U.S. political system as seen from abroad

On 27/03/2018 at 5:11 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

It's just always fascinated me that people around the world take an interest in our politics--but they don't go all the way. It's a half-assed interest. It's always seen through their eyes, rather than taking the facts in context of the American political system which, despite their intense interest, they do not seem to understand very much.

That's your view as seen from "within", but I think it's a bit of a mix. Even within the USA, there's a lot of misunderstanding driven by fear mongering media. Like all the blah blah bah about the electoral college. Probably the majority of people don't fully understand what's really going on as we are not privy to the reality behind the headlines. Some may read the first paragraph of a story but important details are kept further down, sometimes purposely it seems. A good example is the guy who was fired by Trump 2 days before his retirement. It was all over the news and even my mother commented on how unfair it was to do that to someone. But this week the details came out on what the guy did that led to his dismissal, leaking information and lying to his superiors. This however is not making much rounds on the news.