Our very own Pinocchio

18 hours ago, capricorn said:

No. I have read she is married and does not want to open a can of worms. Can't say I blame her. So Trudeau dodges a bullet.

That makes sense and I don't blame her for not wanting the ensuing publicity if she did that.   Mind you, the papers are usually okay with anonymous sources when it comes to helping Trudeau out, so why can't they confirm what happened using an 'anonymous source'    He's going to get away with it as Parliament is off for the summer now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scribblet said:

That makes sense and I don't blame her for not wanting the ensuing publicity if she did that.   Mind you, the papers are usually okay with anonymous sources when it comes to helping Trudeau out, so why can't they confirm what happened using an 'anonymous source'    He's going to get away with it as Parliament is off for the summer now.

Well, if some media is looking for political material during summer recess, they may just raise the matter again, especially out West where Trudeau Jr's name is mud.

I have a suspicion another similar event is in the wings.

It isn't going away.  Yesterday in Calgary - after announcing some spendings - the groping incident was the first question to come up.

Trudeau says sexual harassment is a 'systemic problem' as Liberal MPs return to Parliament Hill

"We will always defend women," Trudeau said. "As I said last week in Davos — #MeToo, Time's Up, the Women's March are not discrete campaigns for social change. It is a movement, and a movement whose time has come."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-liberals-sexual-harassment-hehr-1.4507704

What happens when #MeToo comes to Parliament Hill

'Many of the stories I heard were heartbreaking,' says Labour Minister Patty Hajdu

"Staffers talked about having a whisper network, knowing which parliamentarians to avoid and which ones were more lecherous when they were drinking," Labour Minister Patty Hajdu said in an interview with CBC News on Thursday, recalling the conversations that preceded her tabling of new rules in November to deal with misconduct in federal workplaces, including Parliament.

"They didn't name names, but they said this was a regular occurrence, that they would share information about this."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/brown-hehr-me-too-analysis-wherry-1.4503839

The Oppositions should bring this up when they come back.  They have to resolve this....whether the media coverage die out or not.  It's counter-productive for them to tackle sexual assaults/harassment in the workplace (Parliament) while the PM himself is in question.  Women MPs especially,  should be adamant about this.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This alleged incident has happened some 18 years ago when Trudeau was not even in politics so why she came forward now? A conspiracy against Trudeau?

She didn't come forward.  Somebody unearthed an old editorial.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This alleged incident has happened some 18 years ago when Trudeau was not even in politics so why she came forward now?

Btw, that's what metoo is mostly all about - digging up bones.  :)  Some even date back more than 20 years ago.

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes my error about her coming forward so I rephrase my question. Why that somebody unearth an old editorial now??? There is political motives or opportunism or both.

..........or maybe someone recalled this old news and wanted to point out the hypocrisy?   Trudeau's rubbed quite a few people the wrong way with his hypocritical stance with MeToo.  That's enough motive for folks to start digging.

Edited by betsy

Bell: Trudeau had his chance and he blew it

We are on the rooftop of a Calgary airport parkade for a government announcement when the news breaks on Friday afternoon.

The prime minister says he’s been reflecting on past behaviours. I’m thinking: Good, good. Reflecting is good.

“I’m confident I did not act inappropriately,” he says, yet again.

A sinking feeling but I’m still hoping for something.

Then Trudeau speaks of the “essence” of the story. When people start talking about the essence of anything, you know we’re heading down a rabbit hole and it’s not going to end well.

“People can experience interactions differently.”

Out comes the well-worn and tiresome script, pronounced in such a profound way it sounds like the sentiment must rank up there with Einstein’s theory of relativity.

“Part of the lesson we need to learn …”

Oh, so now we need to learn a lesson.

This is “a time of collective awakening …”

Is this guy for real?

More......

https://calgarysun.com/news/provincial/bell-trudeau-had-his-chance-and-he-blew-it

• 7 months later...

TRANSPARENCY

Trudeau promises more transparent government and changes to the Senate

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-promises-more-transparent-government-and-changes-to-the-senate/article25924259/

He lied.

Liberals flunk transparency test with Jaspal Atwal affair

https://globalnews.ca/news/4111226/tasha-kheirriddin-liberal-hypocrisy-on-transparency/

Trudeau promised Canadians ‘transparency’ — but he’s given them a brick wall

Don’t ask how much the carbon tax will cost us, or about finances for First Nations. The Liberals think it’s none of your business

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/stephen-ledrew-trudeau-promised-canadians-transparency-but-hes-given-them-a-brick-wall

Trudeau Fails to be Transparent with Canadians

Pierre Paul-Hus, Shadow Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, and Glen Motz, Deputy Shadow Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, today issued the following statement regarding the Trudeau government’s repeated refusal to release documents related to the Firearms Reference Table:

“Justin Trudeau has repeatedly failed to be open and transparent with Canadians. Now he would rather go to court than release documents that simply lay out the classification of all firearms in Canada. What is the Prime Minister trying to hide?

“The documents that have been requested are already widely shared with international law enforcement partners and firearms industry groups. However, despite a ruling from the Information Commissioner, the Liberals are refusing to provide them to Canadians.

http://www.pierrepaul-hus.ca/en/trudeau-ne-veut-pas-etre-transparent-avec-les-canadiens/

Canada’s access-to-information system has worsened under Trudeau government: report

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadas-access-to-information-system-has-worsened-under-trudeau-government-report/article36407309/

The latest epic fail:

Trudeau needs to take off the gag

It’s time to let Jody Wilson-Raybould speak and for Justin Trudeau to get out of the way.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-needs-to-take-off-the-gag

Edited by betsy

On 5/30/2018 at 5:44 PM, OftenWrong said:

The Canadian government ordered that the native children be gathered up, taken away from the reservations. Away from a life of guaranteed neglect and squalor, substance abuse, disease and rife with ignorance. They were "scooped up", in order to save them from that misery.

You forgot also to civilize them.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2018 at 2:48 AM, betsy said:

The Oppositions should bring this up when they come back.  They have to resolve this....whether the media coverage die out or not.  It's counter-productive for them to tackle sexual assaults/harassment in the workplace (Parliament) while the PM himself is in question.  Women MPs especially,  should be adamant about this.

Nobody - not the Opposition nor the media should bother pay this any more attention at all.  A groping incident that took place decades ago is not worthy of the time.  Enough with this dredging up ignorant youthful mistakes from long ago. There are real victims of sexual abuse who deserve our attention and this is not the way to do so. 

49 minutes ago, mowich said:

Nobody - not the Opposition nor the media should bother pay this any more attention at all.  A groping incident that took place decades ago is not worthy of the time.  Enough with this dredging up ignorant youthful mistakes from long ago. There are real victims of sexual abuse who deserve our attention and this is not the way to do so. 

Isn't that what "Me Too" is all about?   Dredging up mistakes from the distant past?  

Trudeau promotes Time's Up, #MeToo movements in Davos speech

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-davos-speech-1.4499680

So, look who's talking (Trudeau).

What's good for the goose, should be good for the gander.  

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Isn't that what "Me Too" is all about?   Dredging up mistakes from the distant past?  

Trudeau promotes Time's Up, #MeToo movements in Davos speech

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-davos-speech-1.4499680

So, look who's talking (Trudeau).

What's good for the goose, should be good for the gander.  

Yes well, me2 has been known to back the wrong person to their detriment. 

It is way too easy for anyone to make accusations that immediately damage a person's reputation without providing a single shred of proof until or if there is an actual charge laid and a conviction secured.  

11 hours ago, mowich said:

Yes well, me2 has been known to back the wrong person to their detriment. 

It is way too easy for anyone to make accusations that immediately damage a person's reputation without providing a single shred of proof until or if there is an actual charge laid and a conviction secured.  

I agree with you - thus my distaste (and ridicule) for Me Too.  Look what they did to Kavanaugh!

But, that message is lost on Trudeau. shrug.gif

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1