A.I. and the fear of Middle America

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Intellectuals concerned over people with lower intelligence and what to do about them is nothing new.  

What happens when AI keeps getting smarter and eventually leaves intellectuals behind?  Will it obsess over the apparent immorality of people living off its tit for free? Will it wax eloquently in forums like this about the need for billions of unemployed humans to continue sharpening their pencils and rolling up their sleeves if they ever expect to get ahead?

I guess I'm wondering what sort of qualities and values AI will use to judge our justification for existing? Will our betters program these in or will AI just be left to figure this out on its own?  I often think I'd rather take a chance on the latter to tell you the truth. 

Steve Banon said once: Either we will have a left wing or a right wing populist revolution based exactly on what you wrote. That's because a lot of people when they get afraid they jump into groups, that right wing populist was Trump, if the democrat establishment machine was not that powerful, we might've had a left wing populist: the guy that has 2 houses and 1 cottage, man of the people: Bernie Sanders.

What is wrong with pointing to the individual that he is capable of change ? and that is the responsibility of the younger generations to talk to the affected generations and let them know it will be ok and assist them in different views. Why always the easy route: to cry out for the government to tax those "capitalistic pigs" that dared to have ideas.

I wonder if you would think the same if you were in a business that put a lot of money on the line to invest in this technology.

Edited by Independent1986

Farmers in "Middle America" are using AI and automation in many ways, from GPS/RFID tags on livestock to drones and deep learning algorithms.   Farm equipment now uses GPS coordinates and programming for higher yields.

Precision agriculture uses AI technology to aid in detecting diseases in plants, pests, and poor plant nutrition on farms. ... In addition to ground data, farmers are also taking to the sky to monitor the farm. Computer vision and deep learning algorithms process data captured from drones flying over their fields.   - Forbes

Trimble-Guidance-Systems.jpg?quality=100

F2.png

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau and Scheer are your problem, and are insignificant gnats compared to Trump.

That's why you obsess over him....even hate him (Trump).

I don't obsess on him, nor hate him. I feel complete contempt for a man without morals, ethics or values. Apparently you have far lower standards, which says nothing good about what kind of man you are.

45 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

Steve Banon said once: Either we will have a left wing or a right wing populist revolution based exactly on what you wrote. That's because a lot of people when they get afraid they jump into groups, that right wing populist was Trump, if the democrat establishment machine was not that powerful, we might've had a left wing populist: the guy that has 2 houses and 1 cottage, man of the people: Bernie Sanders.

Okay but what about the political leanings of AI(s)?  I'm assuming there'll be more than one of these with the lefties threatening to merge into one big collective, they just can't help themselves I guess, and the right-wing ones combating the collective while also dealing with it often in spite of other independent AIs they're competing against.

Yeah, the more things change as they say.

BTW these things will all have a plug we can just pull right?  I mean its like when Orwell was asked "George, how do we prevent what you warned against from happening"? "Just don't let it happen" he said although I'm betting they left out the part where he added, "duh". 

1 hour ago, Independent1986 said:

I am not even going to search for another graph. From 2016 to 2020 let's suppose Trump did something to change the situation it will not make a difference because from 2010 to 2020 the advance in AI increased the productivity as well by way more. 

If you haven't figured it out yet his only real interest in a discussion is to go "Murka! Rah! Canada sucks!"

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

You discounted the huge role which Entrepreneurs/Proprietors play, in the unemployment rate and jobs' frontiers?

The Internet as a business tool/platform has allowed for an unprecedented amount of workers to leave the workforce as, employees, in order to become business owners.  I don't see where your analysis accounted for that.

Few of those people are rolling out of a small town high school without post-secondary education.

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't obsess on him, nor hate him. I feel complete contempt for a man without morals, ethics or values. Apparently you have far lower standards, which says nothing good about what kind of man you are.

Attacking me will not change your demonstrated hatred of Trump.    I have never seen an American president dominate the collective Canadian psyche in such a way...it is remarkable.    Trump is just another U.S. president.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Okay but what about the political leanings of AI(s)?  I'm assuming there'll be more than one of these with the lefties threatening to merge into one big collective, they just can't help themselves I guess, and the right-wing ones combating the collective while also dealing with it often in spite of other independent AIs they're competing against.

Yeah, the more things change as they say.

BTW these things will all have a plug we can just pull right?  I mean its like when Orwell was asked "George, how do we prevent what you warned against from happening"? "Just don't let it happen" he said although I'm betting they left out the part where he added, "duh". 

I think what the AI will do will force people to think outside of their union safe spaces and increase creativity. I have faith in the individual, they just need to stay away from agitators that tells them every day how bad a capitalist is.

Well we all know that human beings will never accept the minimalistic way of life, I mean like come on the ideas of Karl Marx made more victims than the ideas of religion. The definition of insanity is to try the same thing all over again expecting different results. I mean you probably would have to change the human DNA.

BUT …. here comes your opportunity:

The AI maybe after researching Mr. Marx they will be inclined to agree with his ideas and will send AI police to arrest all the capitalists. There is hope.

All workers (AI and Humans) Unite !

Edited by Independent1986

11 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

I think what the AI will do will force people to think outside of their union safe spaces and increase creativity. I have faith in the individual, they just need to stay away from agitators that tells them every day how bad a capitalist is.

:rolleyes:  That didn't take long, I told you you'd regard me as a commie didn't I? :lol: 

Well we all know that human beings will never accept the minimalistic way of life, I mean like come on the ideas of Karl Marx made more victims than the ideas of religion. The definition of insanity is to try the same thing all over again expecting different results. I mean you probably would have to change the human DNA.

I certainly didn't mean to imply we'll all be happy with just a rice bowl a pair of pyjamas and an AK47 to call our own and I'm quite certain the sorts of government you think I subscribe to would have me executed ASAP for cultivating a desire to outlaw in-camera governance of any kind. 

I'm simply talking about circumstances causing human beings to adapt which often results in how they think about things.  It's insane to think change isn't inevitable nonetheless there's rarely a government willing to change its stance towards its presumptions of a right to secrecy without resisting that stance to the death, all to often someone else's.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Few of those people are rolling out of a small town high school without post-secondary education.

I disagree.

Especially when you reflect on low-education careers like White Asians and White HISP have who still realize that Canada and the USA is their's now ...low-education LGBT as well ... the services industries including ghetto cosmotologists physical therapists 'hot-food trucks' storefront restaurants then throw in Middle-America's caterers or especially Avon entrepreneurs? Man. Listen. 

Edited by Tdot

17 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

BUT …. here comes your opportunity:

The AI maybe after researching Mr. Marx they will be inclined to agree with his ideas and will send AI police to arrest all the capitalists. There is hope.

All workers (AI and Humans) Unite !

More likely an AI, being logical, would examine history, see that Marxism and its numerous variations had failed miserably everywhere, and shoot all the Marxists.

11 hours ago, Argus said:

More likely an AI, being logical, would examine history, see that Marxism and its numerous variations had failed miserably everywhere, and shoot all the Marxists.

And after shooting all the lefties the AI will swing it guns towards the righties and ask "So where's the upside, what's in you for me"?