Canadians looking for any good news story during pandemic

Military spending has gone up from 1.29 percent of GDP to 1.45 percent this year, and for most Canadians including myself thats good news right.....

Yet the figures show the expected increase isn't the result of a new infusion of cash for the Canadian Armed Forces this year as spending is expected to hit $30 billion, up just over $1 billion from 2019.

Rather, NATO predicts Canadian GDP will shrink by about eight per cent this year as COVID-19 continues to ravage the economy.

I know i to got excited there for a few brief seconds.... It should also be noted that new 1 billion dollars this year was spent of Covid supplies for DND, sooo no new money for equipment, or for that matter old used equipment like we like to do...well there is always next decade....after we have paid off Justin bill...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/canada-jumps-closer-to-military-spending-target-thanks-to-covid-19-s-economic-damage/ar-BB1ag5eF?ocid=msedgntp

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 4:03 PM, Army Guy said:

It should also be noted that new 1 billion dollars this year was spent of Covid supplies for DND, sooo no new money for equipment, or for that matter old used equipment like we like to do...

LMAO. They probably wouldn't have even gotten C19 supplies if the Gov't didn't think that making soldiers walk around with C19 masks on was good for the fear-mongering effort.

well there is always next decade....after we have paid off Justin bill...

Decade? Lol, when he planted 2 billion trees, were they money trees? Wait a sec, those aren't even being planted. It was just a fake promise to Greta and his sycophant idiots.

I guess Army Guy was born in a millionaire family. When he was a kid, he used to go to toy stores with dad every boxing day. When he piled all sorts of toy tanks, fighter jets, warships, missiles, nukes....into his shopping cart, he never needed to worry about answering questions from dad why he needed these toys and on what he planned to use them.?

Edited by xul
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, xul said:

I guess Army Guy was born in a millionaire family. When he was a kid, he used to go to toy stores with dad every boxing day. When he piled all sorts of toy tanks, fighter jets, warships, missiles, nukes....into his shopping cart, he never needed to worry about answering questions from dad why he needed these toys and on what he planned to use them.?

I had to go back and check to see if I had written my post in Russian, some times i do that and it gets lost in translation....  Because no where did i mention not having to answer to the government of Canada about purchases for our military, and the last time i checked the government decides how they are going to be used not the Military. unless i missed something in my democracy 101 class. 

But then again you must agree with our government it is OK to make political points on the deaths of our soldiers, because it is to expensive to purchased the right equipment for the job they sent us to do, i mean we can always get more soldiers right. and those that bring up the point are chickenhawks.

Canada strolled into NATO HQ and signed an agreement to promise to spend 2 % of our GDP, and then less than a week later set up a media event and told the world ain't no way we are going to do that....Why even sign it if you had no intentions of keeping that promise, because Justin was scare to look like an idiot while at NATO HQ, instead he waited until he was back in Canada to make that announcement surrounded by his left wing buddies.

Canada lies these young women and men everyday, to keep them motivated to risk their lives by making false promises and outright lies... thats the nation we live in, thats the government you support. one that thinks it is perfectly OK to send our men and women into combat with out the tools needed knowing it is going to cost lives.... and if they are will to do that to them, what thinks your any different... Don't want to pay for equipment then disband the military, have someone else do it, you won't do that because the left is to chickenshit, give up the right to play general , no way...

On 10/29/2020 at 11:44 AM, Army Guy said:

I had to go back and check to see if I had written my post in Russian, some times i do that and it gets lost in translation....  Because no where did i mention not having to answer to the government of Canada about purchases for our military, and the last time i checked the government decides how they are going to be used not the Military. unless i missed something in my democracy 101 class. 

The joke was questioning your method of asking more military spending rather than your right. For example: if you were a worker in a factory and you felt you needed more tools to do your job, you could not just walk into your manager's office and ask him "I need $10,000 to buy tools and equipment." You needed to specific what kinds of tools and equipment you needed and explain why you needed them. If you were a general of RCAF and you wanted to buy F-35, you needed to explain to Canadian why you needed them. An explanation like "A F-35 looks pretty cool" isn't appropriate unless most Canadians are fan boys and girls of fighter-jets. "I want to use them in Afghanistan" is also a lame excuse since Taliban has no radar which makes F-35's stealth features useless, etc.

But then again you must agree with our government it is OK to make political points on the deaths of our soldiers, because it is to expensive to purchased the right equipment for the job they sent us to do, i mean we can always get more soldiers right. and those that bring up the point are chickenhawks.

Canada lies these young women and men everyday, to keep them motivated to risk their lives by making false promises and outright lies... thats the nation we live in, thats the government you support. one that thinks it is perfectly OK to send our men and women into combat with out the tools needed knowing it is going to cost lives.... and if they are will to do that to them, what thinks your any different... Don't want to pay for equipment then disband the military, have someone else do it, you won't do that because the left is to chickenshit, give up the right to play general , no way...

After the fiasco of the Battle of Stanlingrad, German boy Donald Trump was drafted into Waffen-SS and sent to France. “My boy has bone spurs on his heel, which would endanger him when he needed to run from enemy,” his mom were so worried that she consulted a Nazi doctor then mailed the best medicine for spur, quinine, to her son. A few weeks later, the mom received a letter from the son:

"Dear mom, I write this letter because I have 2 news to tell you. The good one is my bone spur is healed. Thank you for the medicine. The bad one is my CO told me yesterday, since I no longer had the spur on my heal, I was qualified to transfer to the Eastern Front. He told me there needed men because the last transfers had all died...."?

You know why most, I mean not only Canadian but of most NATO members' governments,  don't want to invest in their military too much? Because NATO is a communism organization, which means if you have more equipment more ability, you will have to take on more difficult jobs without being paid more, and you will have greater chance to die. And after all, these wars aren't their wars but US wars. Why bother?

Canada strolled into NATO HQ and signed an agreement to promise to spend 2 % of our GDP, and then less than a week later set up a media event and told the world ain't no way we are going to do that....Why even sign it if you had no intentions of keeping that promise, because Justin was scare to look like an idiot while at NATO HQ, instead he waited until he was back in Canada to make that announcement surrounded by his left wing buddies.

If you paid attention to leaders of other NATO countries or even those people who work for Trump in the White House, you would find out that JT wasn't the only two-faced man among them.....and I suggest you to think why.

Since Canada no longer have strong arm industry, increasing military spending means you bleed your economy to feed those which have strong arm industries. This is why US always wants other NATO members to increase their defense budgets. 

Edited by xul

9 hours ago, xul said:

The joke was questioning your method of asking more military spending rather than your right. For example: if you were a worker in a factory and you felt you needed more tools to do your job, you could not just walk into your manager's office and ask him "I need $10,000 to buy tools and equipment." You needed to specific what kinds of tools and equipment you needed and explain why you needed them. If you were a general of RCAF and you wanted to buy F-35, you needed to explain to Canadian why you needed them. An explanation like "A F-35 looks pretty cool" isn't appropriate unless most Canadians are fan boys and girls of fighter-jets. "I want to use them in Afghanistan" is also a lame excuse since Taliban has no radar which makes F-35's stealth features useless, etc.

If only it was that easy, lets start with the obvious first, Do you really  think that our generals have not asked for equipment, laid out the when , why, how, etc.... The government has made procurement to complicated for a reason, That is to delay any purchases for years on end, the replacement for the F-18 has been on going for more than 20 years.. think about that for a minute... Next Canadians like you and me have no say in this matter at all...

2 and DND does not say we want this F-35, not at all, the create a spec sheet on it is listed everything they want this equipment to do, how fast, how big, how how far can it fly etc....  NO where do they say we want the F-35... these specs go to a civilian dept called PWSG they read the specs daft a call up to the worlds military industrial complex, once enough bids have been submitted  they pick 4 or 5 examples for DND to test, DND scores each piece, the top piece is then sent to government, It is the "PMO office" that says what equipment is purchased, they decide from an entirely different set of rules, will it be built in Canada, how many Canadians will be employed and for how long....Will they pay offsets, will there be any tech and R&D trade offs and a few more, it is the PMOs office that has the final say...DND may say they want the F-35 as it is the best plane out there, but it is the PMO that gets to pick...Do you think the Airforce wanted to buy someone's used F-18 I don't think so...that was Justin

You know why most, I mean not only Canadian but of most NATO members' governments,  don't want to invest in their military too much? Because NATO is a communism organization, which means if you have more equipment more ability, you will have to take on more difficult jobs without being paid more, and you will have greater chance to die. And after all, these wars aren't their wars but US wars. Why bother?

This is a load of crap, most have started to make deep investments in their military, because there capabilities have eroded to the point they are ineffective for todays threats.. well almost everyone, except Canada...and a FEW other nations the Majority are increasing funding....

NATO is a defensive pact, no one gets paid, it's a signed defensive agreement, and just becasue you have a lot of equipment does not mean jack shit, Canada has barely any equipment yet we still got one of the harder jobs... compare to countries like Germany, France etc....So that theory is full of crap...My point is most of our country does not give a rats ass about it's military, and it does not mind sending soldiers into combat without the proper equipment...Becasue they want it that way... because we are cheap bastards... and we need more social programs that give us money 

If you paid attention to leaders of other NATO countries or even those people who work for Trump in the White House, you would find out that JT wasn't the only two-faced man among them.....and I suggest you to think why.

Since Canada no longer have strong arm industry, increasing military spending means you bleed your economy to feed those which have strong arm industries. This is why US always wants other NATO members to increase their defense budgets. 

Like I said, most of the NATO countries are increasing funding to their military with the goal of reaching 2 % of GDP...there are only a few hold outs, one should add no G-7 countries  are holding out...as for them being two faced  they are all 2 faced as far as i'm concerned... Another theory busted

That was a choice made by past governments to slowly get rid of our military industrial base, Keeping our ship building capability alive is costing us 3 times the price to have it made overseas.... again another choice our government has decided to take... when you sign onto a defensive pact in todays world you need to atleast be able to honor it... and if that means buying foreign so be it...Europe has a huge military industrial complex , you don't find much American hardware in Europe ... Another theory busted....

• Like 1