When did it become wrong to even question natives?

7 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

They call it "the tyranny of the minority". Very apt for much of what we see in Canada today......and it's shameful that our media let them get away with it. In all seriousness, an example is Global Warming/Climate Change. Any informed, rational person understands that there is an underlying skepticism to the alarmist cries that 100% of the warming of the last century is caused by humans. We know that computer models have grossly over-estimated warming. We know that North America had the longest "drought" of hurricanes ever - lasting 12 years until the last one in Texas whose name eludes me. We know that there were little or no temperature records in most of the world outside the UK and North America - yet we somehow know the Global temperature back then. As I posted previously, there have been NO heat records set in any one state since 1994 - and most were set in the 30's. Does any of this give pause to the proposal that perhaps humans are NOT 100% responsible?Are we really that arrogant that we think we are more powerful than Mother Nature. All this and much, much more - without even getting into the politics and self-serving culture of the UN/IPCC and the characters that infest its partners - yet the media refuses to create a narrative that fosters a true dialogue. Call the skeptics a minority if you will - but the media - in this case - will not permit the "tyranny of the minority". Elitism - Father knows best.....at its worst.

With all the global weather and earthly catastrophes that have happened to the earth over the hundreds of centuries the earth is still around alive and kicking. From tornadoes, to earthquakes, to volcano eruptions, to floods, to hurricanes, to meteors, to mankind bombing the hell out of the earth, and so much more, and yet these same fools seem to feel that if the temperatures go up a couple more degrees that it will be the end for the earth. Get real. At one time most of North America was covered in ice and snow. It all melted away and here we are, banging away on our keyboards. These doom and gloom climate change losers are a laugh. Why the liberal media and the politically correct always pays attention to a small minority groups/s is beyond me. It should be the majority that rules, not the minority. 

I must apologize to the forum.  I broke the rules by posting an article.  I am sorry for that.

The article was written by Robert McBain refuting claims in a story called the 'The Secret Path' about a young native boy called Charlie Wenjack.

After much due diligence, Mr McBain was able to prove that much of what was written was little more than a pack of lies.

The truth is that Charlie Wenjack actually attended a public school in Kenora, ON.  He only boarded at Ceclia Jeffrey Indian Residential School.  The school was NOT run by Catholics but by the Women's Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church.  There were no nuns or priests at the school.  A Cree/Saulteaux by the name of Colin Wasacase was in charge of the school at the time and his wife was the matron.

There is no credible evidence that the children were kept in prison-like conditions.  Nor is their any evidence of abuse at the school. 

On the day Charlie disappeared he had been playing with two orphan boys from the school who had run away before.  On the afternoon in question, the boys decided they would run away and visit their uncle - Charlie decided to go with them.

After spending a few days at the cabin of the boy's uncle and for all appearances being well-cared for, Charlie decided he wanted to go home. Home was fly-in Ojibway community on the Marten Falls reserve.  After being shown the railway tracks by the boy's uncle and being told to ask CNR railway workers for food along the way, Charlie left.

His body was discovered by CNR engineer on October 23, 1996.

That is the true story of Charlie Wenjack.

The Secret Path has now become required reading in schools across this country.

What good does this piece of revisionist history do for the true victims of abuse in Residential Schools.  With all the available evidence, one might wonder why the authors didn't choose a true account instead of fictionalizing the life and death of young Charlie Wenjack. 

EF12MisinformationWenjackMacBain.pdf

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 12:40 PM, mowich said:

The Secret Path has now become required reading in schools across this country.

What good does this piece of revisionist history do for the true victims of abuse in Residential Schools.  With all the available evidence, one might wonder why the authors didn't choose a true account instead of fictionalizing the life and death of young Charlie Wenjack. 

EF12MisinformationWenjackMacBain.pdf

Here's a National Post article that echos this post. How quickly we jump to blacken our own eyes by teaching our children mis-guided fiction.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/guilt-over-aboriginals-can-lead-to-teaching-children-untruths-its-happening-in-canada

• Like 1

Just now, Centerpiece said:

Here's a National Post article that echos this post. How quickly we jump to blacken our own eyes by teaching our children mis-guided fiction.

That NP article was the first glimmer of hope in tracking down the truth, Centerpiece.  From it I was able to dig deeper and find more and more facts about the true story of Charlie. 

It angers me no end that our kids are being made to read, study and accept as fact what is a fictionalized account of a young boys life and death.  And to think the author of the book is held up as a hero. 

5 hours ago, mowich said:

It angers me no end that our kids are being made to read, study and accept as fact what is...fictionalized... 

Fair enough, it's just too bad no one took the time to point out the crap in the romanticized facts they taught me back in the day about Canada's noble past.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Fair enough, it's just too bad no one took the time to point out the crap in the romanticized facts they taught me back in the day about Canada's noble past.

Would you care to expand upon your comment, eyeball.  I would be interested in knowing exactly what 'crap' you are referring to in your post.  I don't like making assumptions.

I simply mean the stuff I was taught in school about Canada's settlement and confederation and with regard to native people didn't paint the whole picture - especially in light of what I learned later in life when I moved to the west coast and got a different sense of things from a few Nuu Chah Nulth friends and associates.   

On ‎04‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, eyeball said:

I simply mean the stuff I was taught in school about Canada's settlement and confederation and with regard to native people didn't paint the whole picture - especially in light of what I learned later in life when I moved to the west coast and got a different sense of things from a few Nuu Chah Nulth friends and associates.   

You are absolutely right, eyeball.  We were presented with a one-sided story for the most part and that did no one any good.  I was lucky enough to go school with students from the Cree nation in our area.  Through them, we were able to gain a much better understanding of the indigenous point of view.  But that option was not available to all Canadian students and due to that many grew up believing exactly what they were told in school. 

In the last decade or so, Canadians have come to realize that - due to those FNs that have come forth to tell their side of the story. 

That said, within the FN communities there is a core of people who, for their own ends, choose to ignore or disavow certain truths about what happened in the past.  They shout down the voices of their own brethren who would affirm those truths.  There also are among them a group who despise any form of religion that is not based on their form of Indigenous spirituality and though unable to turn all their fellow FNs from following other faiths, have been wildly successful at having their ceremonies front and center at every event involving Fed and Provincial governments.  Precious time is taken up with long involved ceremonies prior to hearings, inquiries, round-tables, and commissions.  I watched several sessions of the MMIW inquiry and was stunned by how much time was given over to these types of ceremonies and how little time was given to the people who were there to share their stories. 

I live close to a reserve here in BC and know many of the FNs.  What they have to say about this core of what some have termed 'the aboriginal industry' would make illuminating reading were any of the media in Canada inclined to listen to them. 

Edited by Charles Anthony
fixed mal-formed quote