Tsunami Terrorism Prediction

MapleBear

I'm sure other people have discussed the possibilities, but, amazingly, I've seen no references on any online news sources or political forums. That is, no one (to my knowledge) is talking about the possiblity of terrorist attacks on U.S. troops in the regions struck by the recent devastating tsunami.

To put it in perspective, let's ask why we're there. A right-winger (or a blithering idiot) would reply that we're a humanitarian nation. But George W. Bush alone puts a big damper on that argument. His initial response was eerily reminiscent of his initial response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks ("What, me worry?"). Then he did an abrupt about face and sent in the military.

I agree with critics who see this as a combination public relations farce and military exercise. I just can't understand why no one is talking about the threat of terrorist attacks.

Think about it: We've dispatched thousands of U.S. troops to several nations, some of which hate the U.S. and/or harbor terrorists or civil wars. On top of that, security can't be too good in third world nations ravaged by Nature.

I think I read that our troops were expected to stay in some areas for six months or more. Does anyone believe we can maintain that many troops in the Indian Ocean for half a year without suffering a terrorist attack(s)?

So what would be the result of such an attack? At the least, right-wingers would say, "See, irrational third worlders repay our kindness with terrorism! These people clearly aren't as good as Americans!"

A really serious terrorist attack might induce George W. Dumbass to pressure a third world government, perhaps demanding that it allow U.S. special forces to track down the villains. Some governments might even invite the U.S. to take sides in their local civil wars and guerilla conflicts.

It's also possible that the CIA could stage another phony terrorist attack, perhaps sinking a small ship and blaming it on Muslim terrorists. I don't think people realize how serious this situation could be.

It's also possible that the CIA could stage another phony terrorist attack, perhaps sinking a small ship and blaming it on Muslim terrorists. I don't think people realize how serious this situation could be.

Another phony terrorist attack?

Which prior phony terrorist attacks has the CIA stage? Please provide specifics. Thanks.

-kimmy

It is possible that terorists could target American troops in these tsunami victim countries; however, I don't think it is likely. They could lose a lot of public support world wide and even terrorists seek to convert world wide public opinion to their side of issues.

I would hope that none of those acts were staged or allowed to happen by any USA government source.

I was thinking of 9/11, the Gulf of Tonkin incident, Pearl Harbor, the Battleship Maine, etc. though the CIA obviously couldn't have been behind all of them.

The CIA might have faked the tsunami!

-kimmy

The CIA might have faked the tsunami!

Uh, no - the tsunami was triggered by an earthquake...a very big one.

Maybe... but that's not causing some folks from going nuts anyway.

Some in the muslim world seems to have decided that the tsunami caused by American/Israeli/Indian nuclear tests.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1305996.html

"It's a Jew-nami!"

http://web.israelinsider.com/Views/4755.htm

I had been wondering to myself: "why aren't the same people who snickered that the Florida hurricanes were God's message to Bush now asking whether the tsunami was Allah's message to the world's largest Muslim country?"

Well, it turns out somebody has been asking.

http://www.barnabasfund.org/News/Archive/N...ws-20050107.htm

Indonesia was battered because it tolerates Zionist and American investments, and sinful infidel tourists performing all manner of abominations during the celebration of Christian holidays. Thailand was battered because Bangkok is the capital of corruption. See, the tsunami wasn't caused by the Jews after all, it was Allah's vengeance upon sinners and a warning to the rest to straighten up and fly right.

Allah is one mean mofo.

-kimmy

We are missing the point here. Why did the United States so quickly offer so much relief $$ to a muslim nation that has been suspected of considerable terrorist activity? Would we not be suspicious if the same were to happen to Iran (devastation followed by massive US relief)? Seems to me that the US has something to gain in all of this. Can relief agencies help those hardest hit; in Aceh? Why not?

We are missing the point here. Why did the United States so quickly offer so much relief $$ to a muslim nation that has been suspected of considerable terrorist activity? Would we not be suspicious if the same were to happen to Iran (devastation followed by massive US relief)? Seems to me that the US has something to gain in all of this. Can relief agencies help those hardest hit; in Aceh? Why not?

I understand Bush was rather reluctant at first but he needed to put on a show of concern, I think it has become a little one upmanshipish at this time. However according to sources; many countries make promises and do not deliver the goods.

I have to confess It was a low-tech operation and I did it with a snorkel suit, a chisel, and a tire iron for a lever to lift one plate over the other.

I didn't think the devastation would be so great.

Can relief agencies help those hardest hit; in Aceh? Why not?

Increasing levels of interference from the Indonesian military can't help.

Indonesia clamps down

The Indonesian government can never seem to think beyond its own power. It has long lists of human rights abuses committed to facilitate the continuation of their own power - East Timor and Aceh are good examples.

Its these kinds of regimes that are the true terrors. More so then the US (although Bush et al in power makes me very nervous) and certainly more so then quack CIA conspiracy theories.

I'm beginning to think we should keep an eye on Eureka also. He should have his snorkel suit and tyre iron confiscated and then have a security detail set to watch his moves and make sure he doesn't practice any more amateur attempts at leverage.

Back to the roots of the thread.....ie; terrorism during the relief efforts.....

I heard on a radio show yesterday that the Tamil Tigers are apparently adopting/recruiting orphans of the disaster to be trained for their own campaign.

I could see other groups following suit. Not necessarily using the relief efforts as cover and/or targets for attack, but using the orphaned and homeless as a resource to increase their forces.