The left outed once again

There is no lie to big to tell for the left, and no bodies they won't walk over in their hateful tizzy fits against the president. They are the lowest of the low and shame on the hysterical media and those who fell for their uniformed reports.

In fact, the primary responsibility for the disaster response lies with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco and other local officials.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2.../4/151327.shtml

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the right is in full on ass-covering mode (God forbid anyone dare question the ability of Dear Leader).

Here's the thing: this was bigger than any local authority could possibly handle, which is precisely why there is a federal government. Several states were affected, hundreds of communities and thousands of people. ANd while local authorities were being overwhelmed and struggling through a lack of resources, the feds were twiddling their thumbs.

Certainly, there was no recitence on the part of the feds last year when they stepped in to help citizens of Florida who were, uh, unaffected by Hurricane Frances.

And now? Spin. A true leader wopuld step up, admit failure and take responsibility. In what is a clear pattern throughout his tenure, Bush has done the opposite, blaming everyone in sight. It's no surprise then that the Red State Guard has followed suit.

It's pretty funny watching the party of personal responsibility go through so many contortions to blame everybody, even the victims, for their own leadership failures. Funny that is, until you realize that people died while the feds sat on their hands.

The facts are the facts BD. I know the left doesn't like it but that's the way it is. Making up stories policies and rules after the fact that don't exist is typical of the left. Now we find out that it was leftwing corruption that led to the dead bodies that the left is now walking over in their blame game.

The facts are the facts BD. I know the left doesn't like it but that's the way it is. Making up stories policies and rules after the fact that don't exist is typical of the left. Now we find out that it was leftwing corruption that led to the dead bodies that the left is now walking over in their blame game.

Half-baked conspiracy theories peddled by some right wing rag are not substitutes for "facts".

The fact is FEMA's mandate is to coordinate the work of federal, state, and local agencies in responding to major disasters. Both state and local authorities requested federal assistance early on in this disaster, assistance that never materialized until way later.

The fact is FEMA, after being absorbed into the department of Homeland Security, has become a dumping ground for Bush's cronies stafed with people with zero experience in emergency management (Homeland Security head Mike Chertoff claims to not have been aware of the levee breaches until Tuesday: some 36 hours after they occurred!)

The fact is Bush was 404'd, even as it became apparent that the U.S. was facing the worst natural disaster in its history. Subsequent damage control attempts (“I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.”) have been shown to be hollow, given repeated warnings that a major hurricane would swamp the levees (FEMA held a five-day exercise at the State Emergency Operations Center in Baton Rouge in July 2004 to develop joint response plans for a catastrophic hurricane in Louisiana in which a fictitious “Hurricane Pam” brought 120-mph winds and storms that “topped levees in the New Orleans area.” “More than one million residents evacuated and Hurricane Pam destroyed 500,000-600,000 buildings.”)

The fact is, in a disaster of this scope, its up to the feds to show leadership and cordinate the recovery efforts. They failed.

No amount of ass-covering by you or your fellow travellers can alter the above.

Half-baked conspiracy theories peddled by some right wing rag are not substitutes for "facts".

The fact is FEMA's mandate is to coordinate the work of federal, state, and local agencies in responding to major disasters. Both state and local authorities requested federal assistance early on in this disaster, assistance that never materialized until way later.

The fact is FEMA, after being absorbed into the department of Homeland Security, has become a dumping ground for Bush's cronies stafed with people with zero experience in emergency management (Homeland Security head Mike Chertoff claims to not have been aware of the levee breaches until Tuesday: some 36 hours after they occurred!)

The fact is Bush was 404'd, even as it became apparent that the U.S. was facing the worst natural disaster in its history. Subsequent damage control attempts (“I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.”) have been shown to be hollow, given repeated warnings that a major hurricane would swamp the levees (FEMA held a five-day exercise at the State Emergency Operations Center in Baton Rouge in July 2004 to develop joint response plans for a catastrophic hurricane in Louisiana in which a fictitious “Hurricane Pam” brought 120-mph winds and storms that “topped levees in the New Orleans area.” “More than one million residents evacuated and Hurricane Pam destroyed 500,000-600,000 buildings.”)

The fact is, in a disaster of this scope, its up to the feds to show leadership and cordinate the recovery efforts. They failed.

No amount of ass-covering by you or your fellow travellers can alter the above.

Crap, no amount of nonsense spewing by you can change the facts. The primary responsibility is local no matter the size. That is the way it works. The half baked conspiracy theories are that of the left.

Crap, no amount of nonsense spewing by you can change the facts. The primary responsibility is local no matter the size. That is the way it works. The half baked conspiracy theories are that of the left.

I see you've opted to not address my points but instead have chose the simple contradiction route. Perhaps next you will inform me that you are rubber and I am, in fact, glue? :rolleyes:

I see you've opted to not address my points but instead have chose the simple contradiction route. Perhaps next you will inform me that you are rubber and I am, in fact, glue? :rolleyes:

What points. Why don't you respond to the facts in stead of making things up.

There is no lie to big to tell for the left, and no bodies they won't walk over in their hateful tizzy fits against the president. They are the lowest of the low and shame on the hysterical media and those who fell for their uniformed reports.

You're sounding more than a little hysterical yourself.

In fact, the primary responsibility for the disaster response lies with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco and other local officials.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2.../4/151327.shtml

You know, it might well emerge that the mayor did a poor job, and perhaps the governor, too, though the quack you're citing here, whether you know it or not is best known as a raving conspiracy looney who insisted against all odds that the Clintons were somehow involved in "murdering" white house councel Vince Foster.

But you and the other frenzied defenders of Bush continue to refuse to address the undeniable fact that Bush's White House deeply slashed funds for flood protection in New Orleans. When the chief of the Engineering Corps admitted in congress this would dangerously slow flood protection Bush fired him.

You also refuse to acknowledge the fact there were serious deficiencies in how FEMA reacted and is continuing to react to this disaster, and that its chief is a former horse show adminstrator fired for mismanagement. Appointed by Bush.

I know Bush is a God to you because... uh, because... of his uhm, well, he says he's a conservative. But he screwed the pooch on this one and he deserves to be pounded for it.

Wow. A Republican Senator calls for investigations of Democratic officials! When has THAT ever happened before! Why, the mere fact he called for an investigation certainly must mean they're guilty! And that must certainly mean that they were responsible for the flood!

Newsmax is financed by Richard Mellon Scaife, the notorious ultra-right wing Republican wacko obsessed with destroying the Clintons. Carl Limbacher - I won't stoop to calling him a reporter, is also notorious for his particular fixation on Hillary Clinton. You do yourself no good quoting a web site and people like this.

Newsmax is financed by Richard Mellon Scaife, the notorious ultra-right wing Republican wacko obsessed with destroying the Clintons. Carl Limbacher - I won't stoop to calling him a reporter, is also notorious for his particular fixation on Hillary Clinton. You do yourself no good quoting a web site and people like this.

Then you had better wipe the entire news media out of north america because they are all talking about the same thing.

I couldn't give a damn what you think about news max, anything that presents facts that expose the lying left they attack, what else is new. The new york times is more your speed they've been caught making up stories time and again.

Clinton was the worst president in US history somebody needed to expose him and his phoney wife.

I couldn't give a damn what you think about news max, anything that presents facts that expose the lying left they attack, what else is new. The new york times is more your speed they've been caught making up stories time and again.

Interesting that the facts are facts to you only when they conform to your particular idealogical bias.

As for the NYT making up stories, yeah, I remember Judith Miller's work on the Iraq WMD issue well, as well as Jayson Blair. But it's worth remembering that, whatever institutional biases the New York Times may have, it is a legitimate news outlet. However, the entire raison d'etre of NewsMax, Canada Free Press and their ilk is to disseminate propaganda.

Clinton was the worst president in US history somebody needed to expose him and his phoney wife.

Damn that sonofbitch for all those years of peace and prosperity. :rolleyes:

Interesting that the facts are facts to you only when they conform to your particular idealogical bias.

As for the NYT making up stories, yeah, I remember Judith Miller's work on the Iraq WMD issue well, as well as Jayson Blair. But it's worth remembering that, whatever institutional biases the New York Times may have, it is a legitimate news outlet. However, the entire raison d'etre of NewsMax, Canada Free Press and their ilk is to disseminate propaganda.

Damn that sonofbitch for all those years of peace and prosperity. :rolleyes:

Yeah right all those years of appeasement and corruption that we are now paying for.

Hmm, now let's see if I got this straight. Clinton came in after twelve years of Republican presidents who left him with record budget deficits, high unemployment, and increasing crime. So he initiates the Deficit Reduction Act of 1993, putting America on the road to fiscal responsibility leading to the end of perennial budget deficits.

This on top of having inherited a $290 billion deficit in 1992, President Clinton's last budget was over $200 billion in surplus. Add to this the lowest level of unemployment in decades, and reducing crime to lowest levels in a generation.

Pretty hard to top that B.Max. I don't like to compare, but how's Dubya stacking up: record deficits, illegal invasion of a country, lies to justify illegal invasion of a country, flys away when America faces disaster, a tad indecisive (comatose response to being told, "We're at war"), goes golfing when biggest natural disaster in America occurs...

I don't know. To me it's obvious, but then I'm just a normal guy who leans a little to the left and relies more on logic and reason than on a party telling me what to think and who to hate. I'm afraid to tell you, but Mr. Clinton was not the worst president in history. That may very well be reserved to the man currently sitting behind the sign, "The buck stops here."

Yeah right all those years of appeasement and corruption that we are now paying for.

If you think you're going to find any defence of Clinton from me, you're sadly mistaken. See, I'm no partisan. It just so happens that the political establishment in the U.S. is hopelessly corrupt. The difference between Clinton and Bush is a matter of degrees of corruption and incompetence. Clinton, for all his faults, was at least intelligent, and curious about the world around him, a man with a veneer of genuine charisma, even if that veneer concealed an unprincipled, power hungry interior. Bush, on the other hand, lacks even that veneer. His flaws are on display and indeed, are celebrated. The only people who buy his faux "jus' folks" act are the hopellessly gullible true believers, the same people Bush and his elite ilk have naught but contempt for. But even Clinton, at his worst, never cost thousands of Americans their lives through his stupidity and corruption. Bush, through 9-11, through Iraq and now Katrina, has been more dangerous to Americans than Saddam Huessin, Osama bin Laden and the "Axis of Evil" combined.

More corruption from the Louisiana Democrats

March 31/2005

Do officials in our Office of Homeland Security owe the federal government more than 30 million dollars?  The feds sent the bill Wednesday for money paid out in the form of grants for a federal flood buyout program. Three former Louisiana Homeland Security employees who oversaw the program are currently under federal indictment.

It was just a matter of time before the bill was sent to the state following its handling of federal FEMA flood buyout monies. The government says more than 30 million was misspent by the state through the Office of Emergency Preparedness between 1997 and 2002.

"Really its not that the money was misspent here or the money was misspent there," says Smith.  "It's going to be, in a lot of the cases, a matter of improper paperwork."

The "terribly underfunded state of Louisiana" (as Argus persistently refers to it) somehow managed to "misspend" $30 million in flood buyout aid.

"Improper paperwork" is code for when bureaucrats steal taxpayer funds to line their own pockets. ;)

Governor Blanco addresses FEMA payback issue

Governor Blanco is very concerned about that FEMA demand letter. She says the state simply does not have that kind of money just laying around. Blanco says a 30 million dollar hit to the state budget would be devastating.

“The regretful thing is if we have to come up with 30 million dollars, it takes away from children, it takes away from the sick… you know, very, very important initiatives.”

Maybe you and your Democrat Desperados should’ve thought about that before you stole the funds from the children, the poor and the sick in the first place, you thieving corrupt criminals. :angry:

As for Newsmax, if you check out the news they have on their site, the vast majority of it comes from the leftwing Associated Press.

And the punditry leans to the right because, shocker of shockers :o , it's a conservative magazine - and it makes no bones about it.

Or didn't anyone see all the paraphenelia they have of the legendary Ronald Reagan on their site?

The minute Katrina blew ashore - hours before the 17th Street levee broke - Mayor Nagin declared martial law in New Orleans and ordered it evacuated. He tried to get Governor Blanco to turn control of available National Guard troops over to him.

She refused.

Blanco's advisers told her that the remaining 7000 National Guard troops left in Louisiana were not enough to secure the city, and that it was not in her best political interest to use them until they could be reinforced since they might get hurt, or worse, hurt or kill a civilian they were charged with protecting. Instead, she let Nagin's 1500 New Orleans cops fend for themselves in a city that had been tacitly surrendered to looters and thugs.

Blanco apparently was not in constant or direct contact with the mayor as a leader would be expected to be. Quite a difference compared to how Jeb Bush handled the 4 hurricanes in Florida last year.

More of Governor Blanco's "business"

August 31/2005

Not only does the governor have a black mold problem in the Mansion, causing her to live in a rented house for the summer, but her offices in the State Capitol appear to have a plumbing problem, following the embarrassing leak of a confidential memo on how to deal with partisan opposition.

The memo was sent to the governor's communications director Bob Mann by his friend and former journalist John Copes, who refers to their conversations about "the most serious problem Democrats in Louisiana now face." According to the memo, that would be a "right-wing destruction machine" consisting of a Republican Party "that becomes more organized, more belligerent and more nakedly partisan by the day" coupled with "daily message-peddling by GOP surrogates" in the mainstream media, talk radio and Internet web sites.

The writer recommends that Democrats develop "an offensive capability of our own" and "a much more agile and effective defense" through a web site that would rally the troops and return fire on opponents.

Up to this point, the memo makes perfect sense, recommending a communications strategy no more pernicious than that deployed by both national parties.

But then the memo heads for the deep end by exploring how to conceal the web site's source, including "to masquerade as some sort of anonymous non-partisan do-gooder group." Though the writer doubts such a ploy would "pass the smell test," he sees the need "to come up with some kind of story about who's doing the site and why" without identifying the state's top Democrats behind it.

Then you had better wipe the entire news media out of north america because they are all talking about the same thing.

Yeah, sure, just not in the same way.

I couldn't give a damn what you think about news max, anything that presents facts
In however twisted, distorted and dishonest a fashion...

Fanatical twaddle.