A Merry Christmas to all my friends

"A Merry Christmas to all my friends except two." - W.C. Fields

:D

The Grim Reaper? The mayor of Philadelphia?

----

This Christmas message comes by dial-up in a strange corner of the world.

In modern times, Leftists have claimed the spirit of Christmas. Generosity is now supposedly a Leftist ideal. Helping others. Leftists have even turned this "helping" idea into a "freedom" idea, referring to it as "progressive". We should all let individuals live life as they are oriented. This is the Christmas gift of respect.

Well, the idea of generosity is universal - but less than perfect in reality, and so too the idea of freedom. The celebration of a winter solstice has undergone many changes.

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all Men.

These cannot be ordained by God, or by the Intelligent Design of Government Bureaucrats. But we can organize them among ourselves, maybe.

In this spririt, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

My family are atheists, but we have always celebrated Christmas, not in a "big baby Jesus" sense, but in a "goodwill to all" sense. We love all the non-religious, warm-fuzzy secular traditions that have become associated with the season. Santa, a tree, egg-nog, presents, booze, supporting charities, visiting with family, American football, that sort of thing. I love all of it. :)

To everyone, except perhaps W.C. Fields, I wish all the best, in whatever meaning the day holds for you.

-kimmy

Last night the kids wanted to go to church. So our gathering relatives, drunk and all went to the midnight mass. I had not gone to church since I was a corrupted youngster. But, we sang lots of carols, and hymns. It was very special.

I hope you have all been good, and showed your love in the spirit of giving and receiving. If you didn’t receive, well, we have much to be thankful for and there is always new hope. Also know that it does not take much effort to share your love, and it doesn’t cost anything.

Christmas is about peace and loving each other.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

RB

I can't believe this, wishing people Merry CHRISTMAS with disclaimers!!!

Kimmy, come on dear, just do it for what it is. Christmas. It doesn't matter what you believe.

I for one want to wish everybody Merry Christmas straight out. No disclaimers of belief implied or warranted.

I don't really care if you celebrate it or not, I want you to have a great day.

Peace on Earth and goodwill toward men.

Tomorrow the fighting starts again.

Until then, have a good one.

My family are atheists, but we have always celebrated Christmas, not in a "big baby Jesus" sense,

Speaking of the baby Jesus ...

A friend of mine has a 4 year old son who, for the first time this year, was aware of Christmas & so wanted to know what it was all about. She starts in telling him the story of Christmas & the "baby Jesus".

At this point he interjects ... "Is that Jesus Murphy?"

Little pitchers...