New GG is French Citizen

Wow Capt. No Tax In Canada Pauly has really done it now. What a Liberal Moron. He was in such a hurry to make His Pick for us of Our Head of State and Commander in Chief of Canada's Army that a he picked a French Citizen. What an incompetant idiot. I wonder what the left will say now that Martin has set the Precident, will they be upset if Harper when he is PM, appoints a US citizen. Yuk Yuk http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen...a4-816c5c98f1e8

Wow Capt. No Tax In Canada Pauly has really done it now. What a Liberal Moron. He was in such a hurry to make His Pick for us of Our Head of State and Commander in Chief of Canada's Army that a he picked a French Citizen. What an incompetant idiot. I wonder what the left will say now that Martin has set the Precident, will they be upset if Harper when he is PM, appoints a US citizen. Yuk Yuk http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen...a4-816c5c98f1e8

Mme. Jean has dual citizenship, like many Canadians, including myself. I would hope my British citizenship will not disqualify me from becoming GG one day. :D:D:D

So I suppose you would be upset if a dual US/Canadian citizen was chosen?

Well, I was born in Canada. My wife was born in Canada. All our parents were born in Canada. Our children were born in Canada. We've lived in Canada all our lives.

I guess I don't stand a chance of being GG.

Thats quite a leap there batman, because its been done once it is now the defacto standard?

Ms. Jean, who fled from Haiti to Canada in 1968 with her family, became a French citizen when she married Mr. Lafond, who holds dual citizenship, in a civil ceremony in 1990. Mr. Lafond, who left France for Canada in 1974, became a Canadian citizen in 1981.

So both her and her husband are dual citizens. Really, though: who gives a damn?

Ms. Jean, who fled from Haiti to Canada in 1968 with her family, became a French citizen when she married Mr. Lafond, who holds dual citizenship, in a civil ceremony in 1990. Mr. Lafond, who left France for Canada in 1974, became a Canadian citizen in 1981.

So both her and her husband are dual citizens. Really, though: who gives a damn?

She problably have Haitïan citizenship too.