What people say

betsy

CPAC had three strategists from the three parties. They were entertaining phone calls to the station to answer this question: Which of the parties runs the most effective campaign.

In that one hour show, 8 phone calls came in.

Out of those 8, 6 favored the Conservatives....and boy I'm telling, the anger is there!

2 favored the Liberals.

The callers also took the opportunity to vent and have their say.

One caller from Toronto blasted the Liberals for the crimes ...and the disintegrating FAMILY VALUES under the Liberals.

By the accent of the caller I assume he's from an ethnic group. Harper is getting to the minority groups there. I have a strong feeling he'll get quite some support from the ethnic communities....a lot of these people fled their mother countries because of oppressive regimes, injustice and corruptions. They must be feeling a twinge of "deja vu" listening to all the scandals of corruptions and injustice happening left and right!

One caller from Quebec was mad about the rotting corruptions and sees in Harper some hope to clean up.

It all boils down to these from all pro-Conservative callers: Crime/values, corruptions and accountability.

The two pro-Liberals were just singing the same tune about the deficit, and National Childcare. And you could tell they lack the fire. It's almost like they're trying to convince their own selves.

For when both opposition strategists pointed out the Liberals had 12 years in office and they've never delivered on the repeated promise of National childcare....the Liberal strategist was stumped. All he could say in defense of the Liberals to every angry caller was ..."Look at the record...."

From the point of view of a lot...upon looking at this record, it doesn't show much except the record of corruptions and scandals.

CPAC had three strategists from the three parties. They were entertaining phone calls to the station to answer this question: Which of the parties runs the most effective campaign.

Out of those 8, 6 favored the Conservatives....and boy I'm telling, the anger is there!

2 favored the Liberals.

One caller from Toronto blasted the Liberals for the crimes ...and the disintegrating FAMILY VALUES under the Liberals.

By the accent of the caller I assume he's from an ethnic group. Harper is getting to the minority groups there. I have a strong feeling he'll get quite some support from the ethnic communities....a lot of these people fled their mother countries because of oppressive regimes, injustice and corruptions. They must be feeling a twinge of "deja vu" listening to all the scandals of corruptions and injustice happening left and right!

One caller from Quebec was mad about the rotting corruptions and sees in Harper some hope to clean up.

It all boils down to these from all pro-Conservative callers: Crime/values, corruptions and accountability.

The two pro-Liberals were just singing the same tune about the deficit, and National Childcare. And you could tell they lack the fire. It's almost like they're trying to convince their own selves.

For when both opposition strategists pointed out the Liberals had 12 years in office and they've never delivered on the repeated promise of National childcare....the Liberal strategist was stumped. All he could say in defense of the Liberals to every angry caller was ..."Look at the record...."

From the point of view of a lot...upon looking at this record, it doesn't show much except the record of corruptions and scandals.

One wonders why Martin dropped the Red Book... :rolleyes:

Guest eureka

Have you ever tried calling CPAC. O did on one of these shows to attempt to straighten out the panel. I was told that there were too many callers from Ontario and they had to get some others on.

Perhaps your 8 callers were not representative of the feelings of a very large part of the population.

Have you ever tried calling CPAC. O did on one of these shows to attempt to straighten out the panel. I was told that there were too many callers from Ontario and they had to get some others on.

Perhaps your 8 callers were not representative of the feelings of a very large part of the population.

Are you saying the Ontario Liberal/NDP anti-American urban left is representative of Canada??? :angry:

If they have TOO MANY PEOPLE from Ontario they are TRYING to be more representative of Canada!!! :rolleyes:

2 favored the Liberals.

Hey, Martin said 'Screw the Red Book' remember

2 favored the Liberals.

Hey, Martin said 'Screw the Red Book' remember

LMAO...I sure do...he concluded that he knew "it was all a bunch of bullshit."

The Liberals...at least Chretien fixed the elections... :rolleyes:

There's an especially high level of anger related to Martin's ridiculous comments regarding the tragic shootings in Toronto on boxing day. About how we all need to make people feel more "inclusive". I thought it was hilarious that Stephen Harper pointed out that these "excluded" individuals responsible for killing that girl drove off in a BMW. Seriously, I don't think I've ever hated a Canadian Politician the way I hate Paul Martin. :angry:

There's an especially high level of anger related to Martin's ridiculous comments regarding the tragic shootings in Toronto on boxing day. About how we all need to make people feel more "inclusive". I thought it was hilarious that Stephen Harper pointed out that these "excluded" individuals responsible for killing that girl drove off in a BMW. Seriously, I don't think I've ever hated a Canadian Politician the way I hate Paul Martin. :angry:

I hate Chretien the most...

Read this book: http://www.canadafreepress.com/jean-chretien-scandal.htm

I want my money back!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

UPDATE on CPAC. Just finished watching the 8-9 pm show where callers phone-in. Guests tonight were Solberg (Conservative), McGuinty (Liberal) and Dagenais (NDP)

Question was : Do you care if campaign is negative or positive?

Out of approx 8 responses (callers and phone-in), only 2 favored the Liberals and the rest favored the Conservative....several from Ontario.

Mcguinty was complaining about the negative ad of the Conservative, and a caller pointed out that the Conservative's ad on corruption was not negative. It was just simply stating the truth.

One caller from Toronto blasted the Liberals for the crimes ...and the disintegrating FAMILY VALUES under the Liberals. By the accent of the caller I assume he's from an ethnic group.

The arrogance.... unbelievable... whose "family values" should we all follow.... White english speaking "Christian"... or maybe your caller thinks we should all have good family values and not eat pork... or beef... because those are good values to some religions. Perhaps we have some Mormons in Canada who think good family values mean several "moms" to look after the kids....

The CPC bullshit morality of preaching how everybody should live has to stop, and this is one of the number one reasons to reject that racist CPC party....

Guest eureka

This forum is clear evidence of the declining quality of debate on the site. Juvenile responses to a serious matter. What happened to some of the posters of a little while back who could handle debate whatever side they came from?

Its election time on a board that is about 75% conservative and about 35% far right, its not really surprising that the pack mentality has taken such a strong grip.

I will debate any position you have at any time...

:rolleyes: Do we really need another multiculturalist ministry??? :rolleyes:

This forum is clear evidence of the declining quality of debate on the site. Juvenile responses to a serious matter. What happened to some of the posters of a little while back who could handle debate whatever side they came from?

Oh do lighten up! Anyway, as you said....8 callers do not represent the feeling of the majority. So there is nothing to worry about.

Btw guys, on CTV. Question Period last night, the lady announcer laughingly quipped to the guy-announcer:

"The Liberals are mad at us! They say we are being hard on Martin!"

The guy amusedly answered: "Well no, Martin is being hard on himself with all these scandals!"

And did you get that piece of news clip on tv aired yesterday morning? Layton was campaigning I think in Vancouver and he approached this sweet little old lady on a wheel chair. He bent down to greet her and she wagged a finger in his face, admonishing him:

"Now you stop attacking Harper! He will be leading the government....so you stop attacking him."

Perhaps she remembers a time before all these Liberal Chretien scandals tainted government and ruined our relationship with the Americans and generally hurt federalism.

One caller from Toronto blasted the Liberals for the crimes ...and the disintegrating FAMILY VALUES under the Liberals. By the accent of the caller I assume he's from an ethnic group.

The arrogance.... unbelievable... whose "family values" should we all follow.... White english speaking "Christian"... or maybe your caller thinks we should all have good family values and not eat pork... or beef... because those are good values to some religions. Perhaps we have some Mormons in Canada who think good family values mean several "moms" to look after the kids....

The CPC bullshit morality of preaching how everybody should live has to stop, and this is one of the number one reasons to reject that racist CPC party....

Actually there's another ethnic-sounding caller around noon who angrily wants Harper to ask Martin tonight how is it gonna be twenty years from now: "sisters can marry brothers, mothers can marry sons?"

SSM may be a done deal....but boy, do I have feeling Martin will really pay for it big time.

Oh do lighten up! Anyway, as you said....8 callers do not represent the feeling of the majority. So there is nothing to worry about.

Btw guys, on CTV. Question Period last night, the lady announcer laughingly quipped to the guy-announcer:

"The Liberals are mad at us! They say we are being hard on Martin!"

The guy amusedly answered: "Well no, Martin is being hard on himself with all these scandals!"

And did you get that piece of news clip on tv aired yesterday morning? Layton was campaigning I think in Vancouver and he approached this sweet little old lady on a wheel chair. He bent down to greet her and she wagged a finger in his face, admonishing him:

"Now you stop attacking Harper! He will be leading the government....so you stop attacking him."

I never heard that...that's funny!!! :D

And I bet Layton was like "uh, yeah...we could work with them... :P "