Which way do you do it?

I was under the impression that CPC'rs wives followed whatever their husbands decided? no? has anyone told Anders?

People wonder why the word liberal is an insult to conservatives? It this kind of insulting, discriminatory comments that feed our deep dislike for liberals.

We discuss politics constantly in my house, so when elections come around everyone has an opinion, including the 10 year old. But we all tend to agree on how to vote (we have three eligible voters now, and one disgruntled teenager who thinks it is vastly unjust that 16 year olds can't vote).

I am not married. However, I tell my cabana-boy and house-wench how to vote. The threat of deportation or reductions to their 2 meals a day keeps them in line.

lol

to answer the original question, my wife and I tend to discuss our views, but vote our own ways when the time comes (might change if we had wee ones).

I beat my wife and daughter but my son is pretty handy in the beating line so I let him be persuaded.

Interestingly, they all share my views, though. My daughter this time is voting strategically - Liberal in her riding. I don't believe in strategic voting but it can't do any harm there in a very safe Conservative area. So her beatings have not been too severe.

Recently divorced, but when we were together, we learned pretty early not to discuss politics.

I was generally a lot more right-leaning than my ex, surprising as that may sound.

She was, alas, one of those who payed little attention to politics until the last minute, then took things at face value.

I would not be at all surprised if she's been sucked in by the Lib's attack ads.

I believe that she is the type of person the ads are targetted at; the uninformed voter.

I don't tell her how to vote, but it made me laugh when she said, "I sure as hell don't want the liberals in again, so I guess I"ll vote for anybody but them."

That was basically what mine said. She was never much interested in politics before. She leans on me for knowledge about campaigns but I think she's coming along well. I'm proud to say she'll be voting for her first time on Monday.

Its hard, being the partisan creature I am to give her an unbiased picture, but I do try. I just feed her info as her curiosity demands it so as not to turn her off to politics.

For years her official position on politics was "I have no opinion." She still won't let me put a conservative sign on my bumper but she's coming along well. She hates bumper stickers. If I'm driving a Mercedes a bumper sticker don't touch it, but a 1993 Mazda MPV? Why not?