Happy July 1!

To all my friends in Quebec, "Happy Moving Day!"

And to the rest, "Happy Long Weekend!"

Whether you are celebrating by ingesting large quantities of alcohol with friends, blowing shit up with low-grade explosives, smoking cannabis on Parliament Hill, breaking windows downtown, or just staying home and watching third-rate performers on CBC, remember to play safe, everyone!

:)

-kimmy

{proud and free}

Happy Canada Day!

Whether you are celebrating by ingesting large quantities of alcohol with friends,
kimmy, I thought this was compulsory....
blowing shit up with low-grade explosives
I thought the 'exploding latrine gag' went out with M*A*SH*...
smoking cannabis on Parliament Hill,
glad to see you included our MP's in the celebration! It's too far for me to go, though...
breaking windows downtown
that is just wrong...I'll stick to just 'breaking wind' downtown...

Thanks for the encouragement...no finer place than Canada!

Nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said better......

So, y'all have the best day possible.

Looks like rain here in Sudbury, but that's okay, we REALLY REALLY need it.

The cannibis works as well indoors as out.

Here's to another 138 years of being the True North, Strong and Free.

(NEWFIE: Love the Stompin' Tom quote in your signature. Especially suitable today)

To all my friends in Quebec, "Happy Moving Day!"

And to the rest, "Happy Long Weekend!"

Whether you are celebrating by ingesting large quantities of alcohol with friends, blowing shit up with low-grade explosives, smoking cannabis on Parliament Hill, breaking windows downtown, or just staying home and watching third-rate performers on CBC, remember to play safe, everyone!

:)

-kimmy

{proud and free}

You are such a truly Canadian cynic, Kimmy.

It's hard to imagine you standing around on parliment hill with your face painted eagerly listening to fiddles playing while French Canadian girls dance around in circles.

Happy Dominion Day - a truly Canadian holiday in which nobody really did much except sleep in, drink, and maybe set off some fireworks. Nobody painted their faces, wrapped themselves in the flag, or made a big deal of it. That kind of thing was for the silly yanks.

I walked into a meeting this morning and, out of the blue, decided to say that today was Canada's national day. A guy in the corner said, "Congratulations!" Everyone laughed.

Canada is a good country, and I'm particularly thankful that Macdonald chose to have the BNA Act take force on a summer day.

Canada is a good country, and I'm particularly thankful that Macdonald chose to have the BNA Act take force on a summer day.

Actually, it would have been in May sometime if John A. had not gone a bender in Bytown and missed the boat to England :o

Something to think about as you consume the cool beverage of your choice today.

And on this glorious day we got from Paul Martin (the ultimate Canadian cheerleader):

"The flag is an enduring presence. It's in our lives wherever we go," said Martin. "It's why we pin it on our lapels, it's why we sew it on our backpacks. It's why, including one of my own sons, tattoo it on ourselves."

Maybe Paul should tattoo a flag on one of his ships to show how proud a Canadian he is.

Paul's philosophy: Do as I say and not as I do.

And on this glorious day we got from Paul Martin (the ultimate Canadian cheerleader):

"The flag is an enduring presence. It's in our lives wherever we go," said Martin. "It's why we pin it on our lapels, it's why we sew it on our backpacks. It's why, including one of my own sons, tattoo it on ourselves."

Maybe Paul should tattoo a flag on one of  his ships to show how proud a Canadian he is.

Paul's philosophy: Do as I say and not as I do.

*sigh* Was it foolish of me to think we would have ONE thread where we would all get a long and just say, "have a good day!" or something similiar?

At any rate, have a great Canada Day, and a long weekend - even if we all disagree we can still have good times :lol:

I am proud to be Canadian and today is  special,but so is everyday living in this great country, but reality does bite, even on Canada's biggest moving day.

Can anyone explain to me why the Quebec gov't does not pass a law to require landlords to allow tenets who have lived in in a place for more than 12 months to leave with 1 months notice like the rest of the country - this would greatly reduce the JUly 1 chaos.

I am proud to be Canadian and today is  special,but so is everyday living in this great country, but reality does bite, even on Canada's biggest moving day.

Can anyone explain to me why the Quebec gov't does not pass a law to require landlords to allow tenets who have lived in in a place for more than 12 months to leave with 1 months notice like the rest of the country - this would greatly reduce the JUly 1 chaos.

More than half of the Inhabitants of Quebec move on July 1. However, for the few last years, the moving have been spread from June to September.

Before 1974, it was in May that the majority of people moved. Then, at January 1 of this same year, a provincial law came into effect to standardize and determine the periods of the "bail". This law was never obligatory but it made it possible to the children to finish their school year in the same school before moving... and to the parents to move during the summer.