Great Warren Kinsella post.

shoop

Here is a great link from Kinsella. Hope he is right. So many good points here.

Kinsella blog

December 30, 2005 - Clip this one out and put it up on the fridge door. Save it to embarrass me, in case I'm wrong. Here goes.

My spidey sense tells me this: the bottom is NOT going to fall out of the Paul Martin Party campaign.

In fact, my gut, which has generally served me well in politics, tells me the bottom has fallen out ALREADY.

Yes, yes, yes, I know that's not what SES says. I know, too, that everyone is addicted to these SES daily polls like crack. I'm not. I strongly believe their key balloting question - asking folks how they will vote in their LOCAL riding, which ain't how people think during NATIONAL campaigns - distorts the ultimate result.

Beer and popcorn, comparing people to animals, calling opponents unfit for office, offering no policy whatsoever, looking tired and old, bragging in the papers about a negative ad strategy, pretending to be an agent of change, lying about one's record, and - now - an RCMP criminal investigation: all add up to one thing.

Arrogance. Voters despise arrogance. The best way to cure arrogance, in a voter's mind: change. Change, change, change.

The bottom has fallen out. I feel it.

Dithers has three weeks to turn things around. He will need the best ad air war, and the best debate performance, in the history of the planet.

He won't pull it off because, at the end of the day, he's not a leader. Never has been, never will be.

The second part of the campaign - the real campaign - is over before it has started. You read it here first, as they say.

I'm learning to like Kinsella :)

I wouldn't say its in the bag either, I think we will see a major offensive and attack strategy in the latter half. Not only that but Martin is really beginning to look tired and is fumbling more. How old is he - 68? I wonder how he would hold up under another minority gov't, its a lot more stressful than with a majority gov't.

The Libs may want the public to believe they are neck and neck with the CPC as that is exactly what they did last time before they went to the negative scary stuff, it motivates those who are afraid to either change form CPC to Lib or from NDP to Lib.

I don't think it'll work this time though as the last election wasn't that long ago and lots of folks still remember.

What horrible hate compels you to see the destruction of our country? The Conservative/Bloc elements are free in this land to have their own opinion and to work for their goals. But why do you do this?

Canada is a wonderful land. Our people are leading the way for the world in the 21st century... we are so lucky and have so much to share... and yet we have people like you. Do you have no vision?... Is all you can imagine death and disassembly? I don't think you would be so cavalier in expressing your anti-Canadianism if this were a non-cyber situation. Imagine you saying these things in a bar in Halifax, or a church social in Charlottetown or at a Canada Day party in Victoria.

You coward, you shameless hater of the country I love.

Kinsella is a "Chretienite" who got dumped by the Martin regime. In reference to the last election, he wrote in his blog that he and other Chretien loyalists offered to put aside their differences and work with the Martin loyalists for the good of the Liberal Party; they were told to go get stuffed. I don't owe these people anything anymore, Kinsella said. And his bitterness towards the Martin camp has probably only intensified since then, thanks to the Gomery inquiry and the scrutiny that was applied to some of Kinsella's closest colleagues.

While I often enjoy Kinsella's writing, I always remind myself of the lens through which he views all things Martin. In this instance, I sense not just his usual bitterness and contempt for Martin and his crew, but also something new: wishful thinking. As much as I personally would like Kinsella to be right about this, I think he's writing from his heart, not from his head or his gut. I think he wants to see Martin and his associates trashed in the election so that Kinsella and his former (and future) colleagues can take the party back.

Kinsella views Team Martin through that lens, of personal betrayal and contempt. Canadians at large don't have nearly the same level of cynicism towards PMPM that Kinsella has. And so with all due respect to Kinsella and his instincts (and his surprisingly hip musical tastes!) I think he's maybe jumping the gun on this. The background Kinsella has that make everything Team Martin says and does ring hollow is not something that's shared by Joe and Jane Voter. While Joe and Jane Voter might feel growing skepticism towards Martin, I don't think Joe and Jane dislike PMPM in the direct and personal sense that Kinsella does, and I think their votes are probably still up for grabs.

-k

What horrible hate compels you to see the destruction of our country? The Conservative/Bloc elements are free in this land to have their own opinion and to work for their goals. But why do you do this?

Canada is a wonderful land. Our people are leading the way for the world in the 21st century... we are so lucky and have so much to share... and yet we have people like you. Do you have no vision?... Is all you can imagine death and disassembly? I don't think you would be so cavalier in expressing your anti-Canadianism if this were a non-cyber situation. Imagine you saying these things in a bar in Halifax, or a church social in Charlottetown or at a Canada Day party in Victoria.

What the hell is all of this about?! People who want to see the Liberals dethroned are out to destroy the country? Ludicrous.

I am sure that in the final days of the campaign, if things seem desperate for PMPM, he will say the same. Wrap himself in the flag and hope for the best. "VOTE FOR ME! I LOVE CANADA!" "THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY THE COUNTRY I LOVE!!"

It's as August fears. To some English Canadians, Canada is the Liberal Party, and the Liberal Party is Canada. How sad.

-k

There ought to... be clowns.

Send in... the clowns.

Don't bother.... they're heeeeere.

Isn't canuckcat funny? What a brilliant portrayal of a frenzied, brainless Liberal fanatic! Aplause, applause! Why, you would imagine his eyes bugging out, his spittle covering the screen, panting and gasping for breath, tears streaming down his eyes - the perfect example of a nut job from the far left who makes his own cause look bad!

Congratulations again, canuckcat!

Argus,

Let's take a look at what canuckcat said again.

That was the response for posting a link to a successful operative who points out the failings of the Liberal campaign to date.

I honestly think canuckcat was joking. The strange thing is that the post could be serious. It would serve to exemplify how brainwashed the Martinites have become.

Anybody who opposes them is a *coward* who *hates Canada*? wtf

Isn't canuckcat funny? What a brilliant portrayal of frenzied, brainless Liberal fanatic! Aplause, applause! Why, you would imagine his eyes bugging out, his spittle covering the screen, panting and gasping for breath, tears streaming down his eyes  - the perfect example of a nut job from the far left who makes his own cause look bad!

Congratulations again, canuckcat!

Canada is a wonderful land. Our people are leading the way for the world in the 21st century... we are so lucky and have so much to share... and yet we have people like you. Do you have no vision?... Is all you can imagine death and disassembly? I don't think you would be so cavalier in expressing your anti-Canadianism if this were a non-cyber situation. Imagine  you saying these things in a bar in Halifax, or a church social in Charlottetown or at a Canada Day party in Victoria.

Holy smokes, you'd better step out of the house and get some fresh air. The furnace obviously isn't venting properly. At the very least check under the sink for cleaning products left open.

What does taking out a corrupt government that has been in power for 12+ years have to do with hating Canada? Please explain your logic.

Is your post meant to be a joke or satire?

The key for the Conservatives is to avoid over-confidence.

Coming across as arrogant will sink their bright chances of forming the next government.

Actually, I consider the post in question to be more of a lack of rebuttal and frustration that the corrupt Liberals might actually get the boot!!  How sweet it will be when they do get sent into the dustbin.    Yahooo!!

Argus,

Let's take a look at what canuckcat said again.

That was the response for posting a link to a successful operative who points out the failings of the Liberal campaign to date.

I honestly think canuckcat was joking. The strange thing is that the post could be serious. It would serve to exemplify how brainwashed the Martinites have become.

Anybody who opposes them is a *coward* who *hates Canada*? wtf

I congratulate you on being charitable, but I'd suggest you have a look at some of his past postings. I think you'll find he is consistently frenzied, and most unlikely to post anything which is deliberately humourous.

Kinsella blog

December 30, 2005 - Clip this one out and put it up on the fridge door. Save it to embarrass me, in case I'm wrong. Here goes.

My spidey sense tells me this: the bottom is NOT going to fall out of the Paul Martin Party campaign.

In fact, my gut, which has generally served me well in politics, tells me the bottom has fallen out ALREADY.

Yes, yes, yes, I know that's not what SES says. I know, too, that everyone is addicted to these SES daily polls like crack. I'm not. I strongly believe their key balloting question - asking folks how they will vote in their LOCAL riding, which ain't how people think during NATIONAL campaigns - distorts the ultimate result.

Beer and popcorn, comparing people to animals, calling opponents unfit for office, offering no policy whatsoever, looking tired and old, bragging in the papers about a negative ad strategy, pretending to be an agent of change, lying about one's record, and - now - an RCMP criminal investigation: all add up to one thing.

Arrogance. Voters despise arrogance. The best way to cure arrogance, in a voter's mind: change. Change, change, change.

The bottom has fallen out. I feel it.

Dithers has three weeks to turn things around. He will need the best ad air war, and the best debate performance, in the history of the planet.

He won't pull it off because, at the end of the day, he's not a leader. Never has been, never will be.

The second part of the campaign - the real campaign - is over before it has started. You read it here first, as they say.

I hope many aren't over-reacting to this claim. While Kinsella is a talented liberal strategist, his blog has been as anti-Liberal Party as the typical conservative blog. He's a Chretien Liberal and seems to despise Martin's Liberals.

I hope many aren't over-reacting to this claim.  While Kinsella is a talented liberal strategist, his blog has been as anti-Liberal Party as the typical conservative blog.  He's a Chretien Liberal and seems to despise Martin's Liberals.
I have found it interesting that so many Conservative supporters quote Kinsella now. For all of his faults, Martin is better than Chretien by a long shot.

I hope many aren't over-reacting to this claim.   While Kinsella is a talented liberal strategist, his blog has been as anti-Liberal Party as the typical conservative blog.  He's a Chretien Liberal and seems to despise Martin's Liberals.
I have found it interesting that so many Conservative supporters quote Kinsella now. For all of his faults, Martin is better than Chretien by a long shot.

Not to mention Kinsella is the worst kind of sleazy, gutter rolling political backroom operator, with all the ethics of a rabid weasel.

I hope many aren't over-reacting to this claim.   While Kinsella is a talented liberal strategist, his blog has been as anti-Liberal Party as the typical conservative blog.  He's a Chretien Liberal and seems to despise Martin's Liberals.

Not to mention Kinsella is the worst kind of sleazy, gutter rolling political backroom operator, with all the ethics of a rabid weasel.

I agree with that actually, and do agree Martin is better than Chretien by a long shot. Kinsella certainly is not to be trusted but right now both Kinsella and Copps are 'doing good'.... I'm sure if the CPC should win, they'd turn on them in a minute.