Liberal Party= Criminal Enterprise

Never before have the people of Quebec and Canada seen a government so rotten, sick and corrupt then the one we have now.

From corruption charges to racketeering to fruad to embezzlement to criminal activity to payouts to kickbacks to dishonesty to using the public treasury has a sluch for for liberal insider, MP's,Cabinet Ministers, Liberal contributers, Prime Minsters family memeber, you name it the Lberal regime have done it.

Each scandel more nasty, more corruption, more criminality plots that read out of a script from the Sopranos.

The Liberal Party of Canada does not care about the interest of Quebecers and Canadians from the left to the center to the right. Liberals look only to enrich themselves, their party insiders, their family memebers at the expensive of the Quebec and Canadian taxpayer and to hold on to any vestiage of power only to promote and continue their theft of the public treasury, continue their criminal enterprise and activity. Thats is the sole purpose of the Liberal Party of Canada.

To those that support and defend the criminal activity of this criminal enterprise called the Liberal Party you are no better then those who have stolen from the

anadian people. To defend corruption and theft only exposes your lack of any civic morality and lack of character.

What has Canada become under this criminal regme?

How can Canada continue to be a symbol of democracy and tolerance when we continue to be rule by criminals and thefts?

With the Liberals criminal enterprise in government Canada has become no better then Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.

Guest eureka

Methinks you are a little too loud in your squealings. This sort of thing has been going on forever and particularly in Quebec. Duplessis would have been amused by the penny ante affair.

It was Montcalm who said; "Canada, what a country where thieves grow rich and honest men are ruined." And Montcalm did not think of Quebec and Canada, just Canada as one entity.

Of course, his experience was of the area that is made up of the Province of Quebec before it was cleansed a little by the Conquest.

This has not proven to be a systemic issue.  A few crooked people does not make a corrupt government.

When the people implicated seem to be so highly placed, and have the power to make multi-million dollar contracts appear or disappear at will, over a span of six years, it seems hard to rationalize that it's not systemic.

Aren't you aware all this was done in Quebec by Quebecers? :D

Some people just ignore the truth! :rolleyes:

The one thing you've got going for you is until someone is actually charged this is all hearsay and we cannot blame Quebecers until then. :D

What is the deal with blaming Quebecers for this? It's not like the Quebecers were the recipients of all this cash. The only benefit Quebecers got in any of this is that the government plastered Maple-Leafs on anything that would stay still long enough, and sponsored a few petting zoos, golf tournaments, and crappy documentaries.

I think the Quebecers are the victims, more than anything. They've been used as the justification for this scam. They're humiliated, they feel like they've been used, and they feel like the rest of Canada thinks they're crooks. But we are starting to find out who the real crooks are here.

-kimmy

The details of this whole Liberal operation remind me of how my Russian friend describes how the Communist party operated. What is frightening to me is Canadian apathy. Can you imagine if something like this happened in the US or someplace else. There would be mass demonstrations and incredible public outrage. It'd be nice if we could lock up Chretien.

Guest eureka

As I wrote on one of thr discussions, this sort of patronage to ad agencies has been going on for a long time. I don't know who started it but it was rampant in the Mulroney government. How deep it went then should, perhaps, also be investigated.

One of the first acts of the Chretien government was to order that it be stopped. This lends some credibility to the probability that it was a group of plumbers acting without the knowlede of the Party leadership.

If this is not drowned out in the cheap political game that is now being played, it might lead to a cleansing of all parties. There is none that is not guilty.

Here are some extracts from the Inquiry:

In his dealings with federal Liberals, Brault testified he:

Was told by top Quebec Liberal official Benoît Corbeil that if he donated $400,000 he would get the money back from a sponsorship contract for $3 million. A smaller contract arrived and Brault said he gave $60,000, though he could not say who got the money or how it was delivered.

Retained Montreal lobbyist Alain Renaud for a total of $1.1 million from 1997 to 2001. A longtime Liberal, Renaud was Brault's "door-opener" who promised to — and did — make Brault and Groupaction known within the Liberal government. He was also on loan to the party.

Delivered multiple envelopes stuffed with about $135,000 cash — in one case $35,000 taken from Groupaction accounts — to Liberal organizers.

Sent $50,000 to the Quebec Liberal party in the 1998 provincial election campaign. The money was sent via a cheque to Groupe Everest, a firm with close provincial Liberal ties.

Gave $50,000 in cash for the Liberal party to fundraiser Joseph Morselli. Brault says he offered $100,000 if it could be arranged that Groupaction wouldn't have to undergo bidding for a lucrative ad contract involving the federal gun registry program. Morselli, a former organizer for Gagliano, was the Liberal party's vice-president of finances in Quebec.

Put three Liberal workers on to Groupaction's payroll, even though in most cases they did no work for Groupaction. Brault said that Serge Gosselin, a former adviser to Stéphane Dion, who is now environment minister, rarely showed up at the office in 1996 while collecting a Groupaction salary of between $80,000 and $84,000. In 1997, Gosselin published a biography of Gagliano, who oversaw the sponsorship program.

As well, John Welch, a former adviser to one-time Liberal cabinet minister Denis Paradis, was paid about $8,000 a month in 1999 and given an office at Groupaction. Brault said he was asked to take him under his wing by a party organizer. "He was very active on the phone," said Brault. "We understood he was doing some sort of work with the party." Welch yesterday stepped aside as chief of staff of federal Heritage Minister Liza Frulla.

Liberal party lawyer Mitchell attacked Brault's credibility, noting that he admitted he overcharged taxpayers for services through phony bills. Brault, who had ranged from teary eyed to fiery and jovial on the stand, shot back instantly.

"Before I had your clients in my business, I never made any fake invoices," he said.

Mitchell responded that Brault actually camouflaged two $50,000 payments to the Parti Québécois, probably in 1997 and 1998.

Brault said the payments were to help ensure his contract continued with the provincial liquor board. He said he asked sovereignist-minded Groupaction employees to make the donation in their names, which were then repaid by the firm.

"For the cause?" asked Mitchell. "For the other cause?" he asked, referring to separatism.

"Let's leave it at that," said Brault.

According to Brault, his dealings with Liberals began after the 1993 election. It was then he hired Renaud, whom he first met in Montreal after the election, before the sponsorship program was in place.

At the time, Groupaction had few contracts with the federal government, but Brault said Renaud proposed reaching out to the federal Liberals to seek government contracts.

Jean Brault, former ad executive

Now what does that tell you? HUH?

Come on your Liberal supporters this Liberal Government and Party is corrupt therefore you are as well, if it looks like a duck, squacks like a duck, walks like a duck and lies like a duck then it is a duck!!

Disgusting is a kind word to use in this situation. The whole party is corrupt and if anyone states otherwsie then he/she is also corrupt.

As I wrote on one of thr discussions, this sort of patronage to ad agencies has been going on for a long time. I don't know who started it but it was rampant in the Mulroney government. How deep it went then should, perhaps, also be investigated.

One of the first acts of the Chretien government was to order that it be stopped. This lends some credibility to the probability that it was a group of plumbers acting without the knowlede of the Party leadership.

If this is not drowned out in the cheap political game that is now being played, it might lead to a cleansing of all parties. There is none that is not guilty.

Nice logic Eureka. Everyone does it so it's ok. Who gives a sh*t what Mulroney did 20 years ago. He's gone. We're talking about millions our CURRENT government stole.

It is just one more of a litany of examples of how the CBC is devoid of any journalist ethics.

Except for the fact that the Pope's funeral is also the lead story on ctv.ca, canada.com and the globeandmail.com.

Boo yah.

That wasnt' the point. The point was that Kyoto, and sunny weather in Saskatchewan were top stories ahead of the biggest corruption scandal in Canadian History.

Guest eureka

Who said it was OK, IMR? I think I implied the opposite. And everyone should care whether Mulroney did it twenty years ago. This has been a systemic problem not limited to the Liberal Party and Mulroney built his Quebec base on this as well as other things that Quebeckers had grown accustomed to under their provincial governments - try searching Duplessis as TS suggested: he was the master of graft and corruption but only carrying on a long tradition.

It is true that Chretien thought he had stopped it on the federal level.

Would there be mass demonstrations if this happened in the USA? I think you had better read a little more about that country. This would hardly make a ripple in a country that has been awash in electoral vote rigging; vote buying; and patronage for favours from its beginning.

Americans would never be out of the streets if they were to protest every incident akin to this. It is the advanced nature of Canadian political morality that has made this such a scandal.

Who said it was OK, IMR? I think I implied the opposite. And everyone should care whether Mulroney did it twenty years ago. This has been a systemic problem not limited to the Liberal Party and Mulroney built his Quebec  base on this as well as other things that Quebeckers had grown accustomed to under their provincial governments  - try searching Duplessis as TS suggested: he was the master of graft and corruption but only carrying on a long tradition.

That is insane. Quebeckers aren't accustomed to it, they're outraged. Mulroney has nothing to do with what we are talking about. He only suits Liberal apologist purposes to use as a straw man.

It is true that Chretien thought he had stopped it on the federal level.

You can't be serious. All of Chretien's inner circle was in on it including dear brother Gabby. Chretien is a scumbag.

... The point was that Kyoto, and sunny weather in Saskatchewan were top stories ahead of the biggest corruption scandal in Canadian History.

Well the Sponsorship thing was the first thing on the list of Indepth stories right beside the headlines.

And Newsworld rebroadcast all of the taped Breault testimony and the new stuff for practically all day yesterday.

Guest eureka

Reread my post as I added more to it when I saw that I had not fully responded.

And, I am totally serious since I know what I am writing about. Quebec politics were a synonym for corruption until recently. Now, the money is spent on propaganda disguised as information from the government.

Would there be mass demonstrations if this happened in the USA? I think you had better read a little more about that country. This would hardly make a ripple in a country that has been awash in electoral vote rigging; vote buying; and patronage for favours from its beginning.

I think you've been hanging out with Paulpaul. :blink:

See where would you put Chretien among the worlds most corrupt leaders. I'd say he'd fit in at about #8

The list of top 10 alleged political embezzlers also included these former leaders,

1. Mohamed Suharto, Indonesia, 1967-98, 15 to 35 billion dollars

2. Ferdinand Marcos, Philippines, 1972-86, five to 10 billion

3. Mobutu Sese Seko, Zaire, 1965-97, five billion

4. Sani Abacha, Nigeria, 1993-98, two to five billion

5. Slobodan Milosevic, Serbia/Yugoslavia, 1989-2000, one billion

6. Jean-Claude Duvalier, Haiti, 1971-86, 300 to 800 million

7. Alberto Fujimori, Peru, 1990-2000, 600 million

8. Pavlo Lazarenko, Ukraine, 1996-97, 114 to 200 million

9. Arnoldo Aleman, Nicaragua, 1997-2000, 100 million

10. Joseph Estrada, Philippines, 1998-2001, 78 to 80 million

corrupt leaders

Friendly or not dictators steal.