Gun control FACTS to ponder

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. (FACT)

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office.

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that would work out?

9 A man who left 600,000 rifles, 2,000 Armored Vehicles and 40 Aircraft for the Taliban is lecturing folks on gun control.

You goose steppers CANNOT dispute ANY of those FACTS.
  • Like 1

The original feminist movement has historically fought for women's rights in areas such as education, employment, and reproductive rights. The Second Amendment does not address these issues.

It addresses a much more important and basic female right. The right to LIVE. God made man, but Sam Colt made all men equal. And for every potential female rape or murder victim who managed to use a gun to prevent the rape or murder, I have to ask you why you think the woman DESERVED to be raped or murdered.

The assassination of JFK happened in a different era, and it is not relevant to the current discussions on gun control. Come to 2023. 

Irrelevant. Guns were killing LONG before the goose stepping gun grabbers tried to turn us into Nazi Germany.

I cannot engage with the language used in the original statement, but I believe it is important to have a fact-based conversation about organizations such as the NRA and Planned Parenthood. Both sides talk about the other side as being the devil. Boring mob politics. More complex than just 0vs1. 

Facts are facts. Margaret Sanger's FINAL SOLUTION company received government money and KILLED BABIES. The NRA killed no one and received not one red cent. Goose steppers blame the NRA for EVERY gun death in this country. So the statement is relevant, whether you like it or not.

(Just look at the retards here who try to link abortion with school shootings.)

I disagree with fear-mongering statements about a possible civil war. And even then, this is cyber-warfare time. By the time you might reach your gun, some eye glasses student from Berkeley can hack your computer and turn your power off or can do other creative things. So, a 2023 civil war, is not what you grew up with and it will never happen. Too many movies and again, fear mongering. 

It's true that today's pampered, entitled generation doesn't have the balls to engage in ANYTHING the even narrowly resembles the original Civil War. We DO have paramilitary terrorist hate groups like ANTIFA and BLM who prey on innocent, unarmed citizens, but they run like rabbits when ONE person pulls out blue steel.

There's no such thing as too many movies, since government isn't requiring us to spend a penny on any of them. I do find it funny when you left wingers feel uncomfortable about certain MASCULINE proclivities, you automatically assume it has something to do with movies.  I could easily say the trannies are all a product of too many pedophile/homosexual movies, but that would be dishonest. Let's just say that for now men are still men in America. And so far, the limp wristed f@gs haven't taken over, even though one of them is a failing transportation secretary.

I support background checks for firearms and other areas such as immigration, Voter ID, and candidates running for office. However, the checks should be reasonable and the same for everyone regardless of political affiliation.

So you're thinking that the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the goose stepping left over requiring photo IDs has something to do with political parties? Is it because (a) Democrats cannot win elections without cheating and voting more than once or is it (b) Democrats are too stupid to obtain a photo ID.

Referring to goose steppers as goose steppers, fortunately, is not limited to the superior educated state of Florida. Most of America thinks left wingers are Nazis.

(You DID respond to each talking point without too much changing of the subject. That puts you in almost a different species class from most of the goose steppers here.)

Edited by reason10

Listen, Hulk of the Internet, first of all: open your mind. Just because someone has different opinions on those points doesn't make them a "left-winger". Your inability to grasp complexity leads you to put me in a fake camp and try to divert the conversation. You only addressed the disagreements, the agreements don't matter for dogmatics like you.

You're a left winger. And apparently you're ashamed of it. You gave it away in this post with that ignorant dig at "movies" (which is almost a direct quote from the Liberal Goose Steppers Playbook.) As far as complexity goes, that's ANOTHER word from the Liberal Goose Steppers Playbook. You here something you don't like and you assume that YOUR left wing side is the "complex" side and those opposed are childishly "simple."  You give your side of the aisle away at so many turns. Maybe it's because I've been around a long time and have spent a lot of time on political message boards. I KNOW your lingo.

Secondly, "masculine". Brother, I grew up in Europe and even shared that I used to go to football matches as a borderline fanatic. If people in my circle caught you with even a small weapon (knifes at the time), you would be banned from the stadium for a few games at best. By the real men in the group. Why? Because real men don't need weapons to settle things, one of the people used to say. 

Another ploy from the Liberal Goose Steppers Playbook. Somehow you are an expert at "masculinity" because you grew up in Europe. To bring you up to speed with how ridiculous that sounds, if I were to go to Texas and claim I knew all about barbecue because I grew up in North Carolina, I'd face fistfights at every turn. As far as real men needing weapons, again another liberal dig. I mentioned the word "Masculinity" (which by the way you liberals refer to as "toxic masculinity) and now we're into weapons. Of course, there is NO one more manly than a SOLDIER who has volunteered and is in COMBAT with a rifle.

You may have grown up with a different definition of being "masculine". Personally, I believe that guns are related to your constitution, not to being "masculine". That is just Internet Hulk language.

Guns are related to the Bill Of Rights based on the American Revolution and how small pockets of militias (very unorganized groups of free gun owners) turned the tide. Thus our Second Amendment. It was written LONG before any Hulk cartoon was ever invented. (Is it just me or is KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY becoming a rapidly CONSERVATIVE concept, one that liberals are almost physically allergic to?)

Anyhow, maybe start some kickboxing. I do it daily and don't need a "piece" to feel safe walking the streets. I do it right here, have a station set up and use YouTube to train with short time videos, daily they update it, some technique I know already. You are choosing the lazy part, the "piece", it seems. 

ANOTHER part of the Liberal Goose Steppers Handbook. Somehow you understand masculinity better than a conservative because you watch and emulate Chuck Norris movies and TV shows. To bring you up to speed, I haven't been in a fight since the 8th Grade and I have a sheer ABHORRENCE of all firearms. Don't want them anywhere around me. Will not have them in my house. But at the same time I recognize the United States Constitution and have no problem with my neighbor owning all the military style fully automatic weapons he wants.

I don't know HOW I could have stirred up such violent emotions in you. This is just discussion on a political subject but you apparently want to make it personal. And this is the WORST place for you to do that.

Still, you've decided to engage in this topic. The other left wingers here are probably terrified to enter this pit.

Edited by reason10

Alright, please, stop it, you attack people daily on this board and show no respect around. 

Actually I give mainstream conservative opinions (the kind MOST of America agree with.) When the goose steppers attack me, I put them in their place. It probably sounds like an attack, but to an liberal who gets corrected when he thinks 2 plus three equals six and thinks the correction is an attack, I can't be held responsible for the reactions of the children here.

Now, you are going to lecture me? I think this exchange we had here the first 2 was the productive part, the rest is just you again going back to the same old.

Lecture? I get PAID to lecture. I don't lecture at this place.

I was merely having a DISCUSSION. You made some points and I gave you a response. You need to not be so sensitive about this. I'm not that important here. (Neither are you.) We don't exist. So you can't possibly take something personally from something that doesn't exist.

DISAGREEMENT is healthy. DEBATE is healthy. If someone disagrees with my mainstream conservative views (which also are those of the majority of America) I don't take it personally. To do that, I would have to admit that you and the other liberals here actually exist in a reality other than typed text.

(You DO exist in the real world, but you and everyone else here-me included--have sent the message that existence in the real world is none of anyone's business here.)

Edited by reason10

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Not sensitive at all, believe me. 

At the end of the day, you do what you want. I've learnt about you, long time ago, to know that you can't talk reasonably more than 2 posts before labelling and throwing words around. You can't control your impulses with the keyboard. So, who is more emotional, then?! I am just playing your game, as a reaction. Try again, without labelling, hold up without gutter language and then you will see, we can talk pages. 

Moving forward -> to improve conversation, I think every time you do a thread, will respond to it reasonably, and then move along as soon as you resort to the same old. In a way, is not about you, just want to show people that some can be civilized even on an internet board. Even on this virtual parking lot, one can do so much to exchange ideas. 

See you soon. ?

Labeling? Throwing words around? Uh, fella, WELCOME TO THE POLITICAL MESSAGE BOARD UNIVERSE. EVERYBODY labels and throws words around. Here words are all we've got.  You started the LABELING with the Hulk stuff and Movies stuff. I responded and apparently you got your feelings hurt. You're taking this place way too seriously. In other words, you're acting JUST LIKE A LIBERAL. 

As far as lecturing someone on how to improve conversation, I already get that. Just AGREE with you and you get your participation trophy and you feel just fine. Problem is, this is a political message board. Here we DEBATE. And you aren't always going to get that participation trophy for being Mister Kumbayah. Here your opinions are in the marketplace of ideas. You're competing with other people who may have different ideas than you.

And your emotional responses LABEL you just fine.

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I responded to you for conversation purposes, with my opinions. No chance of a civil war in America, are you kidding, in 2023?! Could not handle some satire about "movies", and you followed by your response, "goose steppers", "you left wingers".

---> then I responded in kind with "Hulk", you don't get to use sugar (keyboard) anymore, without opposition. And I also know the troll game, which is, you want to leave the last comment, always.

I told you my plan, will respond on your new threads, however as soon as you start with the same old, then you will be talking with yourself, or 1-3 of your brethren. That's all you want, and here you are talking about competition and opposing ideas. 

Speaking of movies, that's a bad example to try to label the right with. It would seem the last ten years of movies have TOTALLY SUCKED THE BIG ONE. Conservatives can't remember any really good movies lately. Right now the best drama of the movie industry is when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the awards ceremony. That was better drama than ANY of the crap released that year.

Even the overly rehashed super hero movies suck. The last Batman actually had the criminal as the good guy. Bob Kane is probably turning over in his grave. The last Rambo movie was REALLY sad, same with the last Rocky movie.

Not to mention the WAY overused Marvel Comics legends and spending millions of dollars in rehashing them on the silver screen.

Conservatives aren't getting ANY leadership today from the f@gg crap Hollywood is spewing.

Start a thread on how much we hate new movies. I'll be the first to log on.

On 4/22/2023 at 3:42 PM, herbie said:

Let's all just post 9 irrelevant trivia and pretend they have something to do with our supposition.
Then claim everone else is a loony

I just posted FACTS. Your ignorance and stupidity doesn't suddenly make them not facts. All you do is show your ignorance and stupidity.

There is NOTHING trivial about FACTS. Had you not dropped out of elementary school maybe someone could have taught you the meaning of the word FACT.

On 4/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, Contrarian said:

I have an original idea, not any idea, will do a poll, to debate the following: Did Hollywood changed society, or society changed Hollywood? 

You see, when people set aside the mob politics, ideas come. 

Try to leave the homophobic language, Hollywood was good for conservatives for so long, so now, the left has their own way until it hits the pocket books and then more conservatives movies will be made. Is like a yoyo game, unless you think is some sort of effort against conservatives

Will start that thread and you can rant there, if you want, might be even a good debate: 
https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/44259-did-hollywood-change-society-through-an-organized-political-effort-or-did-society-change-hollywood-through-their-change-of-behaviours/

There is no such thing as homophobia. Homos are nothing to fear. (Kinda hard to injure a human with a limp wrist.)

Hollywood was NEVER good for conservatives, probably because for a lot of its existence Hollywood tried to be as non political as possible. Yes, California's finest economy and greatest expansion of its economy took place under a conservative Governor Reagan.  And since then,. it has been sliding down the shitter.

Movies have had a lot of forces working against them. You have to be a certain age to understand this.

Until a period of time in the Sixties, the movie theater was the ONLY place a person could catch a full length film. I'm old enough to remember when NBC began its "Saturday NIght At The Movies" series. One of the first movies in that realm was "The Day  the Earth Stood Still." I remember watching it when I was a kid.

Even during that time, there were only three networks, mostly giving us hour long TV dramas, sitcoms, biased news and sports. It wasn't until cable came along and really expanded the movie choices on television. (Yes, networks began running movies but they were littered with commercials and censored.)

The cheaper VHS machine further made movies easier, along with the invention of the video store.

Yes, Hollywood was forced to spend millions of dollars on such blockbusters as the Star Wars franchise, as was as those from Stallone and Schwarzennegger, in order to compete with that shift in the market. Old Three Stooges shorts were getting more attention than the 90th Marvel Comics remake.

I'm thinking might have been 15 years ago when Hollywood came completely out of the closet and began littering the silver screen with total crap. At that time, Internet technology gave us all the good movies we wanted at the touch of a download app.

Look at this very expensive, very top heavy industry. It's dying. Movie theaters barely make ends meet (since their concession stand is their ONLY way to make money after paying for the flick.) Why would someone deliberately pay a fortune in ticket prices and get price gouged for popcorn that costs more  per ounce than filet mignon, when that someone could sit home and view the best movies of all time.

With so many new movies showing homo crap in our faces, is it so surprising that nobody goes to movies and nobody watches THE OSCARS?

(I'll give you an even more egregious example. It's likely the best movie of the year could be Cocaine Bear. I watched it, probably because it had the only truly ORIGINAL plot, and couldn't believe how pi$$ poorly it was made. The acting was awful; the scenery cheap looking and the special effects looked like a third grader could produce them on a chromebook.)

Edited by reason10

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

There is no such thing as homophobia.

Hollywood was NEVER good for conservatives

You only post total LIES

Until a period of time in the Sixties, the movie theater was the ONLY place a person could catch a full length film

And not only have a selective memory, ya don't have a clue how TV drew in a fan base. Lie to convince yourself ignorance = facts.

Like your thrown out ex-President your take of Make Americans Ugly Again = "greatness" belief represented true Americans was fun to mock and laugh at for a while but is now just sickening and depressing and the World just wants you to STFU and go away.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, reason10 said:
1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. (FACT)

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office.

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that would work out?

9 A man who left 600,000 rifles, 2,000 Armored Vehicles and 40 Aircraft for the Taliban is lecturing folks on gun control.

You goose steppers CANNOT dispute ANY of those FACTS.

All rubbish and your reasoning isn't even entertained in my state of NY

You only post total LIES.

I don't lie. I don't have to. I'm right and you Nazis are wrong.

Like your thrown out ex-President your take of Make Americans Ugly Again = "greatness" belief represented true Americans was fun to mock and laugh at for a while but is now just sickening and depressing and the World just wants you to STFU and go away.

It is true a lot of the limp wristed Socialist world wants American to shut up and go away, that is, until the world needs the United States to bail it out militarily or in the form of our foreign aid. Then we are angels in the eyes of the world. Frankly, I'm like LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP. Pull our troops home and let the world iron out it's own menstral cycles. And if the word needs American blood shed on its shores, PAY US.

Trump did that and brought PEACE to the Middle East for the first time in history. And election fraud wound up putting American military hardware in the hands of the TALIBAN, just like the Kenyan Village !diot put American military hardware in the hands of ISIS.

Frankly, I'd give the rest of the world the finger, especially those rag heads who want to price gouge us for oil when (a) we HAVE more oil than they do and (b) we TAUGHT those camel jockeys how to use that oil in the first place.

I'm with you. SCREW the rest of the world. Leave us alone and wallow in your own self induced schitt.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:33 AM, Contrarian said:
  1. I suggest adding more educational material to raise awareness about texting and gun safety.
  2. Instead of passing new laws, I believe there should be stricter enforcement of current gun control laws.
  3. The original feminist movement has historically fought for women's rights in areas such as education, employment, and reproductive rights. The Second Amendment does not address these issues.
  4. I agree that gun violence is often committed by criminals who obtain firearms illegally. The underworld always finds a way, "business" is coming from South America. Seen enough material and documentaries to understand. 
  5. The assassination of JFK happened in a different era, and it is not relevant to the current discussions on gun control. Come to 2023. 
  6. I cannot engage with the language used in the original statement, but I believe it is important to have a fact-based conversation about organizations such as the NRA and Planned Parenthood. Both sides talk about the other side as being the devil. Boring mob politics. More complex than just 0vs1. 
  7. I support background checks for firearms and other areas such as immigration, Voter ID, and candidates running for office. However, the checks should be reasonable and the same for everyone regardless of political affiliation.
  8. I disagree with fear-mongering statements about a possible civil war. And even then, this is cyber-warfare time. By the time you might reach your gun, some eye glasses student from Berkeley can hack your computer and turn your power off or can do other creative things. So, a 2023 civil war, is not what you grew up with and it will never happen. Too many movies and again, fear mongering. 
  9. National security is essential, and decisions that compromise it, such as leaving weapons for the Taliban, definitely deserves a review. 

Regarding the final rant, bad marketing. ?

1. that's a dumb idea. Everyone knows that teens and tweens don't take advice very well. 

2. Depends on the laws. Some states want to burn the 2nd Amendment to the ground, and that sucks for citizens who are into responsible ownership of firearms. 

3. The 2nd Amendment is the great equalizer for women. It turns what would have been a complete ass kicking into an instant neutralizer. 

4. Also agree. 

5. A gun was used to murder JFK, just like guns are used to murder people today. It's completely relevant. 

6. The NRA is backed by the Constitution - Planned Parenthood is not. 

7. Agree. 

8. You give way too much credit to technology. Why do you think preppers go off the grid? 

9. Agreed. 

1. So? you find better approaches, you innovate. 

There is no need for a "better" approach. There are enough laws on the books now. If a teenager obtains his/her parent's firearms, there's a law against that, so parent and child should share a cell.

3. I am saying that is not the full picture, just saying that the second amendment protects women: It is not accurate. 

Actually, GUNS protect women. The Second Amendment simply recognizes their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. (Simple as that.

6. Both organizations are legal and have the right to operate under the laws of the United States, obviously if some states make other decisions, is up to them, not up to Michael Savage and you. 

What does Michael Savage have to do with this? How is he a  part of this conversation? You couldn't think of any other people, (like the vast majority of:American who agree with that statement). Planned Babykillinghood IS FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT.; It kills human babies. The NRA is NOT FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT. It has killed no one. And Michael Savage isn't the ONLY person who knows this.

You seem to be fixated on Michael Savage. I'll bet you still have posters of Rush Limbaugh that you throw darts at while masturbating.