his actual thoughts on economics and the such (economics is my forte so to speak). I've spoken with him briefly before (I'm a constituant) and he's suprisingly less 'scary' then on TV, where even I'll admit he comes across a bit condescending. He smart, and he knows it, I'd be condescending if I had to deal with such stupid questions all day. I feel he'd pick up the tab.

Layton would be great to talk to. How could someone with such intensity not be? Don't agree with anyone that comes out of his mouth, agree completely with his attitude that Canada doesn't need to stay status quo. I'd be curious to see how much I have in common with him politically, I might be suprised. I feel he'd be going 'dutch', sharing is his way remember.

Ducepee would be good practice for my ever failing French skills. I've always wanted to know more about the sepertist cause and what motivates them to dislike Canada to the point they all want to leave. Also, I wouldn't mind learning how to make faces like his in the debate. He'd pick up the tab, too classy not to.

Harris would bore me, so I probably won't go to lunch, or make it short lived. He'd also make me come there on the train and eat only organic veggies.

Martin would rob me while sitting at the table so not a fan of that. Or at least create a big scheme to funnel money out of my pocket into the Quebecois resturant next door.

Harper would be interesting to hear his actual thoughts on economics and the such (economics is my forte so to speak). I've spoken with him briefly before (I'm a constituant) and he's suprisingly less 'scary' then on TV, where even I'll admit he comes across a bit condescending. He smart, and he knows it, I'd be condescending if I had to deal with such stupid questions all day. I feel he'd pick up the tab.

Layton would be great to talk to. How could someone with such intensity not be? Don't agree with anyone that comes out of his mouth, agree completely with his attitude that Canada doesn't need to stay status quo. I'd be curious to see how much I have in common with him politically, I might be suprised. I feel he'd be going 'dutch', sharing is his way remember.

Ducepee would be good practice for my ever failing French skills. I've always wanted to know more about the sepertist cause and what motivates them to dislike Canada to the point they all want to leave. Also, I wouldn't mind learning how to make faces like his in the debate. He'd pick up the tab, too classy not to.

Harris would bore me, so I probably won't go to lunch, or make it short lived. He'd also make me come there on the train and eat only organic veggies.

Martin would rob me while sitting at the table so not a fan of that. Or at least create a big scheme to funnel money out of my pocket into the Quebecois resturant next door.

Hilarious...hae to throe your partisan nonsense in there didn't you?

Naw, Martin would be smart enough to distract you by talking about Federalism and how he would keep Canada together if only you would stand briefly so his aide could pick your pocket.