Is former PM Chretien turning his back on our democracy?

...tempers have not been so easily soothed by former prime minister Jean Chrétien’s cavalier assessment : “Ten or 15 constituencies in Canada at most? I don’t think it’s a very big problem.” "   Really?  Is Chretien serious?  Does he really understand what he said?  This certainly seems to me like a serious threat to our democracy.  What if an election resulted in a minority government and they were less than ten or fifteen seats short of a majority.  What if this was due to Chinese interference?  Would this not be an earth-shattering consequence of interference in the electoral process?  It appears a difference of a few seats, even ten or less could determine which party forms government or stays in power.  Why would Canadians accept such a situation as a Communist country determining what kind of government Canada has?  Seems unthinkable.

Terry Glavin: Why we may have finally reached a tipping point on Chinese interference (msn.com)

If

50 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why would Canadians accept such a situation as a Communist country determining what kind of government Canada has? 

Well what do you want him to say? Of course he's running cover for the liberals. In my opinion, foreign interference in even 1 constituency is not acceptable. It's not going to do our country any good if Canadians start questioning the integrity of our elections. But I believe that cat's already out of the bag.

• Thanks 1