Anyone else get the sense that Bush is irrelevant?

I've noticed in the world media and among my own circles that Bush is now looked upon in the same way that Bush-lovin' farrightwingers like to look upon the U.N...as irrelevant. Like a rightwingnut could care less about the UN and what it says, I think the entire world (and half of the USA) feels the same way about Bush now.

I've even recognized it in myself. I never liked the man ever since I noticed his narrow patterns of thought and response to 9/11, but he always captured my attention.

Now I couldn't care less what he has to say! I feel like I've heard it all before and that it's really not interesting or relevant. I witnessed his visit to Canada, and besides the millions wasted on security and the thousands of protesters (God bless 'em) what he had to say was treated more with silent embarrassment than any real consideration.

Has this bumbling boob managed to turn the leadership of the free world into something to be only patronized?

It sure seems that way.

Whatever political figures and media within America might say or believe....the vast majority of the world outside of America sees the policies of Bush as failures. His leadership style has been a stunning failure.......his dealings with alies has been an obvious failure.

He's a walking trainwreck!

I almost feel sorry for him. I can't though, becuse I know HE actually believes he's the real deal and respected by others. He's respected by about 50 million Americans, that's it. It's such a sad performance by an international leader, I wonder if he even cares about the respect of anyone other than those 50 million.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think the way that the EUtopia has been falling all over Condi, Rumsfeld, and now Bush - proves your theory wrong. The President is relevant and he was right. Bush has liberated over 50 million people and Iraq and Afganistan have had successful elections.

Why would you say "God Bless 'em" to the 3000 Canadian protestors? Why should God bless the tyranny-loving people who were protesting the man who liberated over 50 million people?

The left hates Ronald Reagan with a passion for helping to bring down their beloved totalitarian USSR and liberating 170 million people, and they hate Bush for bringing down two totalitarian regimes. If Syria and Iran "fall" during the next 4 years, we could be looking at another Reagan.

5.2% unemployment is sweet; it would be nice if Canada had those numbers.

Oh, and get your figures correct. Bush got nearly 62 million votes, not 50 million.

As for irrelevance...did you see how Martin "packed them in" when he spoke at the UN? There's your irrelevant one.

The left hates Ronald Reagan with a passion for helping to bring down their beloved totalitarian USSR and liberating 170 million people, and they hate Bush for bringing down two totalitarian regimes. If Syria and Iran "fall" during the next 4 years, we could be looking at another Reagan.

Without doubt, the stupidest thing I have seen on this board yet. Congrats!

This is a joke.

The President of the United States is never irrelevant. You just care not to listen to him because you disagree with him and that is just as bad as him not giving a shit about you.

Er, no. He has become irrelavent.

Check out this article:

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/karon/a...1029937,00.html

Let's let go of this feel good idea that "nobody is ever irrelavent"

Let's assume my definition that people are irrelavent when their peers stop caring about what they say/want.

In that sense, Bush is irrelavent.

If you still disagree with me, then you haven't read the article.

Prime Minister Martin is the one that is irrelevant.

President Bush may be many things but irrelevant is not one of them.

I know you are but what am I?

Look, if you're going to make these kinds of statements then why not at least TRY to engage in some kind of argument? I just finnished explaining why Bush is irrelavent 3 posts ago. You think a reply of "he's not irrelavent" means anything? Why should we care what YOU think??

i disagree with you on the premise of ignoring the united states is a foolish at best venture. the united states gives out more aid than any single country in the world, it also protects more countries then any other single country in the world, it also is the major funder of the corrupt united nations, which by the way most americains want to leave. As far as the irrelavency of bush as a man, sure who cares right? but dont confuse that with the relevancy of the power of the united states and are obvious will to use it.

anticlimates Posted on Feb 23 2005, 06:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (BQSupporter @ Feb 23 2005, 10:29 PM)

Prime Minister Martin is the one that is irrelevant.

President Bush may be many things but irrelevant is not one of them. 

I know you are but what am I?

Look, if you're going to make these kinds of statements then why not at least TRY to engage in some kind of argument? I just finnished explaining why Bush is irrelavent 3 posts ago. You think a reply of "he's not irrelavent" means anything? Why should we care what YOU think?? 

You are way off the mark.........Good or bad, the actions (and to a lesser extent words said) done by an American President are very much relevant to the nations of the world, and because of that, GWB, (love him or hate him) is by job title, the most powerful man on the planet, which by proxy makes him ever so relevant.

I fail to understand how you think that man that could end life on this planet five times over is irrelevant.......seems rather foolish and naive to me :rolleyes:

I fail to understand how you think that man that could end life on this planet five times over is irrelevant.......seems rather foolish and naive to me :rolleyes:

Your statement seems kind of foolish actually. Just because he has the might/power to kill doesn't make him relavent.

Try to think about less obvious forms of power, like political influence. Sure, he can bomb anyone....including Canada for example. Still, our PM has told him we're not joining his space weapon thingy....even after Bush specifically asked him to in a press conference!

He is being ignored....he's become irrelavent. Hey, if he gets all pissy about it and starts bombing Russia and Germany and Canada then I guess his relavence increases. We'll wait on that, see if it happens, EH?

Your statement seems kind of foolish actually. Just because he has the might/power to kill doesn't make him relavent.

:huh:

Try to think about less obvious forms of power, like political influence. Sure, he can bomb anyone....including Canada for example. Still, our PM has told him we're not joining his space weapon thingy....even after Bush specifically asked him to in a press conference!

How does that make Bush irrelevant? Do you think Canada won't be affected by this? Has our refusal detered GWB form carrying on with deploying BMD?

They didn't need us on BMD, as made evident by them not asking for money or Canadian soil to help deploy the system........Do you think GWB is losing sleep over the fact that Canada "won't let" America defend us....did you read Paul Cellucci's responce?

Paul Cellucci responce

U.S. ambassador to Canada, Paul Cellucci said that from now on, the U.S. will decide when to fire at incoming missiles over Canadian territory. "We will deploy. We will defend North America," Cellucci said.

"We simply cannot understand why Canada would, in effect, give up its sovereignty -- its seat at the table -- to decide what to do about a missile that might be coming towards Canada."

Yes, PM PM responce had the desired effect :rolleyes:

Which of the two leaders has been made irrelevant over BMD?

He is being ignored....he's become irrelavent. Hey, if he gets all pissy about it and starts bombing Russia and Germany and Canada then I guess his relavence increases. We'll wait on that, see if it happens, EH?

And what has been the result of GWB "being ignored"? Has it detered him in any way from carrying out his foregin and Domestic policies?

WRT the world stage, can you honestly say that Germany, France, Russia, China and the UN (and their leaders) are still relevant? They opposed the American led war in Iraq.......Of the two opposing camps, who's end game was achieved and who's was lost? The loser(s) and their leaders are the ones that are irrelevant.

Senerio One: Missle fired at NA. US says to Canada, want to shoot it down. Canada says sure. Missle destroyed before it is over Canada.

Senerio Two: Missle fired at NA. US fires, missle destroyed OVER Canada.

Canada thinks that by remaining neutral, they remain safe. It worked for Sweden and Switzerland, perhaps it will work for Canada. The best of both worlds, strong defense, and neutrality. The only problem is it is not neighborly since the US is the target, and Canada gets benefit from its proximity.

Furthermore, future time, world population increases. Liebensraum is on the mind of Asia. Canada is underpopulated. Goodbye Canada.

based on your feelings, i think there is a very good quote that will tell you why to pay attention to him.

"keep you friends close, keep your enemies closer"

Huh. what kind of American are you? You talk of the President of the United States as an enemy. Perhaps these kind folks will provide you with emigration papers.

i forgive you for misunderstanding what i was saying, that expression is not meant to be taken litteraly, its one that is basically saying to you if you dont like someone you dont ignore them, you pay close attention to them.

and notice that i said BASED ON YOUR FEELINGS, which would indicate not mine.

becareful that you think things through b4 your post

How does that make Bush irrelevant? Do you think Canada won't be affected by this? Has our refusal detered GWB form carrying on with deploying BMD?

They didn't need us on BMD.....

You're quite confused about the meaning of irrelevance in the context of this topic.

Just because GWB will continue on with his policies does not give him relavence. No, he doens't need Canada to do his little project. He didn't need anyone to go into Iraq either....although he did bribe and threaten and cajole a coalition together to scrape up a sense of legitimacy.

The irrelavance I'm talking about is that of influence. He has almost no influence among leadership in the world. If his influence/relevance was not at such a low point then he would get some support for his initiatives and requests.

Instead he is being defied and ignored.

Yes, he can continue on....just like the worms in the garden will continue squirming through the dirt with no help from me. That doesn't make them relevant either.

And yes, I did read Celluccis fear mongering for his boss. I was mildly interested and somewhat annoyed with it, but I don't really consider it relevant. It's coming from GWB anyway, and who really cares what the F$%k he's got to say anymore?

Starting to get the picture?

Senerio One: Missle fired at NA. US says to Canada, want to shoot it down. Canada says sure. Missle destroyed before it is over Canada.

Senerio Two: Missle fired at NA. US fires, missle destroyed OVER Canada.

Scenario Three: No missile gets fired by anyone. The US spends Billions on a system that most Americans wish had never been bothered with. Canada once again proves it's a good friend willing to be blunt with the US when they stray off the path.

The only problem is it is not neighborly since the US is the target, and Canada gets benefit from its proximity.

Not neighbourly? You mean like

"Hey neighbour, stick yer head in the oven"

"Duhhhhhh OK!"

We should be neighbourly like that?

Canada benifits from this? Because we're protected?

Protected from what? This will start a new arms race. The USA will only suceed in motivating other nations to engage in new weapons development. As in "arms race".

At one time the USA was considered willing to pre-empt threats by invading nations....after listening to chimp these days others must NOW consider the USA willing to invade nations it sees as non-democratic (Iraq, N.Korea, Russia, China..ect ect ect)

Bush has declared his administrations goal is to spread freedom and liberty. At the same time they're developing new nukes (spending 8 million on that project) and developing BMD (spending LOTS on that!). What should Russia and China do? Sit back and wait for the USA to become a fortress which can attack other nations with impunity? Methinks they're starting work on stealth missiles......which will render Bushs whole idiotic system useless.

Kudos to Martin for staying out. Now revenge will be exacted in the form of trade pissiness. Oh well, we've been putting up with that for a while now. We'll just have to work on bolstering other markets.

The irrelavance I'm talking about is that of influence. He has almost no influence among leadership in the world. If his influence/relevance was not at such a low point then he would get some support for his initiatives and requests.

But he has had support for his "initiatives and requests".......Are you suggesting that the likes of the United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, Japan etc are irrelevant? Or were they bribed and/or threatend? If yes, can you prove it?

Now again, the countries that you claim feel that GWB is irrelevant to are themselves irrelevant to United States and it's coalition. Now this begs the question, which one of these "sides" is the most relevant to the world itself? The one that achieves it's objectives, or the one that fails.

The proof is simple.......who's end game was acheived?

Starting to get the picture? :rolleyes:

But he has had support for his "initiatives and requests".......Are you suggesting that the likes of the United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, Japan etc are irrelevant? Or were they bribed and/or threatend? If yes, can you prove it?

Now again, the countries that you claim feel that GWB is irrelevant to are themselves irrelevant to United States and it's coalition. Now this begs the question, which one of these "sides" is the most relevant to the world itself? The one that achieves it's objectives, or the one that fails.

The proof is simple.......who's end game was acheived?

Starting to get the picture? :rolleyes:

couldnt have said it better myself.

Not neighbourly? You mean like

"Hey neighbour, stick yer head in the oven"

"Duhhhhhh OK!"

We should be neighbourly like that?

This is my take on Canada. I live very close to Canada. I travel there fairly often throughout the year. I think Canadians have benefited greatly from proximity to the US. If there were no US, Canada would undoubtly be doing fine: like perhaps Chilie or Brazil. The difference between these countries and Canada equals that benefit. Canadians love that difference, but they are cowards by nature. What was your dittie: "stick your head in an oven"? Yep, that's a Canadian alright.