Even Grit Blogs are Denouncing

rbacon

What are you saying? Mulroney won his day in court and was compensated by the government due to their mishandling of the file. Martin *won* his day in court with Gomery because he couldn't be directly linked to the $1.14 Million dollars of taxpayer money justice Gomery proved the Liberal Party of Canada illegally obtained through the sponsorship programme.

What was it you were saying about airbus? I thought the Liberal line was that Adscam was behind us. Then shouldn't airbus also be?

Funny how a point of view changes everything.

Well that graph speaks very loudly to me as a voter! Something smells fishy!  <_<
That graph tells you nothing - if you think it does you clearly never learned how to analyze data and draw accurate conclusions.

The based on the current information it does appear that the Liberals bungled the handling the PR around the annoucement - in an effort to try and get immediate positive responses from interested lobby groups they informed them that something was coming down. This started the rumour mill which in turn led to mass speculation.

This was not a case of Liberals trying to allow their buddies to make a quick buck. If it was then I am sure we would have know nothing about, no rumours would have been circulating and you can bet that no one would have called CARP to tell them what was going to happen.

Well that graph speaks very loudly to me as a voter! Something smells fishy!  <_<
That graph tells you nothing - if you think it does you clearly never learned how to analyze data and draw accurate conclusions.

The based on the current information it does appear that the Liberals bungled the handling the PR around the annoucement - in an effort to try and get immediate positive responses from interested lobby groups they informed them that something was coming down. This started the rumour mill which in turn led to mass speculation.

This was not a case of Liberals trying to allow their buddies to make a quick buck. If it was then I am sure we would have know nothing about, no rumours would have been circulating and you can bet that no one would have called CARP to tell them what was going to happen.

Well seeing as I teach statistics, based on the FACTS I see from that graph, No one can dispute that there is a HUGE upsurge in the stocks! So, where am I wrong in my thinking? How else can you explain this graph? Oh and Liberals were not allowing their buddies to make a quick buck??

If it was then I am sure we would have know nothing about, no rumours would have been circulating and you can bet that no one would have called CARP to tell them what was going to happen.

This has me laughing so hard I can hardly type! Right the Liberals would have covered it up , but one CARP employee did tell the truth!!

Income Trust Meetings

Finance Minister Ralph Goodale had an hour-long meeting with senior representatives of Canada's investment community at which the issue of income trusts were discussed only hours before his decision on the issue was announced, CanWest News Service has learned.

An official in Goodale's office confirmed Friday that the previously undisclosed meeting with the executive committee of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada took place but said those who attended left the morning meeting ``no wiser'' about the decision that was announced later that day after markets closed.

"Prevoiusly undisclosed meeting" and "at which the issue of income trusts were discussed" doesn't look good for Goodale's answer to the sceptics.

The old "we didn't reveal anything,Nudge,nudge,wink,wink,at the meeting answer."

Could the announcement not have been made before the meeting in order to prevent this type of problem?

Well seeing as I teach statistics, based on the FACTS I see from that graph, No one can dispute that there is a HUGE upsurge in the stocks! So, where am I wrong in my thinking? How else can you explain this graph? Oh and Liberals were not allowing their buddies to make a quick buck??
I feel bad for your students if you really teach statistics. The facts show a huge up swing in trading volume - they offer no insight into why that upswing occurred. In fact, there are many different possible explanations for that huge up swing. If you were willing to do a proper analysis you would list all of possible explanations and look for other facts that supported or excluded those explanations instead of jumping to the conclusion that suits your political prejudices.

BTW - I gave you the an alternate explanation that fits all facts currently available. The Liberals in a bungled attempt to create good PR around the announcements told some lobby groups that something good was coming down. This led to rumors which caused a bunch of day traders to buy stock.

It sounds like the Liberals broke some serious rules regarding disclosure of information and have excaberated their problems by denying that they talked to the guy from CARP.

The fact that the entire affair is so painfully obvious to everyone also supports my explaination. If the objective really was to reward Liberal insiders then on a small number of people would have known and we would have been none the wiser.

There is a saying that I beleive applied here:

Never suspect conspiracy if incompetence could achieve the same result.

BTW - I gave you the an alternate explanation that fits all facts currently available. The Liberals in a bungled attempt to create good PR around the announcements told some lobby groups that something good was coming down. This led to rumors which caused a bunch of day traders to buy stock.

It sounds like the Liberals broke some serious rules regarding disclosure of information and have excaberated their problems by denying that they talked to the guy from CARP.

The fact that the entire affair is so painfully obvious to everyone also supports my explaination. If the objective really was to reward Liberal insiders then on a small number of people would have known and we would have been none the wiser.

There is a saying that I beleive applied here:

Never suspect conspiracy if incompetence could achieve the same result.

Well I love your BUNGLING attempt idea and your Liberals broke serious rules idea too! Are you a closet Conservative?? It's okay in this cutlure of entitlement. The Liberals are so sure they can get away with anything they are ignoring the reaction of the everyday voter so this election should be fun

Funny how a point of view changes everything.

Indeed. If, for example, you're a dedicated Liberal loyalist then no Liberal ever did anything wrong unless they've been convicted in a court of law. And even then their actions do not reflect on the party as a whole.

But any conservative even susupected of wrongdoing is instantly guilty, even without evidence, even if a court finds them not guilty and criticises the government for wasting time, even if they're awarded a big settlement for slander. Still guilty. Because, after all, they're conservative. What's more, their "guilt" reflects on the entire party, because, like, they're all evil, y'know.

Wrong. Us CPCers call the Liberals corrupt, thieves and full of a sense of entitlement. We have 1.14 million pieces of evidence to support all of these charges. Ask Justice Gomery.

All the Liberals have for their attacks are innuendo and rumour...

I think both Libs and CPCers on this post are guilty of the "they're all evil" attack against each other.