Ontario as a Sanctuary????

Horvath will turn Ontario into a sanctuary!  What cockamamie plan is that? 

MALCOLM: Canada doesn't need another sanctuary politician

Canada bans people who: pose a risk to national security, have committed a human rights violation, have ties to organized crime or a terrorist group, have deliberately lied to a Canadian official or who have been convicted of a serious crime.

Terrorists, war criminals, gangsters, liars and thugs.

In other words, the NDP’s sanctuary policy will only protect the sorts of people we really don’t want in our country. Everyone else is already protected by Canada’s extremely generous policies regarding asylum seekers and refugees.

We even provide social services to migrants whose refugee claims have been rejected, and those with pending deportation orders.

Canada’s immigration problems don’t stem from a lack of generosity or good will. Our problems — which are getting worse by the day — come from a political decision not to enforce our current laws.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/malcolm-canada-doesnt-need-another-sanctuary-politician

Toronto opens 800 beds for asylum seekers, asks for millions in provincial, federal help

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-opens-800-beds-for-asylum-seekers-asks-for-millions-in-provincial-federal-help-1.3944406

Quebec asks for federal help as number of asylum-seekers spikes

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/quebec-asks-for-federal-help-as-number-of-asylum-seekers-spikes-1.3886918

Spending! Spending! Spending!   They surely picked a fine time to do it, too - right when we're already struggling!

What about hospitals?  They put people in hallways now.   With more coming - thanks to this sanctuary, all illegals will make a beeline for Ontario - where will we put more people?   In parking lots?

Andrea Horvath isn't just tone-deaf.

HORVATH.  IS.  BRAIN-DEAD.

Edited by betsy

Lol.   Canadians can't afford housing prices in Toronto - some are moving out of Toronto -

Young families can’t afford to live in Toronto

I live in Toronto with my wife and 18-month-old son. My wife and I are both youth workers and have been at our jobs for some time. I work on the front lines with homeless and under-housed youth in employment and at a transitional shelter.

What I find unfortunate is that my wife and I have found it impossible to find affordable housing. After tax, 30 per cent of our income is roughly $1,350. As CMHC recommends no more than 30 per cent of your income be spent on housing, that is a number we aim to use to house ourselves and our young son.

A two-bedroom unit in Toronto is now going for $1,800 and more, plus utilities. That brings housing costs to more than 50 per cent for of a couple making well above minimum wage.

The lack of interest in providing citizens of this city with affordable housing is criminal. If I can’t find housing for my family, how would a young homeless person will ever get off the streets?

I’m disgusted with this city and its municipal government, along with the provincial and federal governments who leave young families like mine with no options. Families in this city are suffering, we are drowning.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editors/2018/01/18/your-letters-young-families-cant-afford-to-live-in-toronto.html

Toronto is a city where even the ‘rich’ can’t afford an average-priced house: BMO

https://globalnews.ca/news/3313407/toronto-average-home-price/

.......yet here we are, providing free housing to  illegals.    And Andrea is  going to invite the undesirables to move in.

Go figure!

Edited by betsy

It would be devastating for Ontario and our social services which are allready under a lot of strain and pressure.  I can't imagine anyone thinking that Ontario should be providing free health care and other services to anyone who crosses our border illegally.   If this happens does it mean the the NDP will direct law enforcement not to co-operate with the Feds in deporting criminals or illegals and will it result in medical tourism.  

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Do you have some numbers ?

What's with this numbers?

What more numbers do you need when they're talking beds in hospital hallways?  is that normal to you?

Shortage of affordable housing?  Toronto and Quebec clamoring for financial help? 

Lol.  they can't even have enough guards to help with the influx that they have to pull some airport guards to do the job!  

Edited by betsy