Where is Osama bin Laden?

maplesyrup

Alive and well in Beverley Hills. Didn't you see him in the line up at McDonalds?

But let's not forget; they got that big bad guy Saddam (former friend) who didn't have any of the WMD left that the Yanks gave him a few years back. By the way; what happened to those incredible bunkers that ran for miles with all the luxuries that the media talked about prior to the invasion. Suddenly, that was forgotten or maybe exaggerated. Looked more like a rabbit hole Saddam was hiding in. Never saw any pictures of these vast underground luxury bunkers. More Bunk and lies eh.

They seek him here, they seek him there. those Yankees seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell that damned elusive Osama bin Laden.

With apologies to the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Dear maplesyrup,

Osama Bin Laden is most likely in or near the Khyber Pass, bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan. There is a tribal folk there that NO ONE messes with. ( I don't have their name handy, that book is at work)

Hamid Karzai, derogatorily nicknamed 'The Mayor of Kabul', can't find him because he can't leave the city, the only place ruled by the gov't in Afghanistan.

Since Bin Laden called Allawi 'the leader of Al qaeda in Iraq', we can assume bin Laden isn't there.

The Safed Koh range, near a source of water for several, and near a main travelling route between Afghanistan and Pakistan is the most likely place. Given the abilities of US satellites that can read a cigarette pack in the desert from space, and my bit of common sense, I bet I could find him within a week.

But let's not forget; they got that big bad guy Saddam (former friend) who didn't have any of the WMD left that the Yanks gave him a few years back.

And the French. And the Russians. And the Germans. You want me to go on? Lots of countries gave lots of things to Saddam. But just for the record, the US didn't give WMD to Saddam, they gave chemicals to him that he used to make the WMD. But you could get most of those chemicals yourself at the local chemical supplier.

As for where Osama is, I'd guess he is in the Afghan mountains being supported and hidden by one of the many tribes. Very rugged region, lots of hiding places.

And whoever said nobody would mess with the tribe who is hiding him..well, a 500 pound bomb courtesy of the US of A might say otherwise.

But just for the record, the US didn't give WMD to Saddam, they gave chemicals to him that he used to make the WMD

As Chemical warfare was against international law; you are not saying much good about the Americans, I guess that is why they vetoed a UN resolution against him for gassing the Kurds; the Americans at that time claimed that the Kurds were accidently gassed by the Iranians. hmmmmmmmmm

But just for the record, the US didn't give WMD to Saddam, they gave chemicals to him that he used to make the WMD

As Chemical warfare was against international law; you are not saying much good about the Americans, I guess that is why they vetoed a UN resolution against him for gassing the Kurds; the Americans at that time claimed that the Kurds were accidently gassed by the Iranians. hmmmmmmmmm

Why am I not saying much about the Americans? Chemicals have lots of civil and harmless purposes. They can be used to create vaccines, they can be used in industry, many innocent uses.

And the US vetoing the resolution, that was to be expected. Any country with veto power at the UN would veto a resolution in order to protect it's own allies and interests. Whether it be right or wrong, it's a fact of life.

As for where they are now, we'll probably never see them again...most likely buried in the Syrian desert. You don't just destroy the huge amounts of WMD that Saddam had stockpiled without making some sort of record of it, especially with the US hot on your ass. I mean, they can't even find people in Iraq today that were involved in the process, so I see no reason to doubt their existance.

And the US vetoing the resolution, that was to be expected. Any country with veto power at the UN would veto a resolution in order to protect it's own allies and interests. Whether it be right or wrong, it's a fact of life.

That is where you and the USA are completely wrong. The UN should not be used as a political tool. When these countries with a veto use their vote for political purposes and lack moral character; they are not to be trusted or respected. That is why the UN does not work properly. When one sleeps with a mangy dog ; one wakes up lousy with fleas and the USA is infested.

As for where they are now, we'll probably never see them again...most likely buried in the Syrian desert. You don't just destroy the huge amounts of WMD that Saddam had stockpiled without making some sort of record of it, especially with the US hot on your ass. I mean, they can't even find people in Iraq today that were involved in the process, so I see no reason to doubt their existance.

So you are one of "those" who still are being taken in by the claim of Iraq possessing WMD. Even the USA has buried that issue. Are you saying the American experts over in Iraq were so incompetent; that they could not find one trace of any viable WMD. I suppose you still believe in Sanata Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth faerie.

Dear maplesyrup,

Osama Bin Laden is most likely in or near the Khyber Pass, bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan. There is a tribal folk there that NO ONE messes with. ( I don't have their name handy, that book is at work)

I believe you're referring to the "Pashtun" people.

Not only are they taken very seriously by neighbouring military forces. but they have a strict code of honor whereby anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who asks for sanctuary, is granted it.

And, if one family grants sanctuary, any other family or tribe who violates the sanctuary given, even by a rival clan, brings great dishonor on themselves and their family.

Combine this with the fact that these people know the land like the proverbial backs of their hands, it would make it very difficult to find anyone there.