Toronto’s first sovereign, Indigenous-owned cannabis shop aims to fight ‘economic genocide’ and is operating without provincial licensing

Infidel Dog

Mississaugas of the Credit Medicine Wheel, an Indigenous-owned and operated cannabis store, is more than just a dispensary: it’s an attempt to fight back against “economic genocide,” its owner and operator said.

The store, operated by Ken Hughes of Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, is sovereign, meaning it’s operating outside of the scope of Ontario’s cannabis regulations and without a license — marking the first time a sovereign cannabis store has opened in Toronto.

While Medicine Wheel appears to be Toronto’s first, it isn’t the only sovereign cannabis dispensary in Canada. A map of similar stores compiled by the website Dispensing Freedom shows more than 250 sovereign shops operating coast-to-coast."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/10/01/torontos-first-sovereign-indigenous-owned-cannabis-shop-aims-to-fight-economic-genocide-and-is-operating-withoutprovincial-licensing.html

Me? No. I've never cared much about dope, myself.

I hear some people do though. I thought this story might interest them.

I had heard there were still black market pot shops and delivery services around.

And apparently even some indians are taking advantage of the opportunities. The Red Star seemed interested in that angle. 

What on earth is "economic genocide" though?

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DACHSHUND

• babetteteets went up a rank
      Rookie
    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • paradox34 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • phoenyx75 earned a badge