Mike Harris Why Did He Get Voted Out

I get a big kick out of the CON servatives ranting about how things would be so much better if we let the CON servative run the country.

If CON servative ideals are so great where the hell is Mike Harris? If his CON servatives were so good how did they get voted out. Ontario is the heartland of this country like it or not once they got in there if they were so good you'd think they'd still be there wouldn't you?

Don't kid yourselves I remember the Mulroney CON servatives this present day bunch would be a lot worse. Harper would become the Americans lap dog number 2 after Tony Blair.

I kind of like living in a country where at least once in awhile we can make our own decisions on issues NOT ADOPT EVERY AMERICAN idea going!!!

Save Canada don't VOTE for the CON servatives! :blink:

hmm..you know if you can get suspended for saying Fiberal...I certainly think the same should apply to CON servative.

I suspect that the only reason Greg decided to crack down on "Fiberal" was that a certain crybaby decided to complain. (see the more recent "Scumbag" controversy for more details.)

Personally, I find it kind of cute. It reminds me of Maplesyrup's ranting. The good old days. :)

-k

hmm..you know if you can get suspended for saying Fiberal...I certainly think the same should apply to CON servative.

I suspect that the only reason Greg decided to crack down on "Fiberal" was that a certain crybaby decided to complain. (see the more recent "Scumbag" controversy for more details.)

Personally, I find it kind of cute. It reminds me of Maplesyrup's ranting. The good old days. :)

-k

The good old days were when Craig Read was on. (he is now banned because of disregarding forum rules). He was someone who gave alot to the board and his posts were always interesting to read (and he was conservative :))

Why is Maple banned?

Stay on topic, what the hell is the topic. You started off the topic header with Mike Harris, and then you went on to criticize the conservatives.

I don't see ANY leadership from the pack mules in power now...At leased Mulroney had a plan to turn this country around (and it did, because we are using the models that he had created). We are a better country because of conservatives. The liberals have done nothing but screw us. It's nice to see that we were pulling in these huge surpluses in the mid 90's, where the f**k is the money now...why didn't they put it back into the country. They just kept bringing in surpluses (it's good to know the liberals can make money and profit, nice of them to share it with us)

The conservative platform was to make people accountable for their actions (the Liberals don't even try....useless). You hold people accountable, you will see a change in people (you know you will go to jail for murder, so you don't do it...wow, amazing concept isn't, too bad the Liberals haven’t caught on...but they probably won't)

And for the fact that the conservatives didn't get into power, well maybe this country is going to hell in a hand basket, who knows. Obviously you people in Ontario have sucked back too much smog and have been lounging around in the Muskokas a little bit too much, but what else is new.

Bring it! http://img19.exs.cx/img19/8193/liberal5cd.jpg

-k

Boy this shows your maturity Kimmy... I can honestly say I am disppointed or maybe just being a crybaby...

Boy this shows your maturity Kimmy... I can honestly say I am disppointed or maybe just being a crybaby...

Well, we know it was you that made a big deal about "scumbag". Was it such a big leap to guess that you were probably the guy who made a big deal about "Fiberal" as well?

-k

I kind of like living in a country where at least once in awhile we can make our own decisions on issues NOT ADOPT EVERY AMERICAN idea going!!!

Yeah well I kind of prefer a country that is willing to accept new ideas in order to further positively affect our social, political, and financial status rather than denying a better system for the simple purpose of keeping a so-called "identity".

What's the deal with hating the "AMERICAN" way? If people were truly intelligent, they would get rid of this pitiful nationalist extremism which tells us that all things American are bad and learn to utilize all things that may benefit us.

"My god, did you know that Americans use money too?! We should immediately revert to a system of bartering and pit-fighting for goods and services! WAIT! They also speak english! Why was I not informed of this? Screw bilingualism, we should go completely french! Oh no! They have cars and modern houses and their society is the exact same! I demand that we destroy everything made in the past few centuries and immediately introduce tribal society!"

Facetious? Yes. Accurate? It's getting there....

And this is not off topic, as you brought up the whole "AMERICAN idea" thing. That has been brought up one too many times...

And this is not off topic, as you brought up the whole "AMERICAN idea" thing. That has been brought up one too many times...

You may want to be an American I'm quite happy having our own separate country!

It has absolutely nothing to do with being ANTI-American either so don't try to lay that on me.

I'm a proud Canadian and that is not a sin my friend. If you don't like it here go south! :angry:

That's the thing! It's not about being a "Canadian" and NOT an "American". It's just about being a citizen of Canada, plain and simple. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of one's country, except when it is taken to such a point as to actually detriment the country itself. No one gains in those situations.

Btw, thank you Cameron.

That is the problem it seems. If you mention America or Americans in a positive light all of a sudden you hate Canada and love America. All too often when I mention almost anything to do with our neighbor to the south peoples eyes glaze over, as if operating on a simple set of ill conceived negative notions/emotions. CAGERATTLER’s reply seems to be along those lines. Just because you adopt an American policy here or there doesn’t make you American! Nor does it mean you want to move there!

It will. Mind you, his childish and insulting attitude is such he's going to wind up being kicked out sooner or later anyway. Probably sooner.

With "Fiberal" or "Lieberal" you are changing the spelling. Not so with "CON servative".

The suspension wasn't for misspelling, it was for deliberately taking the conversation down to a level which almost guaranteed mutual insults rather than intelligent discussion. A level where, from what I've seen so far, this person would probably be most happy.

Here I have an idea. I'll use the word Conservative right if you people will stay on topic.

How's that for a deal! I brought up a point and not one of you commented on it all you did was rant about the way I used the Conservative name.

Maybe most people thought your topic was little more than pointless trolling. Harris did a reasonably good job under trying circumstances. Your "point" seems to be that because he resigned, was replaced by someone else, and that someone else subsequently lost an election, all conservatives everywhere should realize the futility of their ideology.

That's as idiotic as pointing to Peterson's downfall, or Rae's, as "proof" that Liberals and New Democrats are finished in Canada.

Well, we know it was you that made a big deal about "scumbag". Was it such a big leap to guess that you were probably the guy who made a big deal about "Fiberal" as well?

-k

Yes it was a big leap... I am not offended by Lie or Fib eral but I think that calling someone a scumbag is just plain rude... Its common sense or so I would have thought.

Here I have an idea. I'll use the word Conservative right if you people will stay on topic.

How's that for a deal! I brought up a point and not one of you commented on it all you did was rant about the way I used the Conservative name.

Maybe most people thought your topic was little more than pointless trolling. Harris did a reasonably good job under trying circumstances. Your "point" seems to be that because he resigned, was replaced by someone else, and that someone else subsequently lost an election, all conservatives everywhere should realize the futility of their ideology.

That's as idiotic as pointing to Peterson's downfall, or Rae's, as "proof" that Liberals and New Democrats are finished in Canada.

Harris did a reasonably good job under trying circumstances.

Say what? What difficult circumstances did Mike have? Revisionist history coming up me thinks!!!! :lol:

Hint he was replaced by another Conservative right?

So if the Conservatives are so good why can't they ever hold office for very long?

If they are the answer one would think they'd be in office all the time.

I think I asked a fair question! :rolleyes:

If you look at the political history of Ontario you will notice that Conservatives have held government since 1943 with three exceptions; being Bob Rae, David Peterson, and Dalton McGuinty; and we all know how wildly successfull those 3 have been....... :rolleyes:

I don't see ANY leadership from the pack mules in power now...At leased Mulroney had a plan to turn this country around (and it did, because we are using the models that he had created). We are a better country because of conservatives. The liberals have done nothing but screw us. It's nice to see that we were pulling in these huge surpluses in the mid 90's, where the f**k is the money now...why didn't they put it back into the country. They just kept bringing in surpluses (it's good to know the liberals can make money and profit, nice of them to share it with us)

The conservative platform was to make people accountable for their actions (the Liberals don't even try....useless). You hold people accountable,

:lol::lol::lol:

Conservatives left office with a 40 billion dollar deficit and added $400 some odd Billion to the National Debt :blink: . Is that your idea of turning things around??? The conservatives nearly bankrupted Canada!! You sound like a conversative propogandist.

The conservative platform was to make people accountable for their actions (the Liberals don't even try....useless). You hold people accountable,

:lol::lol::lol:

Conservatives left office with a 40 billion dollar deficit and added $400 some odd Billion to the National Debt :blink: . Is that your idea of turning things around??? The conservatives nearly bankrupted Canada!! You sound like a conversative propogandist.

I'd like to know what meaning '747' has to you. Does it signify the enormity of your ignorance? Mulroney was the first to produce a budget surplus after 16 years of Trudeau liberals pissing away our money. The debt you mention is the remenants of Trudeau era drunk spending. You don't like Mulroney fine, I'm not a fan either, but don't rewrite history.